- A hands - on 17+ years of Systems Administration experience with an extensive background in mixed Unix / Linux & Microsoft Windows environments.
- Led 100's of successful projects and assignments ranging from Administering Corporate networks to nationwide deployment and system integration in a variety of scenarios including the support of various applications such as WebSphere, Cloudera Hadoop, Control Tower, Progress Savvion and more.
- Proven track in written & verbal communications, project management, critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution, customer service, and personnel management/training skills.
DevOps / Systems Engineer
Confidential, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Uncovered issues pertaining to environment installation performed by PES on several applications
- Implemented solutions that would decrease support time from 10-15 mins down to a few seconds
- Oversaw and coordinated load testing in GPSA
- Worked closely with PM to schedule code moves, stress tests and ramp up scheduling.
IBM eCommerce / Portal Lead Administrator
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Lead a team of administrators over seeing WebSphere Portal & Websphere Commerce
- Installation, configuration, administration, monitoring, capacity planning, operational services and integration of enhancements, troubleshooting efforts that pertain to multiple environments including development, SIT, test, staging/UAT and production.
- Support of WebSphere Commerce Server in a Solaris/IBM AIX/RedHat computing environment.
- Support of WebSphere Portal Server in mixed *NIX environments
- HIPAA Certified IBM HW Certified Confidential HW Certified Confidential HW Certified Applications IBM WebSphere WebSphere Portal WebSphere Commerce WebSphere MQ IBM RAF WCM Splunk Introscope PureApps TeaLeaf Cloudera Hadoop Suite Progress Savvion Progress PCT Apache LDAP Studio Confidential OpenView Invision TouchPaper Active Directory NextGen Heat Service MGT Vmware SAP Exchange Server Tivoli Storage Mgr Ayanova Eclipse IIS MS Office Hardware Servers Network Switches Firewalls GSM Banks Load balancers GSM Gateways Billing Servers Laptops Desktops etup and maintain Splunk alerts and dashboards on 8 different business channels
- Provide business with various Splunk related metrics and reports Oversee CA Introscope monitoring initiatives across all production systems Work with and mentor other IT Operation team members
- Deploy IBM Ecommerce websites or components of sites that fulfill business demands and requirements.
- Make recommendations for WebSphere Commerce Server configurations including Portal & WCM (Web Content Management)
- Follow project process, change management, and other policies as defined by TracFone Meet with clients to develop functional requirements for assigned projects.
WebSphere Deployment Engineer / Administrator
Confidential, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Support and execute deployment procedures and all associated activities for releases, patches, and pre- and post-deployment support for the testing & production environments
- Adhere to established processes for change management; contribute to status reports regarding change management and deployment activities
- Create and maintain project build, installation, deployment scripts and documentation
- Perform release management
- Release delivery and support in local and customer environments
- Maintain several virtual machine environments
- Communicate with Information Technology (IT)cross-functional team members to stay informed about the daily status of testing environments, builds and releases; plan deployment activities in conjunction with established project timelines and test schedules
- Fix all errors and bugs, research the origin of errors and recommend bug fixes; collaborate with engineers to determine root causes and keep problem resolution/issues log
- Maintain industry/technical knowledge base and facilitate/maintain industry relationships
- Demonstrate commitment to providing customer-focused quality service
- Support assigned systems with on-call availability and respond within agreed timeframes
Confidential, Fishers, IN
- Deployed applications to production and non-production environments.
- Applied and promoted IBM Websphere patches to all environments.
- Performed WCM syndication operations between various authoring environments
- Troubleshot application server issues related to the platform and applications.
- Maintained various wiki's including software versioning and deployment history
- Worked with vendors and partners on solving problems and new business requirements.
- Worked with network administrator to maintain DNS & DMZ addresses and rules
- Updated documentation related to infrastructure and architecture of web systems.
- Produced project related documentation and provide estimates to the Project Lead or Manager for work to be completed.
- Planed, documented and executed disaster recovery exercises of the web environments. Perform daily and nightly deployments (scheduled & emergency)
- Installing and configuring IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0x, IBM HTTP server, WebSphere Portal 6.1.x on Unix/Linux servers and Windows Server 2003 in a Vmware and blade environments including taking snapshots of various environments for restoration and backup purposes Responsible for setting up the Development, Test, UAT and Production environments.
- Enabled security using the local operating system registry by assigning different roles to different users and groups.
- Installed operating system software (Red Hat Linux & Windows Server) for the test, pre-production and production environments.
- Installed and configured the WebSphere plug-in for remote web servers.
- Implemented Workload Management (WLM) for failover using a horizontal, vertical and a combination of horizontal and vertical clustering.
- Configured WebSphere resources such as JDBC providers, JDBC data sources and connection pools.
- Applied fix packs and refresh packs to various IBM products using update installer.
- Performed various tasks related to syndication of WCM environments to multiple authoring environments.
- Managed the user environments by adding, modifying and removing user accounts and by assigning proper permissions and rights to files and directories.
- Monitored, maintained and deployed various portlets and dashboards to Progress Savvion and PCT servers.
- Responsible for debugging application problems during the development of the application.
- Giving 24x7 support on rotation based schedules monitoring various aspects of system performance, resource utilization, and application usage.
- Deployed EAR files via IBM ICS and WAR files via Portal Console
- Performed XML access script deployments via shell when required by developers
- Fine tuned JVM memory parameters and settings for optimal performance and decrease in dumps and out of memory JVM errors
- Worked with IBM Support via PMR ticket creation and communication until issues are resolved Created shut down and startup scripts for application servers for emergency and scheduled outages Ongoing maintenance of backup XML scripts for portal sites used by business Maintained scheduled tasks on a variety of servers for different lines of business
Confidential, Seymour, CT
- Ongoing identification and remediation of workstation patching defects and reporting.
- Work with security team on AV integration and identifying Confidential machines and rolling out proper updates.
- Entering of software entitlements into UAPM
- Update Software Request workflows to reflect new versions of software and or installations/updates, run reporting on requests as needed or requested.
- Link thousands of entitlement records to actual users, run monthly audit reports, license upgrades, reassignments, and/or cost savings opportunities
- Supporting hospital application and hardware environments including desktop system image building and configuration
- Coordinating the service operation by utilizing TouchPaper
- Responsible for coordinating the help desk operation for 100's of clients nationwide specifically in the medical field.
- Built and configured Windows based 2003/2008 Servers per clients' requests/needs Administered a variety of mixed windows and Unix/Linux environments
- Performed AD and Vintela VAS integrations to a variety of environments
- Troubleshot VAS connectivity issues with Win 2003/2008 Active Directory based environments
- Supervised on site technicians and performed regular onsite hands on services for escalated issues.
- Was responsible for building and maintaining clients' networks and IT /Telecom needs in a variety of settings and environments
- Managed and coordinated numerous nationwide roll outs successfully
- Successfully managed the design and integration of 100's of CMS based websites running on PHP based platforms.
- Devised a solution tailored to aggressive web marketing strategies yielding massive amounts of search engine traffic to targeted websites, Ecommerce sites & Service based websites.
Confidential, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Supported 100's of clients on-site in a variety of office and corporate environments
- Involved in daily Server builds, troubleshooting and repairs ( IBM Servers - Win/Linux)
- Designed and implemented Active Directory and Vintela based Windows 2003/2008 & Linux
- Installed and troubleshot Watchguard & Snapgear Firewalls
- Maintained VPN and IPsec tunnels between various clients' sites
- Worked with various network admins in subnetting, IP mappings and assignments as well as network tweaking and troubleshooting using Confidential based testing equipment
- Performed various backup functions via Tivoli storage manager in a variety of scenarios
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Installation and maintenance of Office suit products in Virtual environments using Vmware and RDP
- Weekly system imaging of clients' servers using Vmware Server
Confidential, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Onsite & Remote support services
- Server builds per client requirements
- Exchange Server integration
- Network routing setup
Senior Trading Floor Technician
Confidential, Stamford, Connecticut
- Selected from 300+ applicants as Trading senior floor technician in one of busiest trading floor environments world-wide
- Coordinated help desk support operations
- Duties included resolving help desk tickets in queue and quick turn-around time for 4000+ immediate support locations/users on floor
- Coordinated hot swap operation between 3 departments
- Performed system imaging & configurations on standard workstations used throughout bank/trading floor
- Supported workstations and desktops to traders on trading floor
- Coordinated technician assignments and service dispatch
- Setup and maintain a variety of Windows Server based networks at clients' sites
- Building and configuring Confidential Net-servers according to clients requirements and needs
- Network design and integration based on clients demands
- Firewall installation and maintenance
- Training of call center agents to ensure proper call etiquettes, procedure and call handling
Confidential, Stamford, Connecticut
- Building and configuring a variety of Compaq Proliant servers
- User and machine account setup and configuration on domains.
- Port activations for users' offices from various telecom rooms.
- Mapping out data center equipment and maintaining database including IP's for Confidential
- Daily backup and restore operations in 2 data centers using ADIC backup products and ArcServeIT
Confidential, Old Tappan, New Jersey
- Win NT and Unix MVS document archiving server setup and configuration Firewall setup and configuration (Cyberwall by network-1)
- SAP beta testing, setup, documentation and installation Coordinated help desk operation
- Setup and configure IBM Netfinity 4500 and 8500 servers based on software requirements IIS Integration with Mobius document archiving products
- Document Direct, Document Direct for Internet, Document Direct for Networks & Document Direct for MVS
Help desk Coordinator, Senior Technician
Confidential, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Coordinated the help desk operation and was responsible for 400+ PC's
- Maintenance and desk side assistance to University's faculty and staff
- Other duties included coordinating operation with CompUSA help desk & Call center agents
- Maintained 2 day turn-around time for trouble tickets on campus