Accomplished Telecommunications Professional with extensive experience in WAN and LAN technologies. I have 20 plus years of Telecommunications experience derived from the military and private sectors. Expert experience collaborating with internal and external customers, vendors, and carriers with all aspects of installation, maintenance and support of voice and data technologies. Extensive experience in root cause analysis for service restoration. The level of experience and skills achieve was obtain during various positions held in the telecommunications industry as a NOC Engineer operating the DACS and test and turn-up of DS1, DS3, OC3 etc. Field Engineer installation and maintenance of customer premise equipment. Data Center Engineer collocation facility connecting companies with local service providers and regional carriers with nationwide network access.
2010-Present Confidential Atlanta, GAData Center Engineer
- Fast paced 76,000 sq.ft. collocation data center facility
- Extensive experience working with various networking hardware such as multiplexers, router and switches
- Perform remote hands services for customers troubleshoot network outages and work with carriers and vendors to restore services
- Install test and turn-up of various Telco technologies Ethernet, DS1, DS2, OCX etc
- Supports operations and maintenance tasks for customer projects
- Directly participate in Data Center expansions and decommissioning
- Proficient with various test equipment T-berd, JDSU etc.
1998–2010 Confidential Atlanta, GA
Network Engineer II
- Responsible for testing of network elements and customer premise equipment
- Troubleshoot customer request assist customers with system configuration verification of network design
- Maintain open tickets that track customer request and detail all communications and troubleshooting taken
- Responsible for network connections of DSO,DS1,Fractional DS1 and DS3 to the network and customer premise utilizing the DACS
- Dispatch Telco, vendors and field engineers to customer premise to restore network outages and/or installation issues
- Worked in a fast past Network Operation Center that is a 24X7X365 environment and also performs on call duties.
Field Engineer Sr.
- Responsible of resolving all network installation and maintenance issues at the customer premise.
- Install Cisco routers and switches, perform configuration of routers and upgrade IOS on models 18xx, 38xx, 28xx, 29xx and 8xx.
- Resolve issues with Vendors, customers and carrires Troubleshoot DS1,DS3,OC3,OC12
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of all CPE voice and data equipment.
- Perform site surveys for capacity planning and equipment allocation
- Basic knowledge of various routing protocols BGP,OSPF and RIP
- Working knowledge of various wan protocols MPLS, FRAME RELAY,ISDN and ATM...
- Working knowledge of various test equipment Internet Advisor, T-berd 107a, 209,224 and sage.
1997–1998 Confidential Atlanta, GA
- Installed and maintained CSU/DSU, Channel Banks and intelligent multiplexers.
- In depth knowledge of DSO, DS1, DS3.
- Received trouble tickets and perform on-cal duties in efforts to restore customer’s networks in a timely manner.
- Install and maintain ISDN-PRI, Frame Relay, 56/64k and Fractional T-1 circuits.
- Provide technical support for customers before and after transition from current carrier to MCI.
- Responsible for all locals MCI collocates and point of present (POP) sites.
- Functional Knowledge of varies test equipment such as T-Berd 107a, 209, 211, and 224 Fireberd 500 protocol analyzer and Fireberd 6000 communication analyzer.
1995–1997 Confidential. Atlanta, GA
- Install and test T1 MUXS that allow GA Dept. of Transportation too effectively communicate with all field devices and five metro counties.
- Responsible for the installation and operation of GDOT fiber optic Video mixing equipment such as Transmitters, Receivers, Encoders, & Decoders which allowed GDOT to visually monitor Federal, State and local highways in a remote location.
- Experience with single and multimode fiber and test equipment such as OTDR, Optical Power Meter, and Light Source.
- Install and maintain fiber optic video transmitters, receiver and decoders linking Marta to monitor Federal, State, and Local highways.
1991–1995 Confidential Norfolk, VA
- Install and maintain AM & FM Wide Band Voice Systems.
- Maintained all Satellite voice and data systems.
- Install and maintain ship CRYPTOGRAPHIC SECURE voice and data system.
- Install and maintain ship to shore RF communication while out to sea.
- Assisted in trouble shooting and restoration of critical voice and data circuits.
- Possesses a Top Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Naval Telecommunication Institution