- 7+ Years' experience in System Administration/Implementation of Networks and Application Packaging/Virtualization on Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, and Windows XP Professional/Windows Vista/Windows 7
- Good experience in XP/Win 7 Packaging using WISE package studio3.x/5.x/6.x/7.0
- Install Shield Admin Studio 10.0/11.0
- Good Experience in automating the applications for software distribution using SMS Installer, SCCM 2007/2012, Specops Deploy, Installshield AdminStudio, Citrix, Group Policy
- Experience in Installing, Configuring and Maintaining SMS 2003/SCCM 2007/2012
- Extensive experience in deploying clients, Managing Software Packages, Software distribution and software metering in an SCCM 2007/2012 environment
- Experience in Microsoft Application Virtualization(APP-V) 4.5
- Experience in deploying application through Citrix Xenapp 5 including Application Streaming Process, Application Delivery Criteria and User Profiles
- Good Experience with Win Installer and Debugging Tools like File-Mon, Reg-Mon and IN-Control
- Exposure in MSI and working with various applications for software packaging
- Worked on various unattended install methods like silent install using Install shield
- Worked Extensively on Custom Actions
- Used VB Scripts to customize the applications
- Good Experience with different tools like ORCA and Setup Quality Tool
- Familiar with debugging tools like Orca, FILEMON, REGMON, Setup Quality Tool,Functional testing, Performance testing, UAT testing
- Experience in developing Manual / Automated Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases
- Experience in using Transforms (MST), Patches (MSP) and Merge Modules etc using MSI's
- Experience in APP-Vsupported 32 bit and 64 bit applications
- Created a group policy object ( GPO) deployments
- Hands on experience in Domain migration from NT to 2000,Migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, Designing windows 2000 domains and implement active directory, Windows 2000 Resource Kit, Windows 2003/2008 Server and Group Policies
- Good Knowledge of Windows Registry, File System, Services, Devices, Security, Windows 2000 Active directory services and other facets of NT4 and 2000
- Strong experience in SCCM Administration, MSI Packaging
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, customer service prioritization and documentation skills
Windows 7/XP/Windows NT/Workstation, MS-DOS, Novell NetWare, UNIX
Packaging & Deployment Tools:
WisePackageStudio 5.0/6.0/7.0, Wise InstallMaster InstallShield AdminStudio 9.0/10.0/11.0, Softgrid4.x, SCCM2007/SCCM 2012, Specops Deployment, APP-V, WinInstall, Radia, Citrix Xenapp 5 ,Altiris
MS ISA 2000, MS Proxy 2.0, Check Point Firewall
TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, SMTP, HTTP, FTP.
Oracle 7.x/8.0/9i/10g, MS Access, MS SQL SERVER
Process Monitor, Orca, FILEMON, REGMON and IN Control
VMware, Oracle Box, MS Virtual PC
Norton Ghost , VMware
Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Science.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Confidential, Chicago Mar 11-Till Date
Project Leadership Associates, Chicago
- Gathering Requirements, Packaging, Testing and Deploying Software packages.
- Created Windows Installer setup packages (.MSIs) and modified the MSIs as per the standards, using Wise Packaging Studio 7.0/Admin Studio 10.0/11.0
- Used SCCM 2007/2012 for deploying the packages
- Created Active directory groups for the packages
- Created MSIs for a locked down environment and set permissions on files and registry keys for user access.
- Created MSTs for both the in-house applications and vendor MSIs to modify and package them as per the organizations packaging procedure manual.
- Created the App-V Sequences for XP/Win7 Environment and also Publishing in UAT and Production Environments
- Deployed the App-v Packages through SCCM 2007
- Deployed Packages using Specops Deploy/Group Policy
- Used ACT as part of upgrading from Win XP to Win 7
- Remediated the packages to make them work for Win 7 Environment
- Wrote and applied custom actions that need to perform specific tasks for, during and after installations using Admin Studio 10.0
- Created Transforms for packages using Tuner in Admin Studio 10.0
- Created profiles using Citrix Streaming Profiler for windows and published applications through Citrix Management Console
- Worked with the .dll and .ocx files registration and version compatibility for packaging the applications.
- Worked with debugging tools like FileMon, RegMon, InCtrl5, Orca, Dependency Walker.
- Performed package validation to resolve Internal Consistency Errors(ICE).
- Imported the application packages into the software database and performed conflict resolution using the Conflict Manager tool.
- Interacted with Users and Application Owners for gathering information required for Application Packaging.
- Used VB Scripts for preinstall and post install software packaging and to automate and schedule the tasks.
- Worked on Batch files to migrate them to VB Scripts, worked on registry to debug the invalid entries, converted win install packages to MSI format.
Confidential, Monterey Park, CA June 09 - Feb11
- Created Windows Installer setup packages (.MSI) using Wise Package Studio 7.0
- Worked on Wise Package Studio to take snapshot of pre-install and post-install and capture the changes
- Repackage applications with Wise Package Studio and included validation, debugging and user testing.
- Applied custom Template to packages that included custom actions for Application Isolation
- Managed highly diverse and widely distributed IT infrastructures using SCCM 2007.
- Provided packages for Delivery through wise Package Studio for company wide Windows XP
- Created Scripts using Winbatch studio to attain different requirements like automatic update of the applications, shortcut creation, deletion and compiling them using Winbatch compiler to get the .exe files
- Tested installs using Ghost and Terminal Services Client
- Worked on .REG files creating, merging, debugging invalid entries and existing Registry using VB Scripts
- Test/qualify an application or update on existing Functional testing, Performance testing, UAT testing
- By using VMware Thin App, Eliminated installation conflicts with application virtualization
- Maintained the Database for the status of the packaging with MSI Packages
- Created Batch files and exe files for manual installs and used wrappers for automated installs
- Scripting, Silent Installs, Software/Hardware resolution; Bug Patching, Registry Analysis, Conflict Resolution, Implementing standards and procedures for creating .MSI/MST packages and repackaging applications.
- Used FILEMON and REGMON for monitoring the files and registry Keys Accessed by the application
- Monitored up-to-date with latest rollup hot fix and service packs as well Windows Server 2003 update
- Test Microsoft Office 2007 Pro and Vista Ultimate prior to roll out and end of year.
- Using tools like Orca to directly edit the MSI/ Validating the MSI
- Tests push the apps to XP/2000 band machines and make sure they work in both environments
- Interacting with Users/Application contacts for Application Packaging/Distribution support for the implemented packages
Cofidential, Dallas, TX
Mar 07 - May 09
Software Application Packager:
- Created Windows Installer setup packages (.MSI) using Installshield Admin Studio 6.0
- Worked on Installshield Developer 8.0 to create Windows Installer packages
- Worked on migrating Windows NT 4.0 packages to XP Machines
- Worked with Norton Ghost to image/reimage the NT Images using Ghost Explorer
- Worked on Various applications to build MSI packages and using transforms (MST); Patches (MSP) according to the package requirement
- Used Install shield Conflict Solver to check for dll hell and isolated the components as needed
- Performed extensive package testing on VMware Workstation 3.2
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of servers and networking hardware/software
- Account and security management of Active Directory, user profiles, user account policies
- Worked on application deployment using Windows Active Directory and implemented Group Policies
- Utilized Admin Studio features such as Repackage and Legacy Setup Conversion Wizard to capture application installations and convert them to a Basic Developer Project
- Created transforms (.MST) with Tuner and Developer to run alongside the original vendor Windows Installer setup package (.MSI) during deployment to add data and to allow future patching and updating
- Experience in Application virtualization solutions (APP-V)
- Experience in creating, editing, customizing and streaming applications using APP-V
- Produce VBScript Custom Actions that add additional functionality to the Windows Installer setup package
- Working with .dll and .ocx files registration and version compatibility for packaging the applications
- Use additional applications such as Orca and Msi.SDK to assist in the final Windows Installer setup package
- Employed Microsoft features to install and to remotely administer packaged Windows Installer applications
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ Sep 06 - Feb 07
- Worked on Creating/Testing new Application Packages in MSI format
- Worked on Wise Package Studio 5.5 Professional to repackage, build the application packages
- Worked on application deployment using Windows Active Directory and implemented Group Policies
- Worked with Windows registries file system, ODBC Data Sources registries to connect to database
- Worked on Various applications to build MSI packages and using Transforms (MST), Patches (MSP) according to the package requirement, Also working on Silent Installs for certain application to automate them for software distribution
- Worked with VMware Workstation for Windows XP Professional/Windows NT 4.0 to test the packages and other related tasks for package building
- Developed the backup strategy and taking the backups on windows
- Wrote Custom actions in VBScript
Confidential, IL May 05 - Aug 06
Software Packaging Analyst:
- Created Windows Installer setup packages (MSI's) and modified the MSI's as per the standards, using Wise Packaging Studio
- Created MSI's in a locked down environment and set permissions on files and registry keys for user access
- Created MST's for both the in-house applications and vendor MSI's to modify and package them as per the organizations packaging procedure manual
- Imported the application packages into the software database and performed conflict resolution using the Conflict Manager tool
- Interacted with Users and Application Owners for gathering information required for Application Packaging
- Conducted peer review and pre-quality control on MSI's created by team members and final quality checks before releasing to testing