- Over 7 years' experience tier-1 mobile service provider and large enterprise networks.
- Hands on experience in different cisco platforms 800 through 6500 and 7600.
- Extensive experience in designing, configuration and troubleshooting in Enterprise Network environment. Hands on expertise in routing protocols like, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, and IGRP.
- Hands on experience in layer-2 protocols like STP, MSTP, RSTP, EtherChannel, trunking 802.1q
- Experience in setup VLAN,VTP,802.1x authentication in access layer switches
- Hands on experience with IXIA Packet generator. Developing TCL scripts for automation.
- Experience in configuration and implementation of Security via RADIUS/TACACS
- Very good understanding of multicasting protocols such as IGMP, PIM-DM, PIM-SM, SSM etc.
- Excellent customer service skills with good communication and presentation skills.
- Go getter, results oriented, customer focused and team player with excellent communication skills.
- B.Tech in Electronics and communication Engineering
- Troubleshooting - Wireshark
- NMS - Cisco Works 2000, HP Openview
- Capacity & performance - IXIA, Spirent
- WAN Technologies: FRAME RELAY, ISDN T1/E1 (PRI/BRI), PPP, ATM, MPLS, leased lines, DSL modems
- LAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, NAT/PAT, FDDI
- Routing protocols: RIP, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP
- Switching Protocols: VTP, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLANs and LACP
- Layer 3 switching: CEF, Multi-Layer Switching, Ether channel
- Carrier-Technologies: MPLS, MPLS-VPN
- Redundancy protocols: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
- Security Protocols: IKE, IPsec, SSL, AAA, Access-lists, prefix-lists.
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite, MS SQL Server 2008, HTML.
- Language: Unix, Turbo C / C++.
Confidential, Boston MA, USA May 2010 - Till Date
Position - Network Test Engineer
- Interoperability testing of Catalyst 6500 switches and other Switches
- Setup various configurations and test various features before enabling them into live network
- Worked mainly on VTP,STP protocols on Layer 2 and OSPF and RIP on Layer 3
- Provided support to Help Desk for complex/major network problems.
- Work closely with Cisco and other vendors to monitor performance and new feature implementation on company network.
- Implemented secure Internet connection using access-list via Cisco 7200 Series Router.
- Work with other Provider sites for implementing new software and hardware
- Configured routing on Cisco 3640 Series Routers using OSPF, BGP, and RIP and did redistribution for eachrouting protocol to talk to each other.
- Managed, troubleshot, and maintainedall LAN infrastructure for the firm
- Create test plans for verification of new features before releasing to live network
- Diagnosedhardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
- Installed Ciscoroutersand switches, configuredIP addresses, network printers and wireless connection.
- Worked with wireshark tool to capture the packets at the time of debugging.
- Conduct throughput testing and No Drop rate testing for various topologies.
- Log bugs with CISCO and other vendors if any issue on Software or Hardware
- Document the issues on each software and re test those on new release.
Confidential, Springfield, IL March 2008 - April 2010
Position: Network Test Engineer
The Illinois Department of Central Management Services (CMS) provides a broad range of programs and services to other state agencies and to the general public ranging from procurement and IT expertise, to personnel and benefits, also to management of many properties around Illinois.
- Vast experience in developing and testing network topologies.
- Good command in network test procedures to verify the requirements.
- Maintained complex LAN/WAN networks with several VLANS and provided support for routing protocols.
- Ability to develop and document operational and network crisis response procedures.
- Analyze, log, track and complex software and hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues.
- Experienced in implementation and troubleshooting knowledge of protocols and technologies, especially in the following: BGP4, OSPF, IPv4, Ethernet, ATM, FR and MPLS.
- Setting up Throughput testing, No Drop Rate for different topologies and routing features.
- Configured and troubleshoot VLAN, VTP, STP and Trunks.
- Skilled in using network protocol analyzers - Adtech, Spirent, Fireberd, Agilent, Sniffer and Ethereal Installed and maintained all LAN hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network devices.
- Performed extensive traffic engineering to best utilize upstream transit providers and peering relationships, resulting in significant fiscal savings.
- Coordinated with network development team and the product testing team and implemented product test cases on networks and identified the root cause.
- Performed analysis on problem and identified bugs. Submitted reports and prepared automated scripts for network.
Confidential, Jan 2005 - March 2008
Position: Software Test/QA Engineer
- Maintaining Cisco routers and switches all the way till development and implementation.
- Setup the LAN in three different locations, which consisted of Windows NT Servers, NT Workstations and Windows 98.
- Configuring & Maintaining Routers (Cisco 3662), Access server (Cisco 3620).
- Review and analysis of production, planning and control.
- Resource Allocation to projects based on Skill testing and analysis.
- Technical support, solutions for Value Added Services.
- Participated in the requirement gathering phase of building the corporate network.
- Monitoring & troubleshooting the WAN links, Routers, leased line modem.
- Planning and implementation of IP addressing scheme using Subnetting, VLSM & CIDR.
- Worked with project team members to make decisions on the draft design of the network.
- Worked with other team members in testing of the network architecture.
- Participated in quality system implementation project.