Computer Professional with diverse background in manufacturing and software industries including participation in small and medium-sized IT teams. Experienced in computer programming, data flow automation and integration, system and application administration, writing documentation, and user support. Task oriented and focused on problem solving with attention to details. Adept at self-teaching new languages and software. Dedicated to dependable service both personally and from supported systems.
Languages: Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 6 Programmer, Oracle
Certified Associate Java SE 5/SE 6, Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, Oracle
SQL*Plus, Emanio Trading Partner proprietary report generation scripts
Domino Applications: IBM Lotus Notes email, IBM QuickPlace collaborative software,
BlackBerry Enterprise Server
EDI Applications: Emanio Trading Partner, Cleo LexiCom
Platforms: Windows 2003 Servers, NetApp Filers
Additional: Websense Manager, Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall, Dell ASAP
eSMART asset tracking software
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Technical Support Advisor Nov 2011 - Jan 2012
Telephone technical support for desktop and portable computers.
- Hardware and software technical support for Apple iMac desktop and MacBook portable computers
- Determined support eligibility
- Accepted credit card information for new support agreements
- Provided verbal instructions over the telephone according to company procedures for diagnosing and correcting hardware and software issues
- Escalated issues to specialized departments as required
- Scheduled FedEx pickup for portable computers returned for repairs
Systems Analyst Dec 1996 - Apr 2010
Systems administration and programming.
- Managed Microsoft Windows network, IBM Lotus Notes email, QuickPlace, and BlackBerry for local and remote users.
- Provided hardware and software support to users at both local and remote locations by telephone and email.
- Managed user accounts and licenses, hardware and software maintenance support contracts, and system backups.
- Created user training documents for purchased and custom applications.
- Wrote SQL and C++ code to automate EDI for inbound Schedules and outbound ASNs and financial data according to business partner requirements.
- Integrated EDI with email for immediate user notification of updated customer schedules.
- Wrote C++ code to reformat data for transfer between computer systems.
Confidential, Northridge, CA
Software Engineer Feb 1995 - Dec 1996
COBOL Programming on IBM/370.
- Codedsoftwaremodifications for print media advertising management software to correct issues identified by customers.
- Provided customer support by telephone and email.
Additional Work Experience
Confidential, Burbank, CA
Confidential, Athens, GA
Programmer / Database Manager (part-time)
Production Operator (part-time)
Data Transcriber (seasonal)
Master of Applied Mathematical Science, Computer Science
BS, Bachelor of Science, Psychology