- Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and Macromedia Flash.
- Linux and Ubuntu powered servers, Cisco switches/routers, and Juniper firewalls.
- Linux OS distributions: CentOS/Fedora Core/Red Hat
- Solaris v10.x and v11.x
- Cisco iOS
- Juniper Screen iOS
Senior Linux Engineer
- Provisioned and setup new and existing bare - metal servers and virtualization platforms using the appropriate distribution of Linux and network configuration.
- Applied OS patches and upgrades; upgraded administrative tools and utilities.
- Configured/added new services as necessary.
- Managed and provided "Level IN” technical support of server hardware and software tools.
- Restored and recovered data from hardware failures.
- Administered the company’s Cisco Switches, and Juniper Firewall.
- Performed ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configured CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Researched and recommended innovative approaches for system administration tasks.
- Worked with multiple teams, leaders and architects to ensure systems are aligned with overall IT policies and standards
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Ensured the 24/7/365 availability of all systems, applications, and infrastructure.
- Configured new servers, applications, and updates that fulfill the support of secure systems.
- Participated in mitigating, identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware and software issues on servers in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Coordinated with colleagues to prioritize and improve existing systems.
- Advanced knowledge of remote desktop and servers.