- 7+ years of extensive professional experience in Windows 2003/2008 R2/2012 R2 Servers, Active Directory.
- Experience in troubleshooting AD issues (DNS, Replication, Server related issues & User related issues)
- Extensive experience in supporting Win 2003, Win XP, Win Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
- 4 Years of experience in Windows operating system and applications support.
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing multiple Active Directory Forests and Domains for a large, geographically dispersed enterprise.
- Expertise in Migration Using Quest Migration Manager Tool for Active Directory
- Expertise in managing the users and objects using Identity Manager
- Managing Backups and restore of domain controllers using Dell Recovery Backup Manager Tool.
- Experience deploying and managing Microsoft WSUS.
- Experience working with SQL Servers.
- Experience in updating Active Directory Sites and Services.
- Experience working in datacenter environment.
- Experience in implementing, administering, supporting ADFS, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, NFS.
- Experience in Monitoring and maintain systems hardware, operating systems, and related infrastructure to ensure reliable operation.
- Experience in promoting and decommissioning Domain Controller.
- Experience in providing day to day support for Active Directory, Messaging and collaboration services.
- Experience in migrating 1000+ Active Directory and member servers.
- Experience in upgrading and patching servers.
- Experience in analyzing and designing strategies for Active directory groups cleanup.
- Experience with configuring Group Policy Objects to secure a Windows infrastructure.
- Experience in PowerShell scripting.
- Experience in deploying and managing Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
- Experience in designing and implementing AD migrations using ADMT and Quest.
- Experience in Windows 2003/ 2008/2012 Servers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP administration, trouble shooting and implementation.
- Creation of Identity Management process, strategy, best practice and architecture documentation including Access Management, Password Management, DAP Management, Provisioning, Delegated Administration.
- Knowledge on SCCM 2012.
- Experience working closely with Security Service teams for least privilege configurations.
- Experience in creating and maintain group policy objects for Windows servers host access.
- Experience in creating and maintaining documentation used in the installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, operating systems, and related infrastructure.
- Experience in analyzing system issues to determine root cause, and work with concerned teams in testing and implementing fix to resolve issues.
- Proficiency in VMware. Installation and monitoring Virtual environments with ESX 4.x/5.x Servers and Virtual Center.
- Used VMware for testing various applications on different operating system
- Coordinate with service providers, vendors and various teams throughout the organization to ensure timely resolution on all computer related systems and peripherals.
- Monitor performance of Windows Server environment and take appropriate proactive measures to prevent impacts.
- Design and develop specialized automation tools, scripts, and processes for the administration and performance monitoring of Windows systems
- Provide 3rd level support for issues pertaining to the Windows systems as needed
- Identifying application dependencies and making them work smoothly together. Trace configuration and operation issues with problem applications.
- Experience in implementing Group Policies at domain level, OU levels to satisfy various security needs in the enterprise.
- Experience in GPO for securing/ locking workstations. Setup policies with GPO.
- Experience in implementing AD schema changes as per organizational needs.
- Experience in deploying PKI Infrastructure.
- Experience managing Servers, PCs, Laptops, and Printers & Peripherals.
- Experience in troubleshooting Office 365 client end issues.
- Strong commitment to high quality of work and timely deliverables.
- Experienced in troubleshooting problems related to applications installed on Windows servers
- Strong commitment to high quality of work and timely deliverables
- Ability to conceptualize and deliver new methods to increase quality, productivity and reduce costs. Visionary with proven ability to inspire individuals to work toward common goals and accomplish desired results
Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012R2
LDAP Directories: Active Directory and Sun Directory Server
Scripting languages: Power shell, Batch
Databases: SQL server 2000/2005, DB2 and MS Access
Migration Tool: Quest Migration Manager V8.8 & V8.10, ADMT
Backup Tool: Dell Recovery Manager Tool
Patching Tool: SCCM, Blade Logic
Workstations: Windows XP, 7,8,10
AD Command line Tools: Ds query, Ad find, G update, Ds get, Dc promo
Ticketing: CA Service Desk, Lotus notes, Tracer
Virtualization: Hyper V
Networking: DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Active Directory Engineer
- A member of the global Active Directory/Wintel Engineering team. The environment consisting of 100+ Domain Controllers and 1000+ Windows Servers and multiple forests.
- Windows 2003 Active Directory Design and Integration
- Active Directory Specialist with in - depth knowledge of Active Directory design including domain design and architecture, GPO design and OU design.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, managing and operating the world wide Active Directory and IT infrastructure implementations.
- Windows Automation using Windows Scripting Host and VBScript.
- Good understanding about AD replication and how to troubleshoot replication problems.
- Regularly review operational processes for efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with a view to instigate a continuous process of improvement.
- Efficiently managed 400 Windows 2008 R2 Server updates and security patches with WSUS
- Hands-on experience administering AD Group Policy and understanding how Group Policy works.
- Understanding of database clients such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- Upgraded existing Windows 2000 domain (Active Directory) to Windows 2003 domain. Part of "Active Directory Engineering" team.
- Worked with the Exchange Team to integrate Exchange 2000 with AD.
- Assisted the Exchange Team with setting up ADC connection agreements.
- Part of a team that takes care of Exchange Server 2010, Outlook and Messaging (Lync 2010) issues.
- Federating with Vendors using ADFS to implement Single Sign on and Writing Customize Claims Rules to achieve multifactor authorization.
- User and Object Identity Management across multiple Domains using Fore Front Identity Manager 2010.
- Maintain and update the PKI and ADFS environment and implement and maintain Azure Active Directory Sync servers.
- Migrating Users, Groups, Workstations and Application window Servers from Source domain to Target domain Using QMM in AD Domain.
- Configured scheduled task to automate User Creation and Mailbox creation through Power Shell on regular intervals as per business needs.
- Written custom scripts to help in the Migration and other operational tasks using VB and ADSI.
- Assisted development teams who are now taking advantage of “Active Directory” for authentication and sometimes authorization, with “Active Directory” related issues.
- Modified the Microsoft DLL to enforce Password Complexity requirements to suit our requirements.
- Implemented “Active Roles” for AD administration, for “Help Desk”
Environment: Active Directory, Windows servers, ADFS,FIM,QMM, WSUS, Forests, GPO, Oracle, SQL Server, Exchange, Power Shell, Migration, Scripts, Help Desk.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Active Directory Engineer
- Manage & support a large client base Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2 in a multi domain/forest Active Directory of more than 3500 windows server on 24x7x365 basis in an enterprise infrastructure.
- Administration & management of delegation using Quest Active Roles server.
- Installation, Administration & Troubleshooting of Windows 2003/2008R2( physical & virtual) active directory domain controllers, sites, AD replication, DNS, WINS using, RDP/ILO(Compaq /HP), IMM on IBM HS22 blades.
- Create. Manage, modify, troubleshoot GPO’s using GPO Admin or GPMC
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution of IP Services - DNS, DHCP, and WINS, using Tivoli.
- Developed custom Identity Management component to synchronize Active Directory, LDAP, and legacy systems.
- Need to gather data for User and computer migration and prepare for the file to be upload in Quest migration manager.
- Install and Configure Quest Tools for monitoring changes on Domain Controllers.
- Testing & implementing patches in QA, Dev and Production environment, using SCCM or manually
- Developed custom web based self-service identity management website using ASP.Net technology.
- Health checks of the servers (dcdiag/netdiag/nltest/repadmin/replmonetc, VB scripts) and resolving directory & windows OS related issues.
- Migrated archived mailboxes to O365 using native tools & Quest Migration tool.
- Created tenant account in Office 365 for domain.
- Support Users on setting up Outlook 2010 accounts to Exchange Server 2010
- Analyze and build virtual servers for applications (120+ servers) using Power Shell scripts
- Coordinate with external vendors for hardware/software (HP/Microsoft/Quest/Symantec) related issues.
- Server administration and monitoring for 30+ physical VMware ESX servers and 200+ virtual machines, including Windows and Linux
- Manage Microsoft infrastructure on VMware /VSphere environment.
- Use Remedy for ticket/change/incident management(ITIL process)
- Closely work with the application development teams to resolve any windows related issues.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2, Active Directory,Identity Management, Quest ARS, DNS, WINS, GPO, SCCM, and Health checks, VB Script, Power Shell, Quest Migration Manager, VMware, Exchange, VSphere, ITIL, Ticketing.
- Provide day to day support for Active Directory infrastructures.
- Troubleshooting AD related issues (DNS, Replication, server and User related issues).
- Troubleshooting AD user account lockout issues.
- Troubleshooting on AD trust related issues.
- Troubleshooting Active directory permissions.
- Creating group policy objects as per security requirements.
- Identifying and cleaning stale records in AD environment.
- Identifying uncertain AD groups and cleaning up accordingly.
- Administer the working of Microsoft Exchange and provided support for any server related issue.
- Performed daily system monitoring, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Take backup of group policies from production ADDS servers and configure the same in Test environment using power shell scripts
- Performed daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to appropriate media, media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Maintained Active Directory computers & user accounts.
- Regulated troubleshooting for the two tiers support of the system.
- Coordinated with the external agencies to resolve any up gradation issues of the system.
- Served as first level for client interface by providing solutions.
- Created migration plan to assist technical staff in performing mailbox moves.
- Troubleshooting Mail flow Issues.
- Troubleshooting performance issues.
- Troubleshooting Outlook issues.
- Coordinated with engineering and development teams in implementing and executing the future design of messaging environment as a part of technology convergence initiative.
- Communicated to end-users, management, and any call/problem tracking system regarding status of reported problems/projects.
Environment: Active Directory, MS Exchange, User accounts, Power Shell,Group policy, DNS, Outlook, Backup and Cleanup.
Systems Support Engineer
- Troubleshooting and installations of software’s and operating systems as well as assembling Desktop Computers.
- Integral Part of the Technical Support Team for the company.
- Switch and LAN connectivity for users.
- Troubleshooting and Managing Network Environment.
- Creating and managing users.
- Windows TCP I/P configuration.
- Maintenance and installation of network printers.
- User management through Active Directory.
- Remote installation services implementation.
Environment: Active Directory, Operating systems, User accounts, LAN, TCP I/P, Network printers.