- Creative, broadly talented Software Engineer and Solutions Specialist for Linux.
- Continual learner and passion for identifying and solving development and delivery challenges.
- Known for exceptional team and project leadership and management to meet aggressive deliverable deadlines.
- Proven ability to provide easy to use and understandable solutions and processes to users.
- Comfortable performing in fast paced environments with daily challenges requiring problem solving expertise.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Python, Shell, Perl.
Build Systems: gnu make, rpm specfiles, bsd make, Open Build Service.
Continuous Integration: Jenkins CI, Jenkins Pipeline.
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, NFS, PXE
Linux Kernel Internals: Storage, Fast data movement, Networking, Memory Management,Multi Processor
File Systems and Volume managers: XFS, EXT3, LVM, device mapper.
Source Code Control Systems: Very strong with git, also familiar with Subversion, mercurial, CVS, Perforce.
FreeBSD operating system.: Experienced with developing for FreeBSD including FreeBSD kernel development.
Make build Systems.: Experienced in both GNU make and BSD Makefile based systems.
Linux kernel Configuration: Setup and customizations of Linux kernel builds.
Senior Storage Engineer
- Developed storage caching software for Confidential supercomputers.
- Provided transparent I/O interface for applications to access fast SSD disks vs waiting for slower network backed storage.
- Provided Linux kernel level coding which required an in depth understanding of the Linux storage layers and fundamental operating system facilities.
- Design member creating an automated build and test system to verify software functionality, satiability and no regressions.
Senior Kernel Engineer
- Senior team lead porting Isilon OneFS filesystem to a newer version of FreeBSD.
- Interacted with multiple areas of the FreeBSD system: kernel, userspace, device drivers, to the FreeBSD build.
- Migrated home grown continuous integration process to industry supported Jenkins system.
- Designed and performed complex conversion of main source base from Subversion to Git.
- Provided both written and verbal migration support to engineering.
- Designed and performed migration of main CVS repository to a collection of Git repositories.
- Provided written documentation to aid development transition.
- Analyzed and improved software raid solution on for Linux.
- Completed software stack that included built in hardware drivers for SAS and SATA based solutions.
- Delivered Board Support Package for Linux ARM embedded automotive system.
- Developed firmware build for flash install to system.
- Developed custom Linux kernel work to support specific hardware like USB, CANbus.
Senior System Developer
- Senior team member tasked with upgrading the PanFS filesystem from a uniprocessor version of FreeBSD to a multiprocessor / multi - threaded version of FreeBSD.