Highlights of Experience
J2EE App Servers: BEA Weblogic 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, Websphere 6.x, Websphere MQ 6.x, JBoss 4.x, Coldfusion.
J2EE Technologies: JDK 1.3/1.4/1.5, JDBC, JTA, JMS, EJB, RMI, SERVLETS, JSP, JNDI.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 8/10, Windows 2000/2003.
Web Servers: SunOne/IPlanet WebServer 4.0/6.1, Apache, IIS 5.0.
Directory Server: LDAP 6.1.
Scripting: WLST, Perl, sh, and bash.
BEA Weblogic Server 8.1: System Administration
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Confidential, SEP 2005 – PRESENT
Sr. Systems Administrator
Environment: UNIX, Windows Server, Solaris 8/10, Weblogic 7.0 SP5/SP6, 8.1 SP5/SP6, 9.2 MP1, Websphere 6.x,, Websphere MQ 6.x JBoss 4.0.4, Coldfusion, iPlanet 4.0/6.1, SunOne Directory Server 6.1, Verity Ultraseek 5.3/5.6/5.7, Netegrity Siteminder 5.5, BMC Patrol 3.5.60, Documentum.
Experience supporting and administrating web servers, app servers, and Solaris 8 and 10 Operating System.
Spearheaded Weblogic 9.2 Migration Project for 42 business applications. Proposed the architecture of domain consolidation reducing the number of servers and thereby reducing administrative overhead and licensing cost.
Experience with Installing, Configuring, Upgrading, Troubleshooting and Maintaining of Weblogic Servers 7.x/8.x/9.x on Sun Solaris Server. Installing weblogic instances, and creating domain and Clusters. Configuring JDBC connection pools, and managing security realms.
Experience with installing managing, and supporting Websphere application servers.
Experience in managing day-today operations on Websphere MQ servers.
Experience with python, shell scripting, and WLST to automate day-to-day tasks.
Experience with JVM/OS and weblogic server level performance tuning.
Experience with setting up Nodemanager on Weblogic Servers for crash recovery of weblogic instances, and to provide remote shutdown/startup ability.
Experience with setting up external LDAP Authenticator in the Weblogic domain providing accountability of application server administration.
Worked with Project managers and Application teams to understand project requirements and recommend architectural solutions.
Lead the knowledge transfer team to train offshore Level-1 and Level-2 support as a part of “Separation of Duties” project.
Designed UNIX File-system access to comply with CIS standards and co-coordinated the change with UNIX/NT/Performance/DBA/Application teams for smooth transition of application server from Weblogic 7.0 sp6 to Weblogic 9.2.x.
Consolidated iPlanet Webserver URL’s to increase the efficiency of the Web instances.
Performing Production Deployment tasks: Deployed Web Services, Web Applications, Enterprise beans, Client Applications and Enterprise Applications. Setting up the Deployment targets – Weblogic Server Instances and Clusters.
Experience with Creating/Configuring and performance tuning the WebLogic connection pools to Oracle/Sybase Database.
Setting performance threshold Monitor applications on BMC Patrol.
Configuring Sun one iplanet 6.1 Web server, Installing, configuring, and managing applications. Generating CSR requests and installing certificates to support SSL for secured logins.
Installing Webserver proxy for Weblogic and Siteminder.
Install and configure Netegrity SiteMinder 5.5 policy server and agents on Sun Solaris and Windows platforms.
Managing users, groups and access rights on Sun One LDAP Directory Server 6.1. Converting groups and users from NT to LDAP only. Syncing users from Active Directory (AD) to LDAP.
Experience with Verity Ultraseek search engine, version 5.3/5.6/5.7 + SSL, importing configuration files, setting up mirroring with the remote server. Managing administration console, to tune the parameters to improve the search capability.
Confidential, MAR 2005 – SEP 2005
Environment: UNIX, Windows Server, Solaris 8, Weblogic 7.0 SP5, iPlanet 6.1, SunOne Directory Server 6.1, Netegrity Siteminder 5.5.
Installing, Configuring, Upgrading, Troubleshooting and Maintaining of Weblogic Servers 7.0 on Sun Solaris Server. Installing weblogic instances, and creating domain and Clusters. Configuring JDBC connection pools, and managing security realms.
Configuring Sun one iplanet 6.1 Web server, Installing, configuring, and managing applications. Installing proxies for Weblogic and Siteminder.
Creating agent configuration objects on Netegrity Siteminder 5.5, creating agents, agent groups, and providing authentication schemes to secure applications.
Managing users, groups and access rights on Sun One LDAP Directory Server 6.1.
UNIX Solaris 2.8 Administration.
Confidential,JULY 2003 – DEC 2004
Network Administrator/Software Developer
Environment: MATLAB, Windows 2000.
- MATLAB Developer for Digital Signal Processing Projects.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the operating system problems.
- Responsible for installing and updating Solaris machines with patches.
- Shell scripts for the automation of routine jobs.
- Configured file system automated backups.
- Strong experience in setting up user and group id’s, network configuration, resolving permission issues.
- Responsible for adding and maintaining users, groups and setup their home directories and appropriate access restrictions to software and directories and files using access modes.
- Diagnosed and rectify PC based hardware at component level.
- Plan, Design and Implement Windows NT Networks.
- Customize the network environment with User Profiles etc.
- Creation of new domains, user accounts and groups, roaming and mandatory profiles and usage of Remote Access Services (RAS) for wide area integration, etc.
Confidential,JULY 2001 – JULY 2002
AIR INDIA: Software Developer
- Gained valuable experience contributing to the “Access Control Security System Using Punched Card” project as an intern in the ISO 9002-certified Engineering Department of India’s premier airline.
- Supported the development team during unit testing, review documentation and reporting.
- Successfully designed and implemented software utilizing C Programming.
Master of Business Administration
Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronics