VOIP Lead Technician/Engineer
- Managing a team of ten VoIP/telecom technical professionals in various VoIP telephone solutions & installations.
- Utilizing Remedy ticketing system to managing ticketing queues for Change request and/or Incident request Optimizing resources and skill sets to quick response to customers network / communications needs.
- Using Call Center applications Web tools and CICM element to maintain and trouble shooting phone issues
- Managing remedy ticketing queues for Change request and/or Incident request for assigned team members to ensure real time reporting and ticketing closure.
- Training technicians on Companies processes and procedures for implementing Classified/ Unclassified Data connections for ISDN, Analog, and VOIP dial tone.
- Using CS2100 Avaya phone switches, Cisco, Extreme, and Juniper networking switches to deliver clear VoIP dial tone to customers desk top and devices, along with network connectivity to customers PC (personal computer).
- Assigning users to network Vlans, while trouble shooting physical network problems and incidents documenting resolutions. Briefing Management and Government personnel with project status to ensure project is still on schedule.
- Hands on experience with CISCO and EXTREM network switching for port activations on classified and NON - Classified port classifications.
- Assign users to Network VLANS, Troubleshoot physical network problems and incidents and resolve them.
- Training Project technicians and MAC teams technicians on Confidential ’s processes and procedures for implementing Classified and Unclassified ISDN dial tone from Verizon switch OE’s/ House Pairs, to Telephone Closets, on to customers desk top.
- Trained Team members on proper labling and patching schemes
- Directing the planning, Execution, and coordination of equipment, timelines, and delivery of several hundred; Move, Adds, and Changes (MAC)’s on Classified and Unclassified data networks within the Confidential infrastructure to include Help Desk tickets, meeting Confidential ’s “stringent” metrics on delivery of service tickets of 1.5 hours to 6 hours, and Mac’s within a five (5) business day installation metric, achieving a100% metric “Award Fee” for Confidential . Responsible for installing Fiber Optic and Copper Cables (Cat 5E/Cat6) distributed within Telecommunication Closets (TCs) throughout the Confidential . Supervise and execute the installation of racks, network switches, patch panels, light guides for fiber runs of single and multi-mode cables ranging from 12 to 72 strands of fiber including labeling and termination within the TC’s.
- While work on the Confidential Renovation Project I was responsible for Cat5e/Cat6 and fiber optic cabling pulling for all branches of the military, termination of fiber/copper cables at workstations and Telco Closets.
- Tested fiber cables with OTDR tester and noise tester.
- Tested copper cables with Omni micro tester and micro scanner. Troubleshot voice/data network problems for all military branches.
- Testing, toning, re-terminating problem fiber/copper drops. Responsible for implementation of MAC work (moves, adds, changes), updating cut-sheets and punch list.
- Provided support for Confidential ISDN phone system installations, consisting of power rack 96 ISDN NT1 can, and NT1 cards, 66 blocks, 25 pair cables and 3 pair cross connecting wire in all of the Wedges bringing dial tone from Verizon Dmarc to customers desktop. Insuring thousands of office personnel were back up and functioning after the September 11 attracts to place