- Dynamic technical professional with 20+ years of experience in the resolution of network and software issues, consulting and end - user services, PC assembly and repair, and help desk support.
- Proven leadership ability with teams of various sizes and abilities. Proven coaching, training and mentoring skills to further expertise of team members. Excellent track record as a reliable and hardworking employee.
- Highly experienced in the installation, upgrade, configuration, testing and maintenance of servers and workstations. Proactive leader with a superior work ethic able to think outside the box.
- Effective in work situations with multiple, concurrent and senior-level responsibilities. Experienced in overseeing full project lifecycle from initial planning through final delivery.
- Knowledgeable in computer hardware, 3rd party software, operating systems, network infrastructure, client-server architecture and peripheral components. Skilled in supervising technical professionals.
- Quick learner with an ability to rapidly achieve organizational integration, assimilate job requirements and employ new ideas, concepts, methods and technologies. Energetic and self-motivated team player.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, intuitive, technical, analytical, problem solving and leadership skills. Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and team environments.
- Windows 9.x-Windows 8.1 Blackberry/Iphone/Ipad/Driod Client/Server Architecture LAN/WAN MS Exchange Server 5.5 MS Outlook MS Office 9.x-2013 Remedy/Heat Ethernet TCP/IP and IPX/SPX Ghost/Power Quest/MDT Hubs, Routers and switches HP, IBM, Tektronix, Toshiba, Compaq Systems, Dell and Lenovo Network Essentials SQL 6.5/2000 Hyper V Terminals LANDesk Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Windows 2003/2008 Server VPN Active Sync mail setup on PDA, IPhone, Ipad, Droid RightFax Server.
Confidential, Madison, NJ
- Leadership responsibilities for a team of 11 technicians of various levels & locations; plus consultants on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for building the team through training, coaching and asset development including career planning. Annual evaluations of reporting staff on performance. Provided coaching and guidance in areas needing improvement; provided performance improvement goals where needed; terminated staff if needed.
- Managed projects of varying sizes - from large scale system upgrades to small scale application updates.
- Managed expectations regarding timeline and scope to ensure projects were completed on time and with quality results
- Responsible for meeting delivery targets for multiple projects simultaneously. Coordinated responsibilities for all technicians involved to ensure timelines were met.
- Monitor workload and progress to ensure service requests were completed within required SLAs. Working closely with the team, we achieved 98% SLA compliance in each quarter of 2015 and 2016, demonstrating quarter over quarter improvement from previous years.
- Maintain a strong communication level with the team members and all levels of management regarding progress, status and blocking issues to ensure expectations are accurate.
- Provided status reports regarding progress, impediments and risks to upper management as the projects progressed through implementation.
- Comfortable escalating to upper management when the projected scope or timeline for a project was not going to ensure complete and comprehensive delivery. .
- Worked very closely with managers and leaders for collaboration and information sharing.
- Maintained service to responsible offices in addition to leadership responsibilities.
Confidential, Madison, NJ
Field Service Technician
- Provided quality support to 17 Offices in the NJ metro area. Researched reported issues and provided timely resolution. Maintained system functionality to enable office staff to perform their duties with little to no downtime.
- Provide management coverage, escalation assistance and primary point of contact for team members and upper management in the absence of immediate supervisor to enable work to continue without issue.
- Configured Agent’s equipment to connect to wireless system and/or Exchange server through Active Sync and BES to enable connectivity to business systems.
- Implemented systems (i.e. Hyper V, MDT) to improve processes used by team member including NY, NJ and PA technicians.
- Improved team productivity by creating images of system environments to expedite restoration of services.
- Timely resolution of issues reported by offices under my support. Ensured work tickets were resolved within a reasonable period of time.
- Supported fellow team members including issue resolution, training and troubleshooting assistance
- Created new AD, email and RightFax account for new Employees and Agents.
- Performed as LANDesk administrator for NJ, LI, PA, Central PA and Pittsburg
- Performed email migration from Zimbra to Office 365
Network Administrator / IT Manager
- Upgraded workgroup environment to a domain environment. Installed and configured Windows Server 2003. Created organizational group and created user accounts. Installed and configured Norton Anti-virus server and configured all workstations to get all updates from server. Re-configured all workstations to connect to domain. Assist end-users with hardware and software problems. Installed and configured Vertias Backup Exec. Created an Act website and FTP site. Maintain Watchguard firewall.
Network Administrator / IT Manager
- Provided onsite technical support at Primedia Financial Shared Service Group Inc. in Princeton, NJ. Resolved Exchange e-mail, database, connectivity, hardware and 3rd party software problems.
- Installed and configured MS Exchange 2000, maintained a Clarus accounting server, and configured VPN for Clarus users requiring remote access. Configured NT 4.0 on Compaq servers and Dell workstations.
- Installed and configured Outlook on workstations for personal folders (pst), personal address book (psb) and Internet (POP) mail settings. Upgraded Bottomline (check-writing) to 32-bit and installed SQL 2000.