Senior Systems Engineer Resume
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Technical Project Manager / Senior System Engineer with a demonstrated track record in system delivery, technical integration and system engineering of electromechanical systems for printing & information technology services industry. Combined business and technical skills to transition ideas, technologies and customer requirements to successful products. Experience with full systems engineering life cycle of system delivery, planning, system specifications and requirements, system trade-offs, marketing, system testing, system documentation, service strategy, manufacturing and supply value chain support. Demonstrated ability to successfully lead technical people and manage professionals in cross-functional environments.
Project Management | Product Delivery | Product Development
Time-to Market | Results Focused | Service Delivery
Customer Focused | System Trade-offs | System Documentation
Specifications and Requirements | System Testing | System Reliability
Confidential, Rochester, New York
Technical Specialist / Project Manager 2002 - 2009
Successfully delivered platform driven Xerox color multifunction systems consisting of complex hardware and software solutions for Office and Graphic Art marketplace worldwide. Under constrained schedule, managed and led technical integration of all aspects of system delivery, development, testing, manufacturing, service and customer support.
- Delivered eight color multifunction products to worldwide market over 7-year period resulting in $2B revenue to the company.
- Wrote system level product specifications with external supplier. Negotiated & implemented changes that improved product field performance 5% - 8% year-over-year.
- Developed an integrated system test strategy for all products to simulate customer environment and stress conditions. Designed and supervised the implementation of system tests to ensure that any critical problems were identified and implemented solutions verified. The test design and methodology resulted in a 50% reduction in testing cost and completion time, which saved $400K per product to the company.
- Analyzed worldwide system / product performance data from customer, various in house and external customer acceptance tests. Projected product reliability growth curve and implemented the areas for improvement to reduce service and part cost by 15% to 25%.
- Developed and implemented system / product service strategies and computer based training for service personnel allowing them to train locally and therefore eliminating travel time and associated cost of $3000 per person per product for service division.
- Implemented an Early Warning System worldwide during product launch that reduced start-up customer issues by 50% and increased customer satisfaction to more than 90%.
- Chaired weekly program problem management committee and failure review board meetings. Tracked, prioritized and managed system performance & plans for closure of critical issues in a cross-functional environment, providing weekly status to management.
Print Engine Development Manager 1999 - 2002
Led a team of five (engineers & technicians) in developing color laser print engine using a Japanese supplier. Managed total print engine delivery including specifications, diagnostics, configuration, customer support as well as technical interfaces with the system.
- Managed engine manufacturing configuration, design change control process and production lot release process. Defined in line tests & control process required to ensure product quality. Optimized equipment configuration and software upgrade process to reduce machine build time by 10 minutes. This resulted in a savings of $300K to the company.
- Developed and designed integrated system test plans to evaluate print engine reliability and system performance in a simulated customer environment, identifying root cause and corrective actions.
- Evaluated and assessed alternative engine technologies. Performed risk analysis and provided performance metrics for the print engine being integrated into the system product.
- Interfaced with customers, other contractors and internal support groups to successfully meet the goals for the project and the company.
Senior System Engineer 1988 - 1999
- Managed system engineering interface and integration of a high volume electronic printer. Performed top-level systems design and trade-offs studies. Analyzed system productivity and developed software control requirements to enable increased productivity by 15%.
- Created a simulation model to evaluate and optimize Total Cost Of Ownership for a new color copier system. Identified and implemented opportunities to reduce the cost per color page from 12 cents to 5 cents meeting the goal for the program.
- Delivered a low volume light lens copier product to be manufactured in China and Brazil. Developed manufacturing quality plan, process definitions, service / customer support documentation. Coordinated and secured Safety Agency approvals for the product.
Process Integration / Design Engineer 1980 - 1988
- Designed and built a test fixture to characterize the electrical performance of photoreceptors in a print engine. Developed hardware & software to run fixture unattended thus eliminating need for test personnel, which saved $100K during its first year of use.
- Conducted xerographic tests using Robust Design of Experiments methodology to evaluate developer materials, photoreceptor and image copy quality. Integrated and managed interfaces of various marking modules in the copier system. Performed reliability and maintainability analyses and conducted tests to ensure quality.
- Developed and designed oil release and paper stripping system for xerographic fusing function including fuser drive train, stripper fingers and oil pump, from concept stage into production. Reduced manufacturing cost of fusing subsystem by 10% and improved fuser reliability performance by 20%.
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes