Education / Certifications:
- IBM System Administrator with 7+ years experience in ever increasing levels of responsibility and expertise in a wide range of IT disciplines specializing in Application Server and Web Server, adept in all facets of Administration, Maintenance, Integration including Installation, Migration and Configuration
- Expertise in supporting enterprise based distributed applications over a wide range of operating environments across several web farms on a 24/7 rotation basis for high volume, secure transactions and Web services.
- Experience in Planning, Installation, Administration, Packaging and Deployment of applications, Migration, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, Security management, Work Load Management and WSadmin scripting using JACL ofIBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM MQSeries, Jboss application server on various platforms like Solaris, AIX, UNIX, HP-UX, Linux and Windows.
- Expertise in Tuning of Application Servers by Tivoli Performance Viewer like setting the dynamic cache size and setting the JVM heap size using collected Performance Monitoring Infrastructure (PMI) data.
- Successful implementations of Workload Management (WLM) using cloning and clustering techniques including horizontal and vertical clustering for achieving High-availability, scalability and failover.
- Expertise in migrating the configuration settings and applications from WAS v4.0/5.0 to v5.1, v6.0 and v6.1 using both command line tools and using the GUI migration wizard provided with the WebSphere.
- Experience in installation and configuration of Apache tomcat Server, IBM HTTP Server , Iplanet WebServer, Sun One Web Server, IIS and also involved in configuration of Virtual Hosts for Apache HTTP Server, IBM HTTP Server.
- Hands on experience in developing, deploying, implementing, testing and support of full life cycle implementations of various J2EE/Internet/Intranet and distributed applications.
- Experience in monitoring applications and server infrastructure using monitoring tools like Compuware VSM, Sitescope,HP-BAC, Vantage analyzer,vantage agentless server.
- Extensively worked with Compuware VSM for Installing, administering, user training, upgrading and troubleshooting Enterprise environments
- Configured Queue Connections Factories, Queue Definitions, and Listener Ports in order to provide connectivity to Enterprise MQ infrastructure and also worked on Service Integration Bus (SIB) configuration in V6.x
- Configuring of JDBC Providers, Data Sources, connection pool, Data Source, Virtual Hosting, JNDI, Global Security, SSL, SSO, and Open SSH, Open SSL, LDAP, CA Site Minder and IBM secure way (LTPA).
- Experienced in Installing Upgrade Fix Packs, Refresh Packs and Migrating to latest versions.
- Good at troubleshooting using Traces, Logs, Log Analyzer,Trace Service and Thread dumps.
- Deploy enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere 5.x that involves EAR, JAR and WAR files.
- Deployed applications in mobile iphones and worked with mobile monitoring tools like Mobile iron & AMP.
- Experienced in working with Databases like SQL server, Oracle, DB2, Teradata.
- Bachelor of Technology
- IBM Certified Systems Administrator on WebSphere Application Server 6.0.
Application Servers/ Web Servers:
WebSphere7x/ 6.1.x/6.0.x/5.1.x/5.0.x/4.0/3.5x.,Websphere MQ 6x/5x/4x,Websphere Process server 7x/6x,Jboss 7x/6x/5x/4x,iPlanetServer 6.0/4.1, IBM HTTP Server 6.1/6.0.2/2.0.42.x/2.0.47/1.3.28/1.3.26/1.3, Apache 2.0.54/2.2/ 1.3.28, IIS 6.0/5.0, SunOne Web Server 6.1/6.0.
Unix, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, Windows 95/98/NT/2K.
Java, C, C++, COBOL, CICS, JCL, PL/SQL, Visual C++, VB, HTML, XML, ASP, PERL and Shell scripting
Servlets, JSP, Beans, EJB (Including MDB), J2EE, JDBC, JMS,
JNDI, RMI, PAXP, Java Mail
Macromedia Dream weaver MX, Fireworks MX, Flash MX, Microsoft FrontPage, Adobe Photoshop, Image Ready, Premier, 3D Studio Max, Softimage 3D
Tivoli Performance Viewer, Thread Analyzer, Log Analyzer, Heap-Analyzer, Wily Introscope 7.1/6.0, Visual Age for Java, QPASA,VSM.
TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, SOAP, and HTTP.
Confidential, Washington DC
Sr Web Sphere Administrator Jun'09-Present
- Installed, configured, and maintained IBM WebSphereApplication Server ND 7.1/220.127.116.11/ 18.104.22.168, IBM Web sphere process server 7.0, IBM HTTP Server 6.1/6.0/2.x,iPlanet 6.0/4.1.on IBM AIX 5.3, Solaris and Windows platform.
- Applied fixpacks, refresh packs and patches for different versions of WAS and Web servers in all the environments.
- Installed and configured Apache Server for hosting web pages.
- Performed Tuning by implementing Workload Management (WLM) and setting up various parameters in Web server.
- Involved in server log and domain log monitoring and application deployment of WebSphere Application server.
- Implementedthe Clustering Topology that meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Integrated and deployed Enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere ND 7.1/6.1/6.0 that involves EAR, JAR, WAR files using Application Assembly Tool.
- Extensively worked with Compuware VSM dashboard to map business services to the IT components of the enterprise.
- Worked with Compuware VSM to present real-time views of service quality and performance by distilling data from heterogeneous sources.
- Supported Online booking & Quiktrak applications and resolved the application specific issues in Prod.
- Deployed and managed e-map & elift applications in Mobile Iphone.
- Installed, configured, performed tuning of Jboss application server.
- Performed JBOSS tuning to optimize performance, stabilize & improve JVM performance by tuning the heap size and resetting the connection pools.
- Generated and createdSSL keys and certificates and configured Apache tomcat server to use the SSL communications.
- Created CSR request to VeriSign and imported the valid certificates required for SSL authentication.
- Managed Security and Performance optimizations for IBM WebSphere, IBM HTTP Server and Apache Web Server.
- Created CR's using peregrine & ISM for any changes in all 3 environments.
- Configured and used Wily introscope , Site scope, HP BAC, VSM performance monitoring tools to monitor application resources (Enterprise Java beans, Servlets) and WAS runtime resources (JVM memory, application server thread pools, database connection pool).
- Troubleshooting on issues such as out of memory, memory leaks, hung sessions and session replication, federation of nodes and synchronization of nodes with NDM.
- Configured SIB and Enterprise Service Bus on WebSphere Application Server ND 6.0
- Configured WebSphere resources like JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling.
- Enabled Global Security feature by configuring LDAP as user registry and LTPA with Single Sign On for authentication and authorization privileges.
- Prepared technical documents related to operations based on enterprise architecture.
- Worked with IBM TAM WEB SEAL to provide Single sign on authentication and security to the back end servers.
- Installed MQ Secure node-to-node secure communications between external clients and Company in the distributed environment.
- Worked on defining and configuring Application Servers, Virtual Hosts, Web Resources, JDBC Drivers, Web Applications, Servlets, and Servlet Engines-as well as deployment of EJB's across multiple instances of WebSphere.
- Installed and Configured Tivoli Access Manager e-business for Securing Applications.
- Extensive hands on using UNIX shell scripts, Jython and JACL automated scripts for administration.
- Involved in connecting the Oracle 10g/9i, SQL server 2005 databases with various environment servers.
Environment: WebSphere Application Server ND 7.1/22.214.171.124/ 126.96.36.199, Webpsher MQ server 6x, Webpshere Process server 7x,IBM HTTP Server 6.x/188.8.131.52/13.x, Jboss 6x,Apache Web Server, Tomcat, TAM WEBSEAL,IBM AIX 5.3, Suse Solaris, Windows 2003 server, ORACLE 10g/9i, DB2,Tivoli Performance Viewer, Webservices, Vantage Analyzer ,Wily introscope,, Tivoli Directory Server v5.2(LDAP),Sitescope,HP-BAC,VSM.
Confidential, San Jose, CA Aug'07-May'09
Sr WebSphere Administrator
- Installed, configured, and maintained WebSphere Application Server 5.0/5.1 Deployment Manager and Application Server Profiles.
- Implemented horizontal and vertical scaling of WebSphere Application Server (WAS)for workload managed cluster.
- Installation & Configuration of IBM HTTP Server, make junction works for the transportation of application through a web server.
- Installed EARs, WARs and configured application specific JVM settings, Web container parameters using the Admin Console and WSADMIN.
- Migration of applications from development environments to staging, QA, Dev and Production environment.
- Expertise in administering and maintainingproduction, test and development environment.
- Configuring WebSphere Portal Server on multiple platforms for both Horizontal and Vertical clustering for Work Load Management.
- Installation of multiple instances IBM WebSphereV5.0/5.1 on the same machine. Coexistence of multiple Application Server (Base) instances, multiple Deployment manager instances, and different versions of WebSphere as well.
- Monitoring application log files, Application Server Performance, Servlet Status, Active Sessions and DB Pool connections.
- Administration of Working Applications- starting and stopping the application servers Regenerating/updating plug-in for IBMHTTP Server.
- Worked with Compuware VSM(Vantage Suite )to assess the performance of corporate applications (to identify methods to increase performance and reduce impact) and to assist with problem isolation and resolution.
- Designed and Implemented Compuware's VSM Server and Network Vantage monitoring application and monitoring agents
- Worked in creating MSSL, hardware, software certificates required for secure communication to the servers.
- Installed fix packs to overcome App server problems and performance issues.
- Implemented the skills of Load balancing for edge components using F5's BigIP load sprayer.
- Configured WebSphere resources like JVM heap settings, JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling, Virtual Hosts, Global Security and SSL.
- Problem Determination through the log files (JVM Logs) and rectified the problems or interacting with IBM support to solve problems.
- Trouble shooting, Performance tuning and Capacity Monitoring of Applications Servers using Tivoli Performance Viewer and log analyzer.
- Implemented creation of Server groups and clusters in WebSphere Application server.
- Shell Scripting using Korn shell, JACL and Perl
- Monitoring of space availability on each file system using the Shell Scripts.
- Worked closely with Database Administrators to resolve database and JDBC related issues in WebSphere Application Server.
- Worked closely to Service integration Bus and Message Engine using to JMS connection factory, JMS, Topic, Topic Connection Factory and Activation.
- Implemented Creation File store System and Database store System using WAS.
- Used Tivoli Performance Viewer to monitor WebSphere Applications and tuned the environment accordingly like changing the JVM Heap, & Connection Pool sizes.
- Configured and handled Wiley Introscope for monitoring the performance and for troubleshooting of WebSphere environment
- Troubleshooting Admin Server start-up issues, Java code defects after deployment, & class path issues.
- On call, on pager, 24x7 production support and maintenance of Applications Servers
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0/5.1, IBM HTTP Server, Apache Web Server 2.0.47/2.0.52, Sun Solaris , Suse Linux 9.0, Vantage analyzer(VSM), WEBSEAL,Windows 2003/2000 Server, ORACLE9i ,Jboss 5x, DB2, Tivoli Performance Viewer, Wily Introscope 6.x, PERL.
Confidential, Newyork Oct'06-Jul'07
Sr WebSphere Administrator
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance ofIBMWebSphere Application Server 5.0 on AIX 5.1 Platform and Windows NT/2000/98/95 environment
- Installed, Configured and Administered IBM HTTP Web Servers 1.3, Apache 2.0 and IPlanet web servers.
- Implementation of horizontal scaling of WebSphere Application Server (WAS) in a workload-managed cluster.
- Deployment, Installation and maintenance of several Enterprise Applications in a clustered environment with fail-over support with the interaction of the Developers
- Configured WebSphere resources including JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling, and Java Mail sessions. Deployed Session and Entity EJBs in WebSphere
- Applying patches and plug-ins forWebSphere Application Server
- Involvement in performance monitoring and tuning by using the Tivoli Performance Viewer.
- Configuring security of WebSphere using LDAP server (Microsoft Active Directory)
- Performing Troubleshooting by analyzing log files using the Log Analyzer tool and also by running traces
- Configured IBM WebSphere MQ resources like queue connection factories and queue destinations on the Application server side.
AIX Performance Monitoring and tuning.
- Expertise in AIX Logical Volume Manager for creating and maintenance of Logical Volumes and Volume Groups
- Maintenance of WebSphere backup scripts using JACL
- Involvement in writing scripts to handle everyday System Administration tasks such as backup procedure, system cleanup etc. using shell scripting and cronjobs.
- 24x7 on-call support on a rotation basis
- Maintenance of the local Apache and IBM HTTP Web servers
- Documentation of all procedures and any other important issues related to disaster recovery
- Opened and pursued PMRs with IBM for troubleshooting of code and configuration related problems in IHS, WAS and WPS domains.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0, AIX 5.1, Windows 2000 server, Jboss 4.1,DB2 UDB, Oracle 8i,Web sphere MQ 4.1, and IHS 2.0..
Confidential, PA Mar'05-Sep'06
- Installation, configuration and administration of WebSphere application server 4.1.
- Installation, configuring and administration of Web Servers IHS1.3.x and IIS
- Developed WSADMIN scripts to automate various administrative tasks for WAS.
- Configured global security with LDAP as user registry.
- Configured Web Server interfaces, session management, virtual hosts and HTTP transports for WAS.
- Successfully implemented Work Load Management (WLM) using cloning and clustering techniques including Horizontal and Vertical cloning for failover.
- Configured WebSphere to generate PMI data and monitored the same using Tivoli Performance Viewer.
- Used the Log Analyzer for troubleshooting, by updating the symptoms databases on a periodic basis.
- Applied software maintenance, program fixes (APARs) and keeping track of the system software releases
- Provided 24*7 on call support for production environments.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 4.1. , IBM HTTP Server1.3.x, DB2, Oracle 7.x/8.0 JDBC, Servlets, Solaris, Sun One.
Confidential, Mumbai Jan'04-Dec'04
- Installed and configured the IBM WebSphere Application Server 3.5.
- Involved in various Administrative Tasks like Installation, Configuration, Deployment, Scripting and Trouble Shooting for Web Sphere Application Server 3.5 on Solaris, Linux, and Windows 2000.
- Installed & maintained shared middle-tier infrastructure software components and solutions.
- Tested for consistent communication between WebSphere Clients, Oracle, Web Server and WebSphere Administration Server.
- Separated Web Server and Application Server for better performance and security. Package, build, integrate and deploy enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere 3.5 that involves EAR, JAR, WAR files using AAT.
- Created application backup using XML Config tool. Written shell script to run the backup and recovery process.
Environment:WebSphere 3.5, Apache Tomcat Server, Windows 2000 Server, J2EE 1.2, JSP, EJB, Oracle 8i, WSAD.
References will be provided upon request