Current Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, 2012 network operating systems.Windows 7, 8, 10 desktop operating systems.
Current Technical Applications: VMware vSphere, vCenter, Site Recovery Manager, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x, Provisioning Services, StoreFront 2.x, Netscaler VPX 200 10.x, Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2013 w/ Outlook 2013, 2016, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012, 2014, Microsoft SCCM, SCOM, Kaseya, Symantec Ghost, Citrix XenMobile, AirWatch, Blackbery MDM, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Clustering & Network Load Balancing, CommVault Simpana, Veritas BackupExec, Network Associates ArcServ, Bridgehead
Backup Software: Cisco Unified Messaging VoIP Solutions - Heat, Remedy, ServiceNow Service Desk Solutions
Current Hardware: NetApp FAS solutions with redundant architecture, SnapMirror, SnapDrive, SnapManager, Cisco UCS B22 M3 Blade Solutions, HP Proliant and Netserver servers, Dell PowerEdge, Cisco 6509, 35XX, 29XX switches, Cisco and AirConnect Wireless LAN, HP, Xerox, Cannon printing solutions, HP & Dell business-class user computing device in various form factors Proficient with Microsoft Office 2016, Corel WordPerfect Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio and many other desktop applications.
Confidential, Columbia, Maryland
Sr. Manager, Customer Systems & Support
- Managed and evaluated a team of individuals responsible for various job functions, including network infrastructure, systems engineering, telecommunications, centralized and remote service desk personnel.
- Coached team members regarding career development.
- Served as the primary technical resource for the review, selection, implementation, and administration of all infrastructure and server solutions for the Company.
- Collaborated with other IT Division Managers and the CIO to develop technology goals and projects.
- Formulated organizational strategies for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Developed and managed the operating budget for the IT Operations Department to provide predictable spending allocations.
- Developed security standards in coordination with subject matter experts and Internal Audit team members.
- Coordinated ongoing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing to ensure compliance with auditable standards.
- Managed channel partner vendor relationships to ensure access to technology resources at appropriate pricing levels.
- Negotiated Microsoft Enterprise and other corporate software agreements
- Identified and managed service partners to augment staff for technology implementations related to infrastructure solutions, including Microsoft, Citrix, and NetApp technologies.
- Planned and engineered the upgrade and expansion of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x to include a redundant Citrix NetScaler VPX, Provisioning Services and StoreFront systems.
- Upgraded an Exchange 2007 cluster solution to Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Migrated Microsoft Office Communicator solution to Microsoft Lync Server
- Implemented Vertias Enterprise Vault for email
- Selected and managed 4 McAfee SaaS Email Protection & Business Continuity, SaaS Endpoint Security and Web Protection technologies.
- Managed the migration of AirWatch EMM solution to Citrix XenMobile,
- Maintained technology resources implemented as Principal Systems Engineer.
Principal Systems Engineer
- Planned and engineered the migration of physical HP server systems to an environment that was 97% virtualized utilizing VMware vSphere.
- Coordinated the implementation and performed management of a NetApp filer solution, management software,SnapDrive and SnapManager for Exchange.
- Implemented Microsoft Exchange 2007 CCR cluster solution and migrated content from a Lotus Domino system.
- Constructed a Microsoft Office Communicator instant messaging solution
- Implemented and managed CommVault Simpana backup solution allowing for data recovery; configured email content archiving from Microsoft Exchange 2007.
- Implemented and administered Imprivata OneSign Single Sign-On solution, including biometrics, enabling network users to store and manage corporate application credentials.
- Administered Microsoft SQL server, ensuring optimal performance and data recovery.
- Assisted with the maintenance and administration of Cisco VoIP telephony and Unity Messaging solution.
- Administered and maintained Confidential Enterprise Server.
- Coordinated the installation and relocation of IT data and telephonic services for 18 remote ffices consisting of 5-50 individuals with varying technical requirements.
- Reviewed security standards and solutions.
- Coordinated and remediated systems vulnerability and penetration deficiencies to ensure compliance with auditable standards.
- Assisted with the migration of various Confidential Enterprise and Business-class (TLS/MPLS) circuits to Level3 MPLS solution.
- Implemented a Cisco wireless infrastructure at Headquarters location.
Confidential, Baltimore, Maryland
Network Operations Manager
- Championed the management and improvement of technical resources for the company.
- Managed network administration and desktop support teams at multiple locations.
- Identified, prioritized and directed resources related to technical projects.
- Managed budget as it relates to ongoing maintenance and technical projects.
- Managed relationships with hardware vendors and support providers.
- Provided operational support of the Network Administrator position below.
- Coordinated the conversion of a newly-acquired 5-office business to corporate systems.
- Planned and implemented clustered VMware ESX server solution.
- Implemented a corporate video conferencing solution using Polycom hardware and software.
- Managed the installation of UPS power systems.
Network Systems Administrator
- Managed 100 Windows 2000/2003 server systems using Dell and HP hardware.
- Served as the senior technical resource for the organization’s Baltimore headquarters.
- Supported data center in Tampa, Florida and WAN/data systems in 13 remote locations.
- Managed desktop support personnel and resources for Baltimore Office.
- Performed security testing and auditing for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Planned and implemented the consolidation of multiple Windows domains into a single Active Directory 2003 domain, to include the migration of Exchange 2000 to clustered 2003 systems.
- Planned and implemented the system replacement and upgrade of a Citrix farm.
- Planned and implemented Symantec Enterprise Vault e-mail archiving solution.
- Maintained Avaya Definity/Audix phone systems installed at all office locations.
- Managed Confidential Enterprise Server and SurfControl web management software.
- Relocated the primary data center from Clearwater to Tampa, Florida.
- Traveled to remote office locations throughout the United States.
Confidential, Frederick, Maryland
Server Systems Engineer
- Responsible for maintaining 120 Windows 2003/2000/NT server systems.
- Served as a primary technical resource for Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and SQL.
- Performed technical evaluations on all requests for proposals.
- Served as primary contact for Microsoft Enterprise and other application licensing.
- Established benchmarks and maintain system operation standards.
- Served as the senior resource for all server system related issues.
- Performed system and application audit/remediation for compliance with HIPAA requirements.
- Planned the implementation of an enterprise-wide SAN solution on Dell|EMC hardware, an enterprise-wide backup solution and Meditech processor upgrades to Windows 2000.
- Planned and executed a migration of a SQL 6.5 a clustered SQL 2000 solution.
- Planned and executed a migration of Exchange 5.5 to a clustered Exchange 2003 solution.
- Performed the technical implementation of a web development and management toolkit.
- Performed the technical implementation of Valco Data Systems Paperless Registration and Medical Records document scanning applications.
- Implemented e-mail filtering software.
- Implemented the upgrade of OptioFax network faxing solution for Meditech.
- Assisted with the implementation of Citrix Metaframe XP as a remote access system.
- Managed and supervised internal and external technical resources.
Computer Network Engineer
- Completed the technical evaluation of all proposed hardware and software solutions.
- Served as a technical resource for system implementation projects.
- Implemented a web-based reporting system using Crystal Enterprise.
- Developed and executed a conversion to a Windows 2000 server & desktop platform.
- Implemented a hospital-wide desktop management system using Symantec Ghost.
- Created standards for application packaging and deployment to desktop computer systems.
- Implemented McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator and related anti-virus products.
- Configured and deployed a wireless network infrastructure using Cisco Aironet devices.
- Implemented domain backup solution using Veritas BackupExec software.
Confidential, Emmitsburg, Maryland
Network Systems Administrator
- Upgraded and maintained a Novell NetWare 4.1x and Windows NT network.
- Planned a migration to Microsoft Windows 2000.
- Developed and maintained a remote site network in new Frederick, Maryland office.
- Implemented a backup solution consisting of Vinca StandbyServer and BackupExec.
- Assisted in the replacement and maintenance of the network infrastructure consisting of 3COM switches, AirConnect wireless, RAS 1500 and CoreBuilder 7000.
- Monitored network using HP OpenView, 3COM Transcend and Novell ManageWise.
- Created and maintained all network accounts (NetWare, NT & GroupWise).
- Configured and maintained a network printing solution consisting of HP JetDirect print servers.
- Created/updated seven PC computer labs with use of imaging/security software.
- Provided training and network and application support to faculty, administration, and staff.
- Recommend specifications for all new equipment purchases.
- Installed, upgraded and configured network and PC software and hardware.
- Developed and coordinated implementation of a residence hall network for approx.
- 1000 residential college students.