- Assure1/AssureNow / Monolith NMS
- WebEx, LMS, Go - to-Training (Citrix)
- Salesforce, Hargray HES, MS Sharepoint
- MS Visio, Adobe Flash, MS Excel
- Articulate Storyline and Camtasia.
- VMWare, Virtual Box, VNC and Skype
- MySQL, MetaSolv and BMC Remedy
- Various vendor EMS and NMS systems
- SONET, DWDM, CWDM and GPON
- 802.11, G.709, GR 253, RFC 2344
- TCP/IP, UDP, H.323, OSI, OTN, OTS
- DNS, SNMPv2c, OSPF, SNMPv3, IPv4
- FCAPS, MTOSI
- MD5, SHA, SCP, SFTP, SSH
- Juniper Networks
- Fujitsu Network Communications
- Calix, Adtran, Infinera
- Ciena / Nortel Networks
- Cyan Networks
- Alcatel Lucent
- OTDR, OSA, VFL and Sniffers
- EXFO, Viavi and TBERD
- Various software tools
- Self-built standalone NMS server with network protocol analyzer
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEConfidential, Norcross, GA
OSS Systems/Network Administrator
- Supported OSS/network management infrastructure and performance using the Assure1 / Monolith NMS.
- Maintained network management database of all company and customer premise equipment.
- Enabled monitoring of supporting IT systems and capital resources including servers, switches, routers, CMTS nodes, video processors and customer cable modems.
- Cross-trained engineering peers in DWDM, OTN, GPON and SONET network technologies.
- Established metric collection and tracking for all network elements using MySQL queries, and MariaDB database scripting.
- Created and managed all user security access to NMS/OSS platform.
- Created SNMP MIB rules in PERL to support monitoring of new hardware brought into the Hargray network.
- Produce training documentation to enable NOC technicians for expanded responsibilities of minor administration tasks.
- Managed multiple Linux CentOS 7/ Linux Red Hat servers to maintain the Assure1 distributed NMS platform.
- Built external server and created automation to capture production server backups for offsite warehousing.
- Created more than 30 testing, backup, auditing and information aggregation applications for Hargray’s network management servers using a combination of BASH scripting and Linux cron jobs.
Confidential, Norcross, GA
Network Design Engineer
- Worked with various Hargray teams to prepare network design packages for deployment of HFC, SIP, AE, WDM and GPON services in new and expanding markets such as Macon and Valdosta Georgia.
- Prepared detailed drawings, cost estimates and material requirements for planned installation of OSP/ISP facilities.
- Provided as-built drawings of circuit layout mappings for technicians.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Optical Network Engineer
- Served as primary remote optical transport network (OTN /DWDM) engineer (based in Atlanta area).
- Provided vendor-level DWDM, CWDM subject matter expertise for large and small network service providers.
- Hired, trained and managed regional “smart hands” field teams for local OEM support in New York, Ohio and Georgia.
- Provided implementation support for Integra customers using ADVA Network Planner (NP) and Cisco CTP (Cisco Transport Planner) applications.
- Assisted with network support tasks for service provider engineers using WebEx and other screen sharing tools.
- Provided hands-on maintenance, installations, augmentation, and latency testing of ADVA and Cisco DWDM hardware.
- Performed maintenance tasks supporting ADVA FSP 3000R7, Cisco 15454, Cisco NCS2K/4K and Fujitsu 7420 hardware.
- Served as Sales Engineer providing expertise allowing the completion of two service contracts with Verizon, which were two of Integra’s largest engineering support contracts.
- Led software upgrades of Verizon’s Cisco transport network supporting its LTE networks.
Confidential, Marietta, GA
Broadband Detail Engineer
- Produced DWDM, CWDM, GPON and ADSL2 network designs (CLR/DLRs) using MetaSolv (MSS).
- Created Methods of Procedure (MOPs), and generated Remedy tickets for deployment incident tasks.
- Maintained product knowledge of ADTRAN, Calix, access DSLAM and aggregator products.
- Created iPACs, detailed Bills of Material (BOM), and Cable/Jumper Run Lists (JRL/CRL).
- Recorded and tracked project progression using web-based project management tools.
- Conducted research using database and OSS tools including CMS, Planet Operate, and Aquarium.
- Utilized JobTrac to manage project costs, forecast project expenses, and to produce engineering work orders.
- Ordered project parts needed through WinBUY system.
Confidential, Norcross, GA
Sr. Training Engineer
- Instructed in classroom and on customer worksites to technical and non-technical teams, supporting the FSP 3000R6, FSP 3000R7, FSP 3000RE, FSP3000RE II, FSP 150cc, Fujitsu 7420 T8 and Fujitsu 7420 T7.
- Assisted in Proof of Concept (PoC) testing for FSP 3000 R7 transport and network management products.
- Built LMS lessons using various screen capture, and production tools such as Camtasia and Articulate Storyline.
- Created illustrations and class material with MS PowerPoint, Adobe Flash, MS Visio and other tools.
- Distributed supplementary learning material through cloud file sharing.
- Taught SONET, DWDM, GPON and ADVA’s FSP NMS for American customer support and R&D teams.
- Served as senior instructor for EFI, OAMP and FCAPS for enablement of ADVA’s EM / NMS / OSS customers.
- Maintained consistent customer feedback surveys scores of greater than 95% for hardware and software training.
- Trained classes for, proctored and served as primary signatory for the ADVA Certified Expert (ACE) certifications.