Gintaras has over ten years of experience in the Information Systems Industry. His technical expertise includes Novell Netware administration tools, ZENworks, NDS Manger, Wise for Windows Installer, Orca, Wise Package Studio, InstallShield, AdminStudio, SMS, SCCM, software and OS deployment, Active Directory, Group Policy, and Windows Operating Systems and Servers. He has excellent communication skills, both oral, and written.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows« 95/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008, Novell Netware 4/5
Ancillary Skills: Networking: TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, DHCP, Ethernet, Token Ring, VPN, Wireless
Infrastructure Software: Wise Package Studio, InstallShield AdminStudio Professional, Orca, Zenworks, VMware Workstation/ESXi, SQL Server 2005, SMS, SCCM 2007, App-V, Backup Exec, Citrix Metaframe Server, XenApp, XenDesktop, Windows Terminal Services, Windows Active Directory, Lotus Notes, Exchange, Outlook, Microsoft Office System
03/2011 - 10/2011 Confidential, Merrillville, IN
Title: Systems Administrator
- Worked with Windows 2003/2008, Active Directory, Group Policy, Citrix, SCCM 2007, and VMware.
- Worked with other teams to add SAN Storage, and troubleshoot DNS issues in an Active Directory Environment.
- Performed on-call after hour's support of business critical servers, while working with warrantee providers for hardware replacement.
- Performed patching, clustering, scripting, and change management scheduling.
12/2007 - 03/2011 Confidential
Title: Team Lead, Technical Specialist - Permanent
- Performed work as a team lead in the development of company standards for enterprise application management and distribution.
- Business applications were packaged with Wise Package Studio and Installshield AdminStudio, and deployed to user workstations via ZENworks and SCCM 2007, as well as published applications in a Citrix environment. Evaluation of other software technologies including XENApp and Microsoft App-V.
- Accomplishments include suggesting and implementing ways to better organize and manage the function of application management, including naming standards, directory structure standards, best practices, and MSI standardization and migration, and training co-workers on building images for and using VMWare for desktop deployments as well as Windows servers in a dev environment.
- Worked closely with the OS build team to collaborate on enterprise build engineering.
- Setup a pool of development workstations on bare metal ESXi server.
5/2008 - Present Confidential
Title: System/Network Engineer - (Part Time Project)
- Consulted with business owner to streamline his business, build out Windows and SQL Server, implement DHCP and Active Directory, setup user and workstation accounts, and administer network printing for all clients and special bar code devices.
- Completely built the infrastructure, servers, and backend communications from the ground up and provide ongoing maintenance and support.
10/2007 - 12/2007 Confidential
Title: Desktop Administrator - Short Term Contract
- Packaged business and core applications with Installshield and prepared them for deployment via Active Directory group policy and SMS.
- Daily operations include discussing requests and recommend software to business partners, and daily support for distributed applications.
- Administered and maintained SMS and Windows servers at 3 sites.
- Major accomplishments include developing and executing a staged roll-out plan to upgrade approximately 650 workstations to Windows XP Service Pack 2 via SMS in the course of a single week.
4/2007 - 10/2007 Confidential
Title: SME, System Analyst - Contractor
- Worked as a Subject Matter Expert in the field of MSI application packaging, being available to answer questions and to help employees transition into MSI packaging.
- Developed and presented training materials for employees.
- Used Installshield AdminStudio and Microsoft Orca, worked closely with product owners to convert and package applications into MSI format based on specific requirements and customizations.
- Leveraged VMWare ESX server to build, configure, and maintain testing and packaging environments. Heavy use of VB Script for custom actions that are not native to MSI functionality.
11/2002 - 4/2007 Confidential
Title: LAN Engineer - Permanent
- Worked in a team environment to transform a legacy multiple-tree enterprise NDS environment into a single-tree enterprise eDirectory structure.
- Primary responsibilities include converting scripted applications in the legacy Netware 4 environment as well as vendor-supplied installations, deploying them to the Netware 6 environment, and supporting them each step of the way; Support includes troubleshooting application failures at every level, including login script errors, user, file, container, and site level rights issues.
- Worked closely with site administrators and users, remote controlling workstations, and exposing, documenting, and remedying early issues in the conversion process.
- Successfully developed, tested, and implemented standards for the new environment including directory structure standards, workstation policies, workstation management, and documentation standards.
- Team lead and primary contact of knowledge to all heritage Bank One Application Integration employees for the packaging and staging of heritage JPMC applications.
- Applications were packaged and updated using tools such as Wise for Windows Installer, Wise Package Studio, InstallShield AdminStudio, Orca, and deployed via SMS and ZENworks.
8/2002 - 11/2002 Confidential, Merrillville, IN
Title: Novell Administrator
- Supported users of business critical systems for R.R. Donnelley Corp.
- Remotely installed software, printers, and troubleshoot software issues.
- Managed user Novell Netware accounts.
6/2000 - 8/2002 Confidential, Skokie, IL
Title: Network Administrator - Permanent
- Managed daily PC installation and set-up and supported over 1,000 users and 10 Netware and Windows servers.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting many diverse problems, from PC's to servers via phone and in-person.
- Developed and implemented procedures for Netware server management and maintenance.
- Initiated and monitored Netware 4.11 and 5.0 installation and configuration.
- Detailed understanding of Windows 2000 Server operations including User Manager, Computer Management, Server Manager, Active Directory Administration, login scripting, backup and recovery. Responsible for network printer configurations.
- Performed server crash recovery operations.
- Participated in Network migration from Novell to Windows 2000, including Active Directory design and administration.
- Recovered a full Novell server crash over a weekend, including building a new server, and restoring data and NDS from tape.
11/1998 - 6/2000 Confidential, Hammond, IN
Title: Novell Administrator/Lab Administrator - Permanent
- Was responsible for the build and maintenance of the operating system and specialized software for 30 individual campus labs, with over 700 workstations.
- Installed and maintained Novell NetWare servers, Windows NT servers, and workstations.
- Handled and solved 2-15 call tickets per day.
- Installed networked and server-based applications for end-users.
- Coordinated University network printing via Intel Netports, HPJetDirect printers and print devices.
- Maintained shared workstations for over 10,000 users.
- Introduced ZENworks to management and implemented it system-wide to roll out applications and to take advantage of other ZENworks features including Remote Management and Policies.
- Developed strategy to deploy GroupWise to replace Lotus CC:mail using ZENworks.
- Installed Novell Netware 5 servers on Xiotech SAN.
- Engaged in role of client advisor and trouble-shooter.
- Investigated new cost-effective lab imaging software and resources, and implemented solutions for workstation security.
- Responsible for the nightly running UNIX scripts, backup routines for Novell, NT, UNIX, and web servers.
- Managed nightly high volume print jobs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems and Networking
Extensive experience in designing and implementing procedures for network OS server management and maintenance. Seasoned professional in the field of Desktop and Application Management, including application packaging, deployment, workstation policy management, and troubleshooting.