SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 7 years of hands on network engineer experience with windows and Cisco, and juniper systems.
- Installed, configured, troubleshot and maintained complex routed LAN and WAN networks.
- Received associates degree in information technology from county college of Morris
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills A team player who also can also work well independently.
To obtain a full time position in the field of information technology, specifically network engineering in a challenging environment that focuses on technology integration , employee advancement, with an emphasis on company advancement
(Last Position Held)
CONFIDENTIAL Middletown, NJ August 2012 – October 2012
- Worked on the network Team that oversaw the Cisco IOS to IOS XR conversion for the CONFIDENTIAL backbone network
- Created MOP (Methods of Procedure) documents and lab test procedures to be used by NOC to implement new technologies in the network.
- Worked on Cisco GSR 12416, 8800 Series MGX-45, MGX-1, platforms.
- Primarily responsible for Tier 3 network support and new technology insertion for
- Telecommunication , IP/MPLS backbone network.
- Position included periodic on-call support responsibilities.
Confidential, NJ September 2011 – February 2012
- Setup and maintenance of new and current network equipment (Cisco 3500,4900,6500 series and Brocade FCX switches and MLX-16, MLX 32)
- Management of client IP allocations
- Provide support for clients via email, tickets and phone
- Troubleshooting performance issues providing a timely solution and turn around
- Follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction
Confidential Mt. Laurel, NJ June 2010 – September 2011
- Created and documented high-level and detailed network designs for the CRAN/Converged Commercial Networks.
- Augmentation of the existing commercial networks
- Provide last tier On-Call support,focused onisolating and resolving network outages
- Test and deploy MPLS across the CRAN/Converged Commercial Networks in support of network security and QOS for customer traffic.
- Work independently with little supervision while managing assigned projects and ensuring timely delivery of services
- Communicate applicable design guidelines and provide guidance to markets to ensure compliance
- Generate network configurations to support market augments and CRAN/Converged Commercial Network Designs
- Provided user assistance with hardware, software, operating systems and Local Area Network (LAN) support issues
- Provided networking support for PC, Mac, and some Unix/Linux
Confidential, NJ, 2005 - 2010
Involved in a number of initiatives related to improved centralized and automated network management systems to meet corporate goals with minimum customer impact. Had an integral part in our network re-architecture efforts to facilitate better product delivery to customers.
Tasks have included:
- Hands on familiarity with products from Cisco, Foundry, Juniper, F5
- Responsible for turning up new cross connects and handoffs within the network backbone
- Was on the network design team that implemented new 10 gig lags between our core sites
- Networking team member in the migration and integration of all database servers, this involved moving over 200 servers.
- Implementation of BGP and ISIS on juniper core border routers
Projects have included:
- Lab testing for Foundry’s mlx-16 switch code Responsible for identifying a number of bug fixes in different versions of code.
- Implementation of f5’s into the network infrastructure
- Documentation on juniper and foundry troubleshooting for NOC training.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ, 2003- 2005
Networking / Helpdesk consultant
Member of the helpdesk team that maintained the systems, and associated network devices used by 3,000 plus employees of Confidential both onsite and remote. Provided support of the LAN/WAN Cisco and juniper network. Experience with Cisco Routers and Juniper network security, TCP/IP. 90 % of employee support was provided via net meeting.
Confidential Parsippany, NJ 2000 - 2003
Worked solely on a ticketing system to Provide network support for desktops and laptops, and printer installs. Also provided network security updates to all laptops and desktops. Helped with new hardware rollout and construction of the new data center. Provided user assistance with hardware,software, operating systems and Local Area Network (LAN) support issues. Provided networking support for PC, Mac, and some Unix/Linux
Associates in Information Technology
- Cisco Troubleshooting
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
Network Routing Hardware
- Juniper Load Balancers , F5, Foundry, Cisco , Routing Protocols , BGP, OSPF, RIP ,
- Ethernet, VLANs, T1/DS3/OC3
- UNIX / Windows NT / 2000 / XP Network Management / firewalls, VPN’s