- A Senior Network Engineer with over 10 years of Experience
- Router and Switch Configuration Specialist
- An expert in troubleshooting, networking and network design, network analyzes of availability and redundancy and implementation, monitoring, hardware and software maintenance.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Bachelors Degree.
- CCNP CISCO Certified
- CompTIA Security+ Certified
- Experience in presenting solutions and post sales support as applied to E1/T1, OCx, Frame Relay, Ethernet, ATM, and network topology needs.
- Knowledge of MPEG authoring and broadband transmission network technology.
- Telephony/Telecommunication experience.
- Working knowledge of Voice over IP, Call Manager, TCP/IP, DWDM and MPLS technologies. Working knowledge of UNIX basics.
- Experience in using Ethereal, Wireshark and Ixia traffic generator equipments, SolarWinds Orion, Netflow, other network management tools.
- Above intermediate knowledge of RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS configuration and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge of BGP principles.
- Interactive experience configuring Crypto ISAKMP, IPsec (phase 1 & 2), GRE/IPsec VPN Tunnels.
- Experience with Cisco 800, 1700, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, series routers.
- Experience with Cisco, 1900, 2950, 3560, 3750, 4500, 6500 Catalyst series switches.
- Have designed and configured DHCP, HSRP, Port Security, VTP, Pruning, Trunking, Portfast, Uplinkfast, BPDUGuard, Vlan access-lists, Vlan access-maps, primary and secondary root switches, Port Cost, Port Priority, Vlan priority and Etherchannel on the above detailed products, as well as other Layer 2/Layer 3 protocols.
Sr. Network Engineer
Confidential, San Jose, CA 11/08 - 07/10
- Responsible for configuring and integrating carrier-grade microwave equipment into the land based wired network; devices such as Dragonwave, Bridgewave and Tranzeo radios and APs.
- Insuring the uncorrupted and uninterrupted flow of traffic as it migrates from the air to land based dynamics and protocols across VLANs in a comprehensive but simple layer 2 environment, in a network of Cisco, 2950s, 2940s and 3640 routers; configuring, implementing and troubleshooting the aforementioned devices.
- Designing HSRP failover to insure network redundancy and resiliency.
- Responsible for evaluating and documenting existing systems infrastructure and making recommendations for improving overall network and system performance.
- Responsible for creating diagrams and records designating and referencing all system components and their location.
- Experience with standard industry tools for Network and systems monitoring. As well as experience in wireless implementation and concepts.
Sr. Network Engineer
Confidential, Corte Madera, CA 06/08 - 10/08
- Responsible for LAN/WAN operations, inclusive of insuring the uninterrupted continuity of traffic in the network; responsible for router & switch configuration and trouble-shooting and all IP devices in the LAN/WAN network.
- Responsible for managing and resolving day-to-day issues pertaining to the RH network environment. The role is also responsible for analysis, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of network and network services. Responsible for opening trouble-tickets with manufacturers such as Cisco and Foundry when necessary. Implement, operate and monitor network equipment, network usage and systems availability.
- Provide input and support for troubleshooting of IP technologies, including but not limited to Network connectivity, IP addressing (CIDR and VLSM), Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, static and floating routes), VPNs, Load Balancing, HSRP/VRRP and QOS. Responsible for providing input and support for troubleshooting of Layer 2 LAN technologies including but not limited to Ethernet (Switched, FastE and GigE), Spanning-Tree, VLANs, VTP, and trunking (802.1q and ISL).
- Responsible for performing IOS and other operating system upgrades including research, plan, design and implementation. Created network documentation, as well as maintaining inventory assessment of all network and network server equipment.
- Available for 24-hour on-call responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success in analysis of complex IP/Ethernet data networks and service domains, with a practical, hands-on experience in Ethernet switching, IP routing, and related data networking technologies, having the ability of translating equipment functionalities into network engineering design, trouble identification, and resolution for mission-critical applications support in a and timely manner.
Network Support Engineer
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA 10/07 - 06/08
- Work directly with customers, vendors, strategic partners, resellers, distributors, in an effort to identify, troubleshoot and find solutions for data networking/transmission and design related issues, in various LAN/WAN environments inclusive of Ethernet, Token Ring, FDDI, etc., hardware and software, focusing on layer 1 to layer 4 levels.
- Responsible for studying switch and router configurations and replicating troubled networks in the lab in an effort to produce solutions; provide timely and accurate progress status on all ongoing support issues.
- Analyze systems errors or anomalies, as well as specific network performance issues and/or error messages, in order to ensure maximum uptime and service quality and assess trends that may ultimately result in degradation of service.
- Formulate and implement monitoring, policies, procedures and standards relating to network management.
Confidential, San Bruno, CA 05/07 - 06/07
- Confidential has outsourced most of its hardware and software implementations to IBM, my responsibilities were to help upgrade devices and troubleshoot configurations in an RIP, EIGRP and sometimes BGP scenarios in more than 2500 hundred stores in North America and Canada.
- Responsible for upgrading and configuring 1750s to 2821s, and 2801s to 2851 routers depending on store size and flavor. This position focused on the core functions of network engineering: planning, implementation, analysis, maintenance, administration and reporting; required to apply solid technical and problem solving skills in any situation.
- Through initiative, leadership and teamwork, created productive relationships with business units and internal IT teams.
- This position had the window to analyze the big picture and perform tactical decision making that supported the strategic direction of the Corporate, IT and Network teams, exercising these responsibilities in compliance with organizational policies and standards and industry best practices.
Confidential, San Ramon, CA 11/06 - 03/07
- Responsible for providing high level remote technical support for contracted router and network customers, inclusive of problem assessment, interactive hardware and software troubleshooting, system configuration, and leading customers to problem resolution. Identify and log both hardware and software bugs.
- Work interactively with customers and T2 and T3 engineers when necessary to resolve product and connectivity issues. Switching and routing knowledge of IP routing protocols such as RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP MPLS and Network Security, as well as L2 protocols.
- Documenting and opening HP based Open View trouble tickets to track cases from first report to escalation or resolution. Usage of Unix-based databases to address networking issues having to do with network restoration and network management reports.
Technical Support Engineer, Tier 3
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA 7/06 - 10/06
- Responsible for third level escalations and technical solutions having to do with McAfee Intrushield's network security devices; utilizing Unix-based networking tools.
- Responsible for recreating in-lab network scenarios embracing Intrushield appliances interacting with workstations, servers, switches and routers.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing captured packet flows delivered via ethereal and other software and hardware sniffers.
- Responsible for using knowledge-based tools and working with colleagues to resolve complex technical issues, interacting across organizations to solve complex issues and follow reported problems and assigned special projects through to their resolution.
- More particulars: creating reproducible test cases, file bug reports, and coordinate delivery of fixes having to do with a number of different protocols within the TCP stack: HTTP, SNMP, TCP, UDP, etc., with an interest toward restoration and network management reports; also responsible for case level documentation and authoring knowledge base articles.
- Responsible for managing customer expectations by keeping all case details up to date in a CRM system.
Senior Network Engineer & Technical Support
Confidential, San Jose, CA 8/05 - 6/06
- Building and managing network infrastructures including internet service providers, peering networks, and VPNs.
- Designing and implementing redundancy of network architectures.
- Designing and implementing wireless networks, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches. Post of technical support for customer and intra-company concerns.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA 8/04 - 7/05
- Sales & Pre and Post sales support functions, selling voice services, intelligent bandwidth, Internet access, managed security services, VOIP, and secure storage back-up.
- Analyzing LAN performance from desktop to data center, gigabit backbones and wireless applications on local segments and across distributed networks pursuing avenues to avoid single points of failure giving rise to disruption of mission-critical services. Analyzing and advising on business continuity and disaster recovery issues.
- Helping to engineer foreign networks into customer native network and analyzing the efficiency of switches and routers at the edge and core of the network.
Technical Support/IP Specialist, Bay Area
Confidential, San Francisco, CA 11/2000 - 8/2002
- Sold first Confidential International Money Exchange hosting application to Wells Fargo.
- Wrote technical white papers and brown papers on telecommunication and data subjects.
- Provided technical support to Sales and Account Management.
- Able to identify technical barriers and develop solutions to close deals with customers and strategic alliance partners.
- Architected networking concepts that enable strategic corporate objectives.
- Creative ability to develop value added commerce technology, and portal management solutions to customer needs.
- Experience in penetrating VP level decision makers.
- Experience in technical sales presentations, communications and interpersonal relationships.
- Met or exceeded quota goals by 120%.
Sales Engineer, Bay Area
Confidential, San Francisco, CA 2/00 - 10/00
- Participated as an integral component of the pre/post sales effort in a technical consultative capacity.
- Conducted detailed presentations and demonstrations concerning ELI's history and products as tailored to the customer's and prospect's needs, with the purpose of successfully locking the sale. Performed technical marketing functions in designated regions in support of strategic sales efforts.
- Demonstrated operating experience in campus LAN, WAN, remote access, and multi-service and switched network design.
- Well versed in TCP/IP.
- Good understanding of Ethernet, FDDI, Fast Ethernet, multi-mode fiber, media converters, T1/E1, T3/E3, OCx, SONET, ATM, LAN switching, VPNs, Frame Relay, ISDN, DSL.
- Ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action. Ability to apply marketing principles to technical issues.
- 100% quota attainment.
- Presented Electric Lightwave's family of systems solutions: Transparent LAN Systems, Remote Internet Access, Frame Relay, Fiber Optics, ATM, SONET, backbone broadband access, and Managed Router Programs.
- Knowledge of routing protocols.
- Responded to RFPs and general technical queries.
Acted as technical conduit between engineering and customer/prospect.