- 2+ years of professional experience in Production environment of Network security, server maintenance and technical support for the data centers of the client.
- Very good understanding of Vulnerability assessment, ad - hoc vulnerability scans using tools and co-ordinate fixes on the findings.
- Hands on experience of security administration using IDS, IPS, NAT, ACL configuration, firewall DMZ.
- Troubleshoot network issues and knowledge of networking protocols like BGP, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, TCP/IP, UDP.
- Strong knowledge in Networking topics such as OSI Layers, DNS, DHCP, NAT, Monitoring tools, Cloud Management, Access Control, Security.
- Grasp on IPv4,IPv6, Subnet masking and automate processes using python, shell scripting
- Very much familiar with work culture and team work, can attain goals even in stressed environment.
Programming languages: C, C++, Java, MySQL
Software: Mat lab, Multisim, Cadence, RiverBed, Simulink, VMware, Wireshark
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7/8.1, Red Hat Linux, Mac OS
Network Security Administrator
- Mapping out a network, discover ports and services running on different exposed network and security devices.
- Conducted vulnerability assessments on network and security devices using various open source and commercial tools.
- Performed vulnerability assessment on Windows and Linux servers using tools such as Nessus and Nexpose.
- Conducted penetration tests on networks, servers and launch exploits using Metaspoilt modules and other manual scripts.
- Manually validated report findings to reduce false positivesand suggested remediation/mitigation plan.
- Coordinated with administrators during the closure of reported risks/vulnerabilities and audited configuration of network, security devices.
- Periodic review of standard operation procedures to ensure that they are up-to-date and risk focused.
- Experience with change control policy, procedures and Vendor management to ensure continuity of services.
- Install, Support, maintain and provide upgrades to network elements like LAN,WAN, routers, switches, firewalls and VPN
- Data logger is microprocessor-based system, which logs the information about the relays. It is the main source of information in Indian Railways.
- Worked on the circuit design, architecture and working of a data logger, monitoring tools used.
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition uses coded signal over the channels to remotely control the operations.
- Controlled and monitored devices such as relays, signals, motors, pumps, logged all the information.