- Confidential - way radio division provided experience ranging from factory support to Object Oriented design and development.
- Confidential made it possible to grow in telecom (as opposed to cellular handset development) as well as to allow further growth in OO paradigm.
- Confidential gave the opportunity in the design & development in a new platform line, in 3rd party requirements, and in acquisitions (from a technical perspective).
- Oracle Retail gave the opportunity to see a very different problem space outside the cellular arena.
- I saw the impact of attempting to integrate disparate architectures & solutions into a common platform.
- Confidential allowed additional experience in one-degree separation from the cellular world with "micro-cell" products and Confidential in a zero-touch provisioning system.
- Confidential has offered a different consumer electronics experience, mainly, in the Confidential domain.
- In my time, here, my focus shifted to UI/UX and eventually to Software Product Management where my architectural background has been a strong benefit.
- OO Analysis and Design UML, Static / Dynamic Diagrams, Use Cases / Scenarios, Message Sequence Diagrams (a.k.a. MSCs), CRC
- Proficient/Familiar in the following Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Balsamiq, MS Office/Visio, Telelogic DOORS, Rational Rose, Rational Software Modeler / Architect, Telelogic Tau, FrameMaker, Rational ClearCase, CVS, ADE, JIRA, DDTs
- Presentation skills Architecture overviews, Lunch-n-Learns
- Other languages spoken Conversational Spanish
Software Product Manager
- Collaborate with marketing, partner management, design, development, and verification teams
- Verify architectural soundness of internal & 3 rd party software solution integration
- Create and maintain functional requirements docs for North American products
- Create processes for task and issue coordination between US and China
- Led & monitored analytics work for NA products
- Led discussions for Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) solution integration
- Manage 3 rd party software solution integration roadmap
- Lead technical portion of work-split discussions
- Design solutions for global products
- Change Request and Patent Review board
- Created customer support videos
- Created and maintained functional specs from product specs for " Confidential ", "Digital Life", and "GA" projects: Log server, Single Device Manager UI, Cisco Heartbeat Management Server UI, Upload server, Ops tools
- Craft the functional specifications for upcoming Agile sprints
- Develop initial UI screens / UX / wireframes
- Created Context, Logical, Integration models, Data pages, & Message Sequence Charts for suite of P&O application bundles (e.g. Fashion Planning Bundle, RDF, Integrated Inventory Planning Suite).
- Detailed data shared between apps in the created models.
- Documented application architectures
- Created processes by which to distribute artifacts (Visio's HTML publishing capabilities, internal Wiki pages, releases to Confidential ).
- Confirmed documentation quality and standards with India team
- Analyzed RPAS architecture documentation & architectural analysis using Confidential Dependency Structure Matrix (DSM) tool
- Evaluated currently available architecture CASE tools
Staff SW Engineer
- Led SW architectural activities for system audio both internal to Confidential as well as during off-site architectural discussions / negotiations.
- Decomposed the SW as well as HW (on TI OMAP) in the Multimedia Audio subsystem architecture to integrate both internal and acquired solutions
- Led gap analysis between the system delivered via Symbian/ Confidential S60 and internally & customer requirements as well as provided solutions to bridge these gaps
- Collalborated with HW architect on feasibility study of integrating secure audio chip solution into handset.
- Designed proprietary Multimedia Audio components for the 2nd gen Symbian /S60 phone
Senior SW Engineer
- Designed the Confidential component in the Confidential architecture tasked with routing audio throughout the system
- Designed the Confidential component in the Confidential architecture tasked with determining which audio would have precedence when contention arose
- Led 3rd party acquisitions from a technical perspective
- Identified & negotiated specific requirements for 3rd party acquisitions for audio & video (US & India) to be integrated into the Confidential Symbian/S60 phone.
- Identified gaps between the functionality of acquired components and the functionality required and provided solutions to resolve these gaps
- Designed & implemented the means by which audible tones would be generated
Senior SW Engineer
- Integrated all conditional compilation commands in order to make a "lite" version of the base product as well as designed an application specific to the "lite" version
- Led a 3-person team on the development of this application
- Completed software feasibility study for low-cost version of mid-tier TDMA cell phone.
- Participated in early architecture-based design and requirements management areas
Senior SW Engineer
- Given the task of designing and developing the Error Log sub-system in a completely OO environment. OO Patterns were used throughout the system.
- Both an app level interface to retrieve the error log data as well as a client level interface to log new errors.
- App level interface entailed the addition of proprietary Confidential TL1 commands to the Error Log object
- Design was done in Rational Rose with auto-code generation and the implementation was done in C++
Senior SW Engineer
- User Interaction Services (UIS) team
- Completed the OO design and development of the Status Manager based on a dialog-based specification
- Given the opportunity to re-design and re-develop the Status Manager in a more OO Patterns manner
- Design was done with Rational Rose using auto-code generation and the implementation was done in C++
- Verified the feasibility of our development environment as well as the C to C++ interface.
- Archimedes product team
- Worked toward a common software platform architecture for all future 2-way radio products using current OO Analysis and Design Methodologies (CRC, Scenarios, MSC, Use Cases)
- Currently in all iDEN phones as well as some other handsets.
- File and Record Management Services (FARMS) team
- Worked on power-up and recovery of persistent data as well as ported Intel's Flash Data Integrator (FDI) to an M»Core target
- Worked on the API for the hardware abstraction layer (HAL).
- Coordinate usage of MM lab resources among all other development and test teams
- Complete specified Mobility Management tests
- Create MM test plans for test cycles on iDEN SoCo Portable and Mobile, iDEN Pocket Phone, and iDEN 3:1 Mobile
- Report progress of MM test effort on a per day basis for all MM testers
- Interface with Schaumburg developers and testers
- Assume responsibility for the upkeep of the MM lab, in general
- Worked on both RSS (code changes, etc.) and MOL for HT/JT1000/Visar products