Highly skilled Installation / Release Engineer and Source Code Administrator with experience in all aspects of Source Code Management. Very experienced with Rational Team Concert, ClearCase (Base, UCM, and Multi-Site), and AccuRev. Proficient with InstallShield (InstallScript and MSI, versions 6 through 2008). Proven track record in completing deliverables on time and accurately. Very flexible in fast paced, changing environments. Excellent communication and organizational skills. A highly motivated individual contributor with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Skilled in all aspects of Release Engineering from analysis and design through development, implementation, and documentation.TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES
Software: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & Outlook), MS Project
Platforms: Microsoft Windows XP/2000/Vista, Linux, Solaris
Languages: Perl, C, UNIX Shells, Java, C++, HTML, XML, WSH
Database Management: Oracle, SQL Server 2000 and 2005†
Systems/Networking:†Windows 2000/XP, Solaris 8, Linux (Red Hat Enterprise 4), Samba, VMWare 6.0, Virtual Server
Build and Release Tools:†InstallShield (InstallScript and Basic MSI, versions 6 through 2009), make, clearmake, ant, MS Visual Studio 6, MS Visual Studio 2005 and 2008, Cygwin, MKS Toolkit, Cruise Control, MSBuild, TeamBuild
CM tools:†IBM Rational Team Concert,IBM Rational ClearCase UCM for Solaris/Linux and Windows, AccuRev, ClearQuest, DevTrack, JIRA, ClearCase MultiSite, Rational Suite Enterprise, CVS. Team Foundation Server
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL 11/2009 – Present†Software Release Engineer
- Part of a team that reduced percentage of errors seen after a product release from 15% to less than 5%
- Run Staged and Nightly builds for several projects. Work with developers to resolve build errors.
- Perform Rational Team Concert administrative duties in support of several development teams in several locations. Responsible for training users of Rational Team Concert.
- Set up build environments using MSBuild for Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 projects.
- Responsible for the release of several Medical Billing products to huge customer base in a dynamic, zero defect environment. This involves coordination across several teams of developers and QA testers.
- Assist developers in the use of Rational Team Concert. Troubleshoot issues seen with the use of the product.
- Ran Staged and Nightly builds for several projects using perl scripts. Worked with developers to resolve build errors.
- Performed ClearCase administrative duties in support of two development teams.
- Performed merges of source code and create new branches for various development projects.
- Set up build environments for MS Build for Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 projects.
- Developed Basic MSI and MSI InstallScript install programs using InstallShield (8 thru 2009). Familiar with Merge Modules, Custom Actions, and SQL scripting in InstallShield. Created install kits for product patches and hot fixes.
- Helped set up a server that has 8 VMWare Virtual Machines on it. This eliminated the need for purchasing 5 other servers and the need to budget for new workstations.
- Member of team that implemented and supported Team Foundation Server for the company.
- Ran Staged and Nightly builds for several projects using ant scripts. Work with developers to resolve build errors and performed smoke tests of builds prior to release to SQA.
- Implemented AccuRev source code management tool to replace ClearCase within a tight time frame with no downtime for developers. Perform front line support for AccuRev users in the Andover facility.
- Implemented, maintained, and automated build scripts using ant and XML. Document build and release procedures for 4 products.
- Developed MSI and MSI InstallScript installs using InstallShield (8 thru 2008) some of which include embedded C++ programs.
- Cut costs by setting up 5 Virtual Machines on one workstation using VMware. This eliminated the need for 5 other workstations and the need to budget for new workstations.
- Worked directly with several clients to determine source code needs before and after conversion. This involved investigating current directory structure and recommending new directory structure as appropriate for each client.
- Migrated non-ClearCase source code (i.e., Visual Source Safe, CVS, etc…), to new UCM Component VOBs.
- Enabled ClearCase/ClearQuest integration for new UCM Projects.
Confidential., Nashua, NH and Andover, MA 2002 – 2004
Software Configuration Engineer
- Performed scheduled and on-demand software product builds for engineering, QA and other internal organizations using MS-DOS batch files, ant and XML. Created various media for use by Quality Assurance and external customers. Worked with developers to resolve build problems and performed smoke tests of builds prior to release to SQA. Improved productivity by automating the Nightly Build process for several development teams.
- Administered Rational Suite Enterprise (Rose, Purify, RequisitePro, PureCoverage)
- Performed UNIX and Windows administration in support of my business unit.
- Managed ECO process for Business Unit.
- Planned and carried out migration of ClearCase VOBs from Windows 2000 server to Solaris server, with minimal downtime for users (using ClearCase MultiSite). This improved ClearCase performance and enhanced data integrity of the source code.
- Improved productivity by identifying and resolving a problem that involved corrupted derived objects which were stopping builds run by developers. The resolution allowed builds for developers to run to completion.
- Created and implemented ClearCase policy and procedures as part of ISO 9000.
- Performed UNIX and NT administration in support of my business unit.
- Developed, implemented, and maintained build scripts that were written in Perl.
- Performed ClearCase administrative duties in support of my department.
- Created various media for use by Quality Assurance and external customers.
- Created and maintained Release Engineering web site.
- Used ClearCase and UNIX in a telecom software environment.
- Developed and executed formal test procedures for testing of voice mail applications.
- Ran project level builds for multiple development teams in the Andover Development Center.
- Developed, updated, and maintained scripts that were written in Perl and C shell scripting language.
- Created and maintained Release Engineering web site which allowed for “on-demand” builds by developers.
Worked on the software development test team for the AFMSS (Air Force Mission Support System) in the Information Systems Division. Worked in SEI Level 3, CMM, and various Mil Standards environment.
- Installed and tested software builds in the AFMSS Integration Lab.
- Developed and executed formal test procedures for CSCI testing.
- Wrote test scripts using C shell scripting language.
- Presented formal CSCI Test Witness Debriefing for CSCI to customer (USAF).
Bachelor of Science, Information Systems†
Rational University (ClearCase training): ClearCase Administrator level.
InstallShield 11.5 MSI Certification from Macrovision.