I am a skilled individual with a background in telecom, having gained experiences in fixed and wireless domain. I am capable of quickly adapting to changing environments and team work. I am a flexible, committed and possess excellent interpersonal, communication and strong problem solving skills. My abilities and work attitude is backed with excellent references from academia and employers.
I seek an opportunity where I can enjoy my experience working with finest individuals who follow best practices and thereby help me develop my skill set. I would like to work for a leading organisation which can provide me the right guidance and appropriate training and thus contributing to my career development.
In return, I intend to benefit the organisation with my positive work ethics and enthusiastic attitude. I will aim for the highest level of achievement and ensure that I become an integral part of the team. I will strive hard to meet my targets and objectives and thus live up to the standards of the organisation.
M.Sc. Telecommunications & Computer Networks Engineering
Bachelor in Electronics & Communications Engineering
January 2009 - Present
I lost my job at Confidential in December 2008 due to recession. Since then I have struggled to find a role within the telecom domain due to lack of opportunities.
However, since January 2009, I started working for Micro Anvika, a computer retailer on Tottenham Court Road in London. I was instrumental in computer sales and repair.
In July 2009, I started working for Confidential. I am presently working for this campaign on site at Confidential. My responsibility is to assess patients for Swine Flu over the telephone and if there are symptoms present, issue an authorisation code for antiviral medicine.
I am actively seeking opportunities within the telecom domain and am open to various possibilities.
WiMAX RADIO Test Engineer (contract) May 2008 - December 2008.
Confidential, Aylesbury, Bucks.
- Testing and prototyping a complete radio head (WiMAX outdoor unit) which comprises of a radio, FEM (Amplifier) and a filter.
- Interoperability testing with customer and internal equipment.
- Calibration of radio heads for expected operation.
- Implementing new features on hardware and providing feedback to remote FPGA and software engineers.
- Analysis of signals on Spectrum Analysers including the analysis of Airframes.
- Analysis of signals in time and frequency domains.
- Measurement of various RF parameters for the radio such as Channel Power, Spectrum Mask, EVM, Sensitivity,
- Noise Figure, Return Loss, etc.
- Testing at component level to find faults on a variety of RF hardware.
- Working with different customers' baseband units which operate on WiMAX interfaces such as CPRI & OBSAI.
- Woking with customers on their day-to-day issues as a part of development process.
- Develop a strong understating of the Air Interface and thus help the software team understand and debug issues.
- Calibration of WiMAX remote radio head for operation in a Power Control Loop at different preamble and data
- levels and also at different temperatures.
- Testing of radios over temperature using temperature chambers.
- Analyse performance of radio equipment over temperature and subsequently instigate action for unexpected outcomes and test failures.
- Development of ATE for calibration and testing various radio products. ATE systems developed using tools such as MATLAB and LabVIEW.
- Maintain and analyse test results for both for internal and customer use.
- Documenting procedures for usage of equipment, including customer equipment.
- Execution and verification of new product features and thus supporting development.
- Supporting customers on product implementation and logging interoperability issues.
- Supporting sales team during various customer interactions.
- Supporting the factory on various software and hardware issues.
- Log bugs in bug database, follow up and ensure successful closure.
- Working with programme management team in achieving organisational targets.
GSM Platform / Handset Test Engineer (contract) March 2007 - May 2008.
Confidential, Melbourn, Cambridge, UK.
- Performing automated and manual testing on various platforms.
- Working at chip level, adding and removing components from chips to verify interoperability and also testing of components.
- Use of simulation tools as Genie, PC Simulator, Split system, Memtracker.
- Automated testing using tools like Fitnesse, Borg.
- Automating tests using LABVIEW.
- Automating manual tests using Fitnesse (Test written using Wiki language, Python used as underlying language).
- Writing test scripts both from scratch and also using old scripts.
- Manual testing performed on Texas Instrument's Silicon chips and also on development handsets.
- Complete comprehensive testing on Ajar platform software.
- General Conformance Testing (GCF) performed using test equipment form various vendors like Anite, Rhode & Schwartz, IT3, etc.
- Using external power supplies, oscilloscopes and network simulators.
- Examining 'C' code to resolve devasserts and providing suggestion to development teams.
- Interacting with various people in the organization for solutions to problems in either direction.
- Supporting and co-ordinating with development and test teams around the globe.
- Changelist management using configuration management tool, Perforce.
- Running Apps testing on Ajar platforms.
- Reporting and updating bugs as and where necessary.
- Maintenance of Bug database on a regular basis.
- Helping define and implement new test plans.
- Interface with customer specific teams for test reporting and bug capturing.
Drive Test Engineer(RF), June 2006 - February 2007 (contract)
Confidential, Solihull, UK.
- RF drive testing for the optimisation and performance measurement of 3G UMTS network using TEMS, MAPINFO tools.
- Performing shakedowns of the cell sites to collect essential information about the signal levels, handovers, neighbours, power level and noise ratio to identify and rectify problematic areas of the site and for its successful integration into the network.
- Performing cluster drives to identify the coverage gaps, call drops, call blocks and handovers etc.
- Carrying out coverage, quality, cell re-selections, handovers test using TEMS INVESTIGATION in idle as well as dedicated mode to ascertain the design criteria.
- Responsible for performing all Key Performance Indicators (KPI) call scenarios on Qualcomm handsets, test
- consists of MO, MT, voice calls, data calls, video calls, checking soft and hard handovers from 3G to 2G etc.
- Preparing KPI reports from the drive test call data and calculating the call setup success rate, call drop rate, data throughput, congestion etc.
Network Systems Engineer, July 2004 - October 2005
- Assist the Data Communications Supervisor to develop short and long-term strategic and operational plans to
- make certain that network performance, capability and capacity meets existing and future business requirements.
- Coordinate network installations and repair with local/remote sites, contractors, vendor technical support, and external carriers.
- Enforce security policies and configuration control for all networking hardware and supporting applications.
- Maintain appropriate operating logs and statistics to keep track of the network performance and trends.
- Collect configuration and equipment data for purposes of recording inventory and connectivity information.
- Produce routine and ad hoc reports on the status of different aspects of the network.
- Track and isolate failing/defective components on systems, order replacement parts and perform repair (mostly
- off-hours) to restore full operational status of the equipment.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all departments and outside suppliers to optimize
- working relationships and communication.
Technical Sales Engineer January 2003 - June 2004
- Support local sales and technical team on increasing sales.
- New product introductions and product demonstrations.
- Train and guide local technical people, customers and resellers.
- Fairs and tradeshows set-up and demonstrate.
- Building up customer and maintaining 3rd party vendor's relationship.
- Follow up on SW implementations based on customer feedback.
- Customer scenario validation and acceptance.
- Roadmap discussions and priority mapping.
- ISEB Foundation Certificate
- ISEB Intermediate Certificate.
- Introduction to GSM cellular.
- Quality white badge.
- Quality yellow badge.
- Software Inspections and Reviews.
- Introduction to Product Security.
- Secure Programming.
- Very self motivated and capable of multi-tasking.
- High standard of communication (both verbal and written) and so is technical knowledge.
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills.
- A team player who shares best practice and knowledge.
- Ability to operate sensitively in multicultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to understand codes and new concepts quickly. Able to communicate with technical and non-technical people at all levels.
- Good knowledge of GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, WCDMA, WiMAX, OFDM and MIMO technologies.
- Good understanding of RF concepts, Air interface, Modulation, Equalization and Error-control coding.
- Exposure to C, Basic LINUX, Shell scripting.