Experienced Microsoft Network Administrator, with recent Linux\\Unix certification. Pursuing an opportunity in a dual platform environment with some Linux exposure.
- Linux/UNIX administration RedHat/Fedora and Cent OS Linux
- Windows NT4.0\\2000\\2003 server
- Exchange 5.5\\2000\\2003 in a cluster environment with OWA
- Active Directory and Group Policy administration
- TCP\\IP/DHCP/DNS management
- Domain and User administration
- Veritas 9.1 and ArcServe backup
- Windows desktop 95\\98\\2000\\NT\\XP\\Vista\\Windows 7
- Fedora Linux 12 client administration
- Layer 3 switch and router configuration management. H.P. Procurve 4000, and Cisco 2600
- Enterprise Virus and SPAM retention
- Apple OS-X and iOS
- Nagios and Ipswitch Whats Up Gold
- VMware and Citrix exposure
- ITSM and PM methodologies
Professional Work Experience
Independent IT Consultant (contract)
Confidential -providing remote Tier 2 support for the entire product line.
Confidential - provided assistance with Nagios network monitoring tool implementation.
Confidential- Provided seasonal support for Peachtree Accounting software.
Confidential- Setup and managed international helpdesk. Recruited and trained staff, developed processes and procedures.
Confidential- Assisted CIBP department with the enterprise maintenance of server farm. Utilized Shavlik Netcheck to apply patches on a scheduled basis to 155 servers.
Confidential- Setup DSL router and wireless 802.11 segment for a small 5-node network. Rebuilt PCs, repaired laptops and provide ongoing technical support as needed.
Confidential-. Assisted with implementation of additional wiring infrastructure for data and CCTV in over 100 Verizon Wireless retail stores throughout the Southeast.
November 02-May 06
Senior Network Engineer - Responsible for the platform migration of NT 4.0\\Exchange 5.5 environment to a Windows 2003 server and Enterprise Exchange 2003, in a full Active Directory on a cluster server environment. Successfully served as the sole Network Administrator to 300 users and 44 servers. Developed, built and maintained infrastructure to include;
- Confidential virus management
- Confidential firewall
- Confidential hardware device for spam detection
- Confidential software content management and spam filtering.
- Confidential management
- Confidential Network monitoring management
- Terminal server
- Confidential FAX server
- 802.11g Wireless network segment
- Confidential backup to GFS standards
August 01-November 02
- Developed Network Operations Center to monitor and maintain over 50 remote customer networks. Built and maintained Citrix servers and thin clients. Managed and dispatched field engineers when remote connectivity was not effective.
Confidential (employed twice)
Senior Network Administrator
February 97-June 01
- Returned to the company to manage 3 separate facilities, the corporate offices, accounting and sales. Successfully supported and maintained 400 users over 3 different networks sharing a common domain.
February 94 - March 95
Network Engineer and Application Specialist
- Provided support to customer base for network and communications applications.
August 1996-February 1997
- Promoted to manage the LAN for executives at the Ravinia facility. This responsibility also included desktop and remote access applications.
March 95-August 96
Help Desk Analyst
- Provided proprietary application support to MCI employees.
Confidential (employed twice)
February 96-December 96
- Contracted while employed at MCI to manage the deployment, training and documentation of Source Safe a document management application for managing source code.
June 93-February 94
IS Applications Programmer - Promoted from Service Manager to Applications programmer. Developed a shop floor automation application utilizing Form Tool database.
November 90-June 93
- Managed 4 technicians in the PCB component level repair of motherboards that failed in the field. Managed all resources for the department.
I have graduated Gwinnett Technical College with a certification in Linux\\Unix Administration. I continue to attend school for further certifications.
With an emphasis on Confidential, competent at the command line and can perform vi and Emacs scripting functions.
Information Security Certification (1 class to go)
Data Center Certification- (June 2011)
Certified Linux/UNIX System Administrator (6/4/2010)
Certified PC Repair and Network Technician (10/4/2009)
Certified Office 2007
Associates degree in Data Processing, 20 hours short of completion.
Developed RPG II applications
Developed 1974 ANS COBOL applications.
IBM 34\\36\\38 platforms with OCL\\JCL operating systems.
Developed on Hitachi NAS 6650 with CMS\\XEDIT.
Iris Reel 9 Operating system.
Advanced database concepts.