- Quickly adapt to changing requirements, circumstances, languages, and frameworks.
- Continual self improvement through research, training, and education.
Linux: CentOS5 - 6, Ubuntu11+;
Windows: 8, 7, XP, design, setup, install, configure, manage
Networking: design, configuration, implementation
Apache: configuration; Postfix configuration, failover, HA;
Salt: automation and configuration;
Python: Django, Mezzanine, Flask; SQL PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MySQL, SQLite;
PHP: CodeIgniter, React;
Salaried Profesional, Consultant
- Solved networking issues for client.
- Within days, he was contributing to the new contract; accepting and parsing an incoming file, inserting client data into and modifying MySQL databases, helping to redefine the internal data structures to be more efficient and extendable, and creating an output file that was digestible by the client's system.
- Used Kanban to plan, track and report progress.
- Prepared customer to move to the newest version of their Project and Simulation Life cycle Management (SLM/PLM) software.
- Converted simulations to the new version while checking features and reporting bugs.
- Rewrote configuration Uls using the PySide bindings for Qt to take advantage of new features.
Full Stack Software Engineer
- Built out and maintained lab server infrastructure, including: server installation, networking, OS installation, managing Vsphere, and software deployment.
- Designed, setup, and managed PostgreSQL clusters using repmgr.
- On-call second tier customer support, and first line product support.
- Email Control and Reporting System: An application system utilizing Python and PostgreSQL to automatically route marketing emails based on variable rule sets and message headers.
- The system tracks each message to determine delivery status and report successes and bounces.
- The system generates reports based on the outcomes, and displays reports and allows dynamic configuration in a PHP and jQuery based user interface utilizing Salt for remote system build and control.
- Working on call to mitigate any downtime, and finding and patching failure points lead to >97% reliability and accuracy.
- This system replaced an existing Lyris system, and was being ramped up to handle 5+ million messages /day on average.
- Change Tracking Application: Designed around an existing manual process, this web-based application uses jQuery in front of PHP to streamline the current procedures and allows single location access the add, modify, view, review, approve, and track the execution and history of a change to the QA or Production environments.
- Maintained and upgraded legacy PERL application with no documentation and no help, while learning PERL.
- Utilizing Confidential Contractor services website, bid on work after securing contract, scheduled with customer and completed work.
- Had reputation as go-to contractor, when others failed, Confidential would contract us to satisfy customer desire.