Senior IT manager with over 12 years of management experience leading IT organizations in support of business strategies and objectives. Results oriented, client focused, process driven, cost-conscious technology manager with proven success in the creation and management of effective teams. Significant experience managing change and realizing efficiency as a result of mergers and downsizing. Extensive exposure and comfort interacting with all management levels within an organization and with managing distributed teams. Proponent of standards-based computing and process-driven IT, with a comprehensive background in managing multiple complex projects, establishing priorities, and leveraging technology to meet both tactical and strategic business needs. Demonstrated ability to manage large-scale projects with strong leadership, decision making, planning, and communications skills. Proven experience in negotiating and managing large-scale vendor agreements. Proficient in all major technologies.
Confidential, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Vice President Infrastructure & Operations September 2010 to Present
Oversee all aspects of Infrastructure & Operations including: Voice and Data Communications, Systems, Data Centers, ERP Systems, Messaging, End User Support, Service Desk, Change & Release management, and Database. Focus on enterprise growth and maturity through implementation of technology and governing process.
- Turned around failing data center migration project and delivered on time and budget. Migrated primary data center to new facility and platforms with minimal business disruption;
- Architected and implemented shared North America systems in support of company Shared Services initiative;
- Introduced Service Management concepts and processes for the management of infrastructure systems and processes, including formalizing Incident, Problem, Change, and Release Management;
- Introduced metrics and reporting to drive visibility and quality improvement;
- Implementing standard processes for creation of a Shared Services function across North America for all group companies, including process, staffing, management, chargeback, and technology architecture models
- Reduced complexity by eliminating redundant systems and introducing enterprise-class technologies and processes
- Reduced overhead and increased availability by investing in systems and people holistically
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Deputy Chief Information Officer February 2008 to May 2010
Responsible for Infrastructure and Operations while continuing to function as CISO. Position created as a result of need to rebuild infrastructure to meet City needs and implement proper process and controls. Oversee all aspects of Infrastructure including: Voice and Data Communications, Systems, Data Centers, ERP Systems, Messaging, End User Support, Service Desk, and Risk Management. Tasked with streamlining current environment to introduce process control and increase efficiency.
- Identified $1.5M in savings through contract audits;
- Reorganized management team to align with business goals;
- Implemented technical and process improvements within environment to reduce management overhead;
- Drove the creation of an ITIL Service Catalog as basis for an operational framework;
- Increasing availability by implementing proper support levels and mitigating risk related with older systems and platforms;
- Implementing process improvement to establish defined service levels, including creation of formal SLA process;
- Managing through CIO change and significant budget crisis in City;
- Driving consolidation of 52 IT divisions into a centralized enterprise function
Confidential, Horsham, PA
Director, North America November 2002 to December 2006
- Managed several acquisitions integrating multiple heterogeneous computing environments into one standards-based environment saving over $5MM annually, including the merging of all IT Operations functions during the recent merger of TNS and NFO;
- Successfully created a single IT Operations team across North America while maintaining morale and limiting turnover. Resulting team is stronger and more efficient;
- Achieved or exceeded all required staffing reduction levels without impacting service levels;
- Migrated several discrete networks to a single, carrier-managed solution using MPLS across North America which resulted in over 25% annual savings, increased network capacity, and increased availability;
- Centralized multiple helpdesk functions into one and off-shored helpdesk to company facility in India. Effort resulted in increased coverage, improved service levels, and reduced labor costs;
- Handle all client information security audits for North America encompassing access controls, data security and privacy, on-site audits, code reviews and physical security. Worked with banking, health care, technology, automotive, etc.
- Leading effort to consolidate and reduce data center footprint across North America and move to single solution with increased stability and service levels.
- Assessed spending across all IT functions and implemented ways to reduce spending, both short and long term. Reduced costs 13% in the first 6-months and over 20% in the subsequent 12-months;
- Responsible for Disaster Recovery planning and implementing proper process and controls to insure uninterrupted operation of all systems and supporting business processes.
- Implemented change management processes, which increased communication and significantly reduced unplanned downtime;
- Manage implementation of corporate security policy and insure compliance and effectiveness of plan. This includes creation of action plans, communication, configuration management, and event handling;
- Manage multiple complex projects designed to increase the efficiency of IT Operations and align IT more tightly with the business. Projects include executive level summaries and presentations to board-level executives for approval.
- Managed operational aspects of corporate Oracle Financials implementation.
Confidential, Wayne, PA
Director, Information Technology, February 2002 to October 2002
- Achieved all realignment milestones, including transformation into functional organization;
- Developed and implemented business plan for headcount justification in region. Achieved the required 65% reduction in headcount within 6 months;
- Created and implemented transition plan for elimination of all functions in Region, including this position.
Director, Information Technology, Philadelphia Market October 1999 to February 2002
- Reduced 2000 Operating budget by 50%, totaling more than $9MM in savings annually;
- Successfully led the effort to integrate the SBC Wireless network with BellSouth Mobility to form Cingular Wireless;
- Managed through 50% attrition due to merger;
- Implemented all major systems and processes to enable the opening of over 40 new retail locations within budget and schedule requirements;
- Managed the Year 2000 project and developed comprehensive business processes;
- Initiated and implemented process to establish and maintain IT standards nationally across the Field Operations organization;
- Negotiated multiple vendor agreements, including $2MM PBX Maintenance, carrier contracts, and various software & hardware support contracts.
Director, IT Network Services January 1999 to October 1999
- Eliminated Novell Netware and standardized on Microsoft Windows NT as a common OS platform for all systems, decreasing administrative and maintenance costs while improving efficiency;
- Implemented automated monitoring of all systems and initiated 24x7 coverage of network and systems to increase availability, improve service levels and bettersupport the business;
- Implemented vendor managed ATM network solution for connectivity of remote retail sales offices. Network connected over 35 locations across 3 state region;
- Negotiated $5MM Microsoft Select agreement that resulted in over $4MM savings for company.
Senior Network Manager, Network Administration May 1997 to January 1999
- Created standards for the hardware and software in the environment;
- Implemented automated processes for the creation of servers and workstations; reducing server build time by over 300%, and workstation build time by over 500%;
- Developed monitoring and maintenance procedures to proactively detect and repair problems. Dramatically improved availability and stability of monitored environments.
EDUCATION : B. S., Physics