- Extensive experience with UNIX/Linux/VMware and SAN storage.
- Good with Windows and networking.
- Strong technical and people skills.
- Seeking a job in San Diego area or can telecommute.
5/07-9/12 Confidential, Waltham, MA (Worked Remotely From San Diego since 2010)Confidential, is a leading analytics provider for the healthcare industry.
Lead System Administrator
- In charge of Marlborough datacenter infrastructure supporting data warehousing operations.
- Managed 10 IBM P-series enterprise frames up to 32 CPUs per frame. Frames were partitioned to 20 LPAR servers all running IBM AIX.
- Administrated 10 Redhat Linux servers on HP C-series blades and VMware.
- Managed 2 EMC Symmetrix/DMX and 5 EMC Clariion storage systems with 350 TB of total space, and 6 Brocade SAN switches.
- Managed Netbackup system with 10 media servers on fibre and set up Oracle RMAN backup /restore procedures.
- System automation and performance monitoring using ECC, SNIPS and shell scripts.
- Oracle/ASM performance trouble-shooting and operating system tuning.
- Assigned UNIX tasks and mentored junior staff.
1/07-5/07 Confidential, Burlington, MA
Confidential, Securities Processing provides real-time, Web-enabled clearance and settlement, accounting, reporting and operations workflow solutions for broker/dealers and banks.
Senior UNIX System Administrator
- Support enterprise Solaris, HPUX and AIX servers running mission-critical financial market applications.
- Heavy performance trouble-shooting and system tuning for Oracle, Mysql and WebLogic.
- Built new VMware ESX/Solaris X86 production platform.
- Daily UNIX operations and monitoring.
- Lead role in UNIX infrastructure architecting and HA, DR solution planning.
- Mentoring junior UNIX staff.
5/01-1/07 Confidential, Boston, MA
Confidential, provides peril modeling and data services to the top insurance companies in the world.
Senior System Administrator/UNIX Lead
- Lead role in designing, building and managing corporate UNIX infrastructure that includes,
- Production Oracle RAC servers and database development servers running RedHat Enterprise Linux on 64-bit Itanium hardware.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) Linux cluster with over 100 CPUs.
- Research UNIX farm made of IRIX, Solaris and Linux servers with NAS storage.
- Built and managed 30-node Windows 2003 and 2000 shared server farm with Symantec Ghost and ActiveBatch.
- Hands-on administration of Brocade, DotHill, EMC and Promise fibre SAN and Netapp NAS server.
- Set up and monitor SurfControl anti-spam mail proxies.
- Take part in network building, monitoring and trouble-shooting using MRTG, NetIQ, tcpdump, Network Observer, EtherReal, HostMon on Cisco, F5, NetScreen, Resilience, SmoothWall, and Net Continuum switches, firewalls and VPN devices.
- Assist with Windows production, Active Directory and XP desktop administration.
4/99-4/01 Confidential, Westborough, MA
Confidential, is a SAN equipment company, now part of Brocade Corporation.
- As the only system administrator, provided IS/IT support to 30 staff members at company's MA development center.
- Performed day-to-day system administration on over 100 UNIX servers and workstations, which include Sun, Linux, HP, Digital, IBM, SCO and SGI machines.
- Managed DNS, DHCP, Legato & Amanda backups, Network Appliance file server and SAMBA.
- Provided desktop PC hardware and OS support for all the staffs. .
- Extensive CGI scripting with shell scripts and PERL.
3/97-3/99 Confidential, Norwood, MA
Company provides turnkey calling card solutions to major telephony companies.
UNIX System Administrator
- Managed UNIX infrastructure for the software development and testing team.
- Monitored system performance, trouble-shoot problems and tuned kernel parameters.
- Managed TCP/IP Ethernet local network. Setup NIS and NFS on all servers.
- Server OSes include AIX 3, AIX 4, Solaris 2, HPUX 9/10 and SCO UNIX.
- Configured telephony resources of the development environment.
5/95-2/97 Confidential, Lexington, MA
Company develops UNIX software engineering tools.
- Mainly responsible for Solaris, Sun OS, HPUX and Windows NT system administration, network administration and custom installation of the company products.
- Worked on Clearcase and daily software build as a member of the integration team.
6/94-1/95 Confidential, Boston, MA
Internship Software Engineer
- Single-handedly implemented a DSP (Digital Signal Processor) embedded image-processing application, which uses real-time machine vision techniques.
- Used Borland C++ for Windows, C for TI DSP and DSP assembly.
- Improved the performance 60 times comparing to the previous non-embedded solution.
Master of Science, Electrical Engineering
Courses focused on computer system engineering, networking, and software engineering.
Master of Science, Physics
Bachelor of Science, Physics
Languages: English, Chinese, Mandarin
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes