Results oriented solutions System Integrator and System Administrator with a long track record of experience in the IT industry. Extensive knowledge in supporting high performance and cluster computing solutions (HPC), UNIX/Linux system administration and enterprise systems integration. Highly skilled in deployment of technology solutions including business analysis, installation and configuration, technical integration, custom development, testing and training.
Confidential, Warren, MI June 1999 - Present
Senior Systems Engineer
- Designed, implemented, supported and administered on-premise a High Performance Computing infrastructure, comprised of over 1,250 core linux cluster, data storage, networking and archiving, in order to support engineering data analysis.
- Managed hardware, software & firmware upgrades on all HPC assets regularly. Including multiple technology refreshes.
- Proficient in troubleshooting software programs/applications in a Linux based HPC environment. Methodologies supported include MPI, OpenMP, C, C++.
- Familiar with supporting, configuring & maintaining Multi-Terabyte RAID storage system in a SAN/NAS environment.
- Supporting a wide spectrum of engineers/scientists on day-to-day issues relevant to HPC system assets, queue\'ing systems and Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Software.
- Familiar with US Government Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
Confidential, Troy, MI Feb. 1998 - June 1999
- UNIX Engineer supported PeopleSoft Financial and HR database systems.
- Monitored SQL databases and provided UNIX assistance to DBA\'s.
- Supported desktop systems running end client PeopleSoft applications & servers.
Confidential, Pontiac, MI Apr. 1995 - Jan. 1998
Engineering Systems Engineer
- UNIX Engineer supported CNC plant floor systems running CAM applications.
- Developed implementation plan and executed high profile Oracle server installation in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Monitored Oracle databases for any inconsistencies which may require DBA intervention.
Confidential, Southfield, MI Feb. 1985 - Mar. 1995
Office Automation Analyst
- Supported all aspects of desktop PC\'s and their network in an executive environment.
- Provided guidance & recommendations on future hardware purchases to senior executives.
- Developed a number of relational database applications to support consultants on their engagements.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Administration.
Concentration in business and management curriculum while attending evening classes.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Linux/UNIX - SUSE, Red Hat, Sun Solaris, IRIX, HP/UX (over 17 years supporting many flavors of UNIX & Linux). Hands on with over 5 different versions of Linux installation & configuration.
UNIX Shell Scripting (Bash, Bourne, C Shell, KornShell), Python
Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and 7
InfiniBand & EtherNET
Brocade Fibre Channel switch configuration & administration
LSI Logic RAID controller configuration & administration
Third Party Applications:
Altair PBS Pro Queue\'ing
Platform Computing LSF Queue\'ing & Cluster Manager
Symantec Netbackup 6.5.x
CompTIA - Security + Certification
SGI-SUSE - Linux System Administration Certifications (multiple)