- $MM project Management - Staff Leadership - Process Management
- Release and Change Management - Software Deployment Lifecycle
- Disaster Recovery Management - Software Development Lifecycle
- Vendor Management - Client Relationship management - Network/Database Management - Help Desk and Hardware support - PC Support - System Upgrades/ Conversion - LAN/WAN Architecture - Escalation Resolution
- Peer-to-Peer User Groups - Web Content Upgrades - Customer Service
Confidential, (03/2009 - Present)
Confidential, Consulting Technology Manager
Integrated Technology Services, Dubuque, IA 52001
Primary responsibilities include providing administration for all mission critical business systems, providing strategic direction for all related applications, network, hardware and software, administration of servers, mentoring and training other staff members, and providing backup support for all other Technology Services functions
- Responsible for managing a group of high-level Application Specialists and System Managers, which includes hiring, training, mentoring, writing reviews, time and budget management, and workload management.
- Leading team in problem management and root cause analysis of application defects. Having a strong blend of technical IT skills and general business understanding.
- Responsible for maintaining and approving all changes to applications and the systems they run on. Ensure that all change control procedures and Problem management processes are clearly documented and followed.
- Perform internal reviews (audits) of the following: change control procedures, data integrity, and segregation of duties, disaster recovery plans, and IT security policy compliance.
- Project lead for coordinating and analyzing application activities between users, production support, development, and the business community.
- Responsible for second tier support and managing adhoc teams specializing in problem resolution on various platforms including Microsoft, Windows, Vista/XP, NT, Unix, Oracle, HP, Sun/Solaris etc..
- Responsible for preparing documentation including: Application and Disaster Recovery, Issue Resolution, Escalation procedures, and Change management. The supported applications specialized include: Billing, Financial Reporting and Recording, Ordering, Provisioning, and Trouble Management systems.
- Support strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, such as offshore or onshore development groups, special technical support vendors and partner organizations
- Responsible for ensuring resolution of production outages and ensuring proper recovery and escalation procedures for Priority Outages are followed.
Confidential, (03/1999 - 02/2009)
Sr. Systems Manager (2005-2009)
Managed a team that provided technical system solutions and project management leadership and all functions involved in the development and integrity of new applications, systems and the maintenance of existing applications and systems. Provided team leadership and project management for IT projects with price ranging in value from $50k to $50M while ensuring timely completion. Assisted in the coordination, evaluation and partnership with technology vendors, outside consultants and internal dotted line resources as needed. Supervised and developed typically team of subordinates, conduct joint goal setting and performance reviews, as well as assisting in the allocation of resources, financial responsibilities and some long-range planning.
- Increased client lead by 20% development, implementation and maintenance of the financial applications for reporting systems.
- Directed teams in development and Implementation of Disaster Recovery planning effort, providing quick restoration of critical applications.
- Managed a teams (technical support, testing and development teams) that provided technical system solutions and project management leadership and all functions involved in the development and integrity of new applications, systems and the support/maintenance of existing applications or systems.
- Spearheaded major 18 month application and database design project for implementation of application and database security ensuring SOX compliance for entire organization with budget of 50M
- Increased customer satisfaction through improved application support, increasing revenue from $5m to 20M.
- Assisted in providing leadership for projects, including collaborating with the clients to develop business applications, defining business and technical requirements, preparing detailed plans and schedules, calculating resource allocation and assignment, providing ongoing coordination and tracking of capital and expense funding and preparing actual vs. budget analysis.
- Worked closely with other business areas, as well as Information Technology organizations, to identify and quantify business issues associated with specific projects, developed and implemented business strategies, and assisted in setting strategic technical direction(s).
Senior Technical Support Specialist
Administered LAN / WAN based network; server design, implement and maintenance, VPN reliability, Internet access, configuration and maintenance of workstations and laptops, remote dialup connectivity, customer service and help desk support; and the future planning and development of the network IT infrastructure. Highlights --
- Reduced operating costs by researching and implementing more cost-effective methods of delivering state-of-the-art technology; often used less expensive equipment with excellent results (Example: Set-up remote offices using Intel routers instead of expensive Cisco equipment without any reduction in quality)
- Significantly improved information flow and productivity by installing Microsoft Terminal Server for remote access use; setup VPN for remote users to access network via Broadband or DSL connections; and created remote dialup procedures for field personnel
- Improved productivity and information flow by (1) installing a print server to allow printing from anywhere on LAN / WAN network to any printer in the system; (2) setting up a fax server to provide staff with a faxing capability from their desktops; and (3) outfitting field personnel with laptops and digital cameras, which allowed real-time information sharing while working in the field.
- Increased online service levels to almost 100 percent and significantly improved system dependability by upgrading all servers to Raid Level 1
- Reduced operating costs by migrating inherited cc: Mail email system to the more cost-effective Microsoft Exchange system
- Standardized equipment and software in order to prevent future system failures and obtain troubleshooting support from tier one providers
- Regularly purchased and installed new PCs, laptops, printers, phone systems, and software applications and conducted numerous training classes on their use
- Gauged vendors\' needs and system capabilities and recommended appropriate technology solutions regarding T1, DSL, Frame Relay, and ISDN lines
- Performed technical research on future projects and produced reports on project rollouts, new technologies, and best methods of implementing new technologies
- Implemented a Disaster Recovery Plan to ensure data backup and recovery
- Seamlessly migrated 60-server Windows NT 4.0 infrastructure to Windows 2000 AD & MS Exchange from 5.5 to 2003, increasing security, stability, reliability, scalability, and productivity. Set up and managed Lab environment to effectively test out all major rollouts before move into production.
- Implemented virus protection system to provide real-time data, servers, e-mail and Internet traffic
Confidential, BROOKFIELD, WI 53045 (1997-1999)
Senior Technical Support Specialist
Oversee the overall operations of the 45-server. Monitored-mixed Windows desktops/servers. WAN connectivity, Cisco routers, Sonic firewalls, and VPN access. Manage Projects to increase productivity and performance. Supervised team of three desktop technicians. Selected, configured, installed and administered all hardware/software. Configured and managed network routers, managed switches, and firewalls. Documented hardware/software configurations, "shared" implementation, and account administration. Register and manage multiple domains used by the college.
Established and maintained disaster recovery procedures and documentations, including backup/recovery, offsite storage of backup tapes, fault-tolerant disk arrays with hot swappable drives and duplicate OS installations. Proactively monitored servers and networks, ensuring 99.9% uptime. Provide 24/7 support during outages and critical production runs.
- Reorganized and re-cabled the network operations center for increased visual appeal, efficiency, and manageability.
- Developed the disaster recovery plan, enterprise-wide security structure/policy, and comprehensive backup strategy.
- Implemented VPN access with two-factor authentication, supporting remote users while meeting client security requirements. Deployed FTP services using SSU/128-bit encryption to handle sensitive client file transfers.
- Led major server consolidation and optimization project, requiring migration of servers to a unified Dell platform. Decreased overall downtime by 15 percent.
- Setup training schedule for desktop technicians, and helpdesk with measurable goals, promoting employee growth, and continued customer satisfaction.
Confidential, SARNIA, ONTARIO (1993-1997)
Technical Support Analyst
- Administered and supported Windows NT networks.
- Installed and configured operating systems and application software.
- Provided technical support to end users (students, teachers, and administrative staff).
- Provided troubleshooting for hardware, e-mail, printing, CRT, and networking problems.
- Diagnosed and replaced malfunctioning hardware.
- Upgraded software and hardware.
- Configured network services including Internet server, WINS, DHCP, tape backup, TCP/IP.
- Monitored and optimized system performance.
- Provided client support to the customers by solving hardware/software problems on busy help desk single-handedly
- Helped maintain database of "fixes" for future use of help desk personnel
- Improved department efficiency by solving high number of problems and thereby freeing server support personnel for more serious work
- Installed and configured new desktop systems and provided network connectivity
- Troubleshot network, application and printer problems
Master of Project Management (MPM)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Information Management Systems (MISM)
Bachelor of Arts (Management Computer Information Systems)
Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
Diploma in Computer Programmer/Analyst (CPA)
Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy)
- Information Technology Professionals (ITP) from
- Canadian Software Human Resource Council (SHRC)
- Microsoft Certified (MCT, MCP + Internet, MCSE, MCSE + Internet
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP)
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (ITP)
- Association of Computer Professionals (ACP)