I am a skilled professional self - starter with 20 years of IT experience supporting and engineering IT solutions, seeking a challenging position that utilizes background and dedicated work habits to support wide range of business objectives.
SOFTWARE: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open stack, TFS server, VSTS, Tableau server, Windows server 2000 - 2016, Exchange Server 5.0 - 2016, Exchange Online, SharePoint, sharePoint Online, Office 365, Vmware ESX server 3.0 - 6.0, Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Microsoft SQL Server, MS SQL Reporting Server, MS SQL Analytic, 2000 - 2014, Microsoft IIS, Power BI
HARDWARE: IBM/DELL/HP (Laptops, Desktops, Server), HP/DELL/Cisco/Intel Blades Servers, Blackberry, Ipads, MS Surface, Cisco PIX 525, Cisco Wireless, Cisco Catalyst 3750 Multilayer and 6500 Switches, HP Procurve, Netapp NAS, brocade SAN switch, Sonicwall Firewalls, HP Modular Storage array, HP EVA, Proliant DL/ML servers, Cisco Ironport, HP MSA Storage, Adaptec Storage
NETWORKING: TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, 100BaseT, 1G\10G Networking, DHCP, DNS, WINS, SMTP, FTP, IGRP, VPN, VLAN, EIGRP, DFS, DDNS, LDAP, Layer 2 and 3 routing, Big IP F5, Cisco Ironport
Lead Enterprise Engineer
- Provide third level engineering and support for DNS, Active Director, Exchange 2010, Exchange online, Sharepoint, TFS, VSTS and Tableau.
- Preformed Exchange task such as, Exchange server and DB backups, performance optimization mailbox archiving and maintaining server drive size, setting up SMTP relays, recovering corrupted mailbox, set mailbox quotes, maintaining DAG Health, DLP Rules, white list and virus definitions files.
- Migrate email mailboxes to Exchange Online (Office365). Managed hybrid configuration.
- Create critical design documents and standard operation procedure (SOP) for all systems in the enterprise service department catalog.
- Lead companywide technical decision regarding the life cycle of Exchange, K2, and SharePoint.
- Managed IronPort smart SMTP gateway
- Setup and manage Spam policies, domain whitelist, well as mail routing policies, antivirus, DLP, and quarantine settings.
- Implement regular system backup process with failure testing and disaster recovery plan
- Implemented any software and hardware updates as well as setup two form factor authenticate for Exchange, Azure, VSTS
- Maintained and managed federated configuration in exchange.
- Supported human resources and legal department investigate efforts by providing mail rules to hold emails, powershell scripts to track messages.
- Script single mail item removal from multiple users.
- Support of SharePoint included allowing rights to sites, editing master pages and styles sheets and creating sub sites, integrating other Microsoft application with SharePoint, (i.e. SQL reporting services, Projects server), internal and external facing applications, third party integration, ADFS SAML integration.
- Assist in the development of enterprise policies and directives.
- Managed Exchange and SharePoint users, DL, and security groups in AD
- Delivered both oral and written communication to the highest levels of customer and company management
- Identify performance gaps (operational, training, etc.); develop and implement repeatable, sustainable processes to increase operational efficiencies
Lead Systems Engineer
- Provided senior system engineering and system administration in a mixed network operating environment
- Provide Tier III support for: Exchange, SharePoint, TFS, SQL
- Support 300+ users and 80+ servers.
- Maintained and supported office 365 environment after migrating from exchange 2010
- Maintained the messaging infrastructure which includes applications ensuring consistency and compatibility, directory replications, gateways, connectors, etc.
- Identify and implement alerts to proactively manage the messaging infrastructure and other corporate web application.
- Support mobile messaging solutions, BES, Active Sync
- Track messages using powershell.
- Enabled mailboxes, mail features and database copies using powershell.
- Trained Jr support staff as well as created user training artifacts
- Engineered and managed virtual hosting environment used for client facing web application.
- Manage SAN environment that was made up of a clustered Netapp NAS/ISCSI/Fiber device
- Carved out LUN for direct attach disk to virtual host server, SQL server cluster and virtual servers.
- Manage AD, WINS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, VPN, switching, routing, Linux systems, production and development ESX farms and firewall services
- Preformed SQL administration on production database.
- This includes writing scripts that changed and add SQL server names, truncating logs and backup the databases, drop tables, create views.
- Basic setup and administration of Linux and Sun Solaris 10.
- Setup and manage BIND DNS on Red Hat Linux platform.
- Engineered lab environment for client initiatives with windows servers and isolated AD infrastructure.
- Manage office collaboration environment.
- Performed upgrade of vmware virtual environment.
- Planned and Migrated servers and application from private cloud to the Azure cloud
- Managed and monitored back up jobs
- Assisted in review and analysis of cost and schedule estimates associated with Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Contract Change Proposals (CCPs), change orders, and prime contract modifications
Sr lead System Engineer/Administrator
- Support multiple clients that where state of Maryland agencies.
- Provided support for MDOT multi location data centers with over 600+ servers running windows 2003, windows 2000, Novell and Vmware ESX 3.5, and supported the AD structure for over 3000 users
- Provided face to face and phone support
- Support multiple exchange environment.
- Provided project coordination for software upgrades and system patch
- Coordinated outside vendor support
- Setup and supported SharePoint 2007 for internal collaboration.
- Patch SharePoint servers and maintenance capacity reports
- Supported multiple vmware virtual infrastructure clusters within the MDOT environment.
- Ran consistency check again exchange database during maintenance windows.
- Setup mail box maintenance to auto archive emails
- Supported production and development cluster of web farm of 4 IIS 6 servers that host client’s OHEP energy assistant web application.
- Planned upgrades of server platform for the highway intelligence system (CHART) to windows 2003 as well as documenting of process
- Provided weekly reports on system support calls and there SLAs
- Lead customer support Business Administration activities, including but not limited to budgeting, service delivery coordination, knowledge management, and modernization planning; Apply knowledge of resource planning and execution processes to support customer program planning, decision briefings, and progress assessment
- Coordinate with customer organization to educate user/consumer community on application development and management service availability, service delivery processes, and capabilities