- Subject Matter Expert and "Go - To" asset valued for initiating IT best practices, and enhancing UNIX, Linux, and EDI efforts.
- Focused on optimizing internal network functionality and driving the timely adoption of critical technology for vital applications and networks.
- Consistently engaged in highly visible and growth-oriented projects.
- Recognized for displaying a hands-on ability to deliver timely and cutting-edge web, database, and Project Management services.
- A cost-conscious provider who leverages the full potential of IT to essential business functions.
- Strategically generated a lab that could load 400 computers dynamically with an OS.
- This supported the timely development of a Linux NAS appliance, and the subsequent client systems to test them
- Initiated and built a large network that started with no assets and ended up with 1000-2000 clients and servers, and WAN and LAN links for 100 locations
- Creatively designed and developed a highly efficient EDI system that accepted and processed orders, sent invoices, and issued advanced shipment notifications
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- IT Support
- Web Services
- Desktop Systems
- Disaster Recovery
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Data Network Infrastructure
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows
Software: Apache, Java, .Net, Perl, MySql, Firebird, Zope
Networking: LAN, WAN, Cisco, Baynetworks, HP, Adtran Routers and Switches, Firewalls, VPN, AIX and Linux Servers
Other: EDI Communication System, Unidata Database
Efficiently delivers cost conscious computer and networking expertise for small and medium sized businesses.
Provided technical expertise for IT network design, implementation, optimization and upgrade. Monitored the LAN/WAN network environment including routers, switches using Nagios. Maintenance of Linux servers, Cisco and Extreem Networks infrastructure system network components. Performed troubleshooting and diagnosis of hardware/software network failures, and provided resolutions. Provided administration support, accessing network systems in their ‘root’ level.
Participated in an Agile team providing support for development of Java and .Net applications running on Tomcat and IIS servers. Using Jankins for continuous integration, and Maven, Anthill for building . Team foundation Server for source control, build and ticketing. Power shell and Linux shell scripts used in deployment of software.
Managing software and firmware on Red Hat servers used in the banking industry. Writing scripts and processes used in the automaton of updates to 6000+ servers. Using Python, Perl, Bash, and Ksh. Assisting in the automation of software management using Red Hat Satellite and Sam servers. CVE scanning and remediation of vulnerabilities.
Subject Matter Expert
Internal resource skilled in supporting intra and internet technologies including web sites, and the development of databases using Apache, Java, .Net, Perl, MySql, Firebird, and Zope Optimized all network connectivity initiatives for the LAN's and WAN's which were running on Cisco, Baynetworks, HP, and Adtran routers and switches. Install, Maintain, and Monitor IBM P570 AIX Server which runs the main ERP system. Also responsible for 3 Test Servers which include 2 P510 Aix Servers and 1 H70 RS6000 Server.
Linux Functionality Leader who generated a robust system that facilitated the automatic loading of Linux-based network appliances on commodity based hardware. Actively assisted in the creation of a test lab, which operated approx. 400 computers running Windows and Linux based systems in a dynamic fashion. The lab was critical to the development and testing of Linux based network appliances.
Accurately supported computer and networking systems using AIX, Cisco, and Novel Microsoft Linux technologies.
Successfully resolved customer connectivity, web usage, and development challenges, installed and repaired Cisco routers and Livingston Portservers, connected and configured WAN's, and enhanced modem connections.