Networks Engineer with 20+ years of experience in the fields of network administration and information system. Lan/Wan infrastructure, information technology administration, and professional services, with emphasis on detecting, responding and preventing network outages, wireless and cyber security incidents.
Confidential - Miami, FL
- Manage data center and day to day network equipment. Installing and supporting LAN & WAN (Protocols IP, BGP, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, Ether Channel).
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Switches (Catalyst, Nexus) and Routers (1800, 2800, 3600, ASR1000).
- Worked on initiatives supporting and monitoring computer systems, networks for a new production Microsoft Azure Cloud Environment.
- Identify and analyze network requirements to develop detailed design specifications for data traffic as well as network growth, security, and enhancements by maximizing functionality of network equipment.
- Implement assigned projects for completion from beginning to end (i.e., design, configure, install, etc.) to include consulting with end-users to determine the scope and objectives of proposed networking configurations.
- Monitor network equipment and accurate analysis of systems alarms using SolarWinds (SNMP, NETFLOW) and other tools providing support in a timely and accurate manner to resolve issues.
- Analyze data traffic patterns within network infrastructure to detect operational problems and recommends improvements to ensure optimal performance.
- Administration of all network related equipment and day to day operations, ticketing system and business partners related issues. Create and update network documentation, process and procedures accordingly to the company internal needs.
Confidential - Deerfield Beach, FL
Technical Consultant, Wireless & Mobility Advance Security
- Cisco Catalyst switches configuration and implementation of Cisco (29XX/37XX/38XX/45XX/65XX)-OS/IOS
- Cisco edge router configuration and implementation of C(36XX/7XXX/9XXX) NXOS/ASR (Aggregation Services Router) 100X IOS XE.
- Knowledge, configuration and implementation of Cisco Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 3K (NX-OS). Knowledge of Cisco Firewalls - PIX, ASA, 55XX (Configuration and implementation). Exposure to QOS basic configuration and design.
- MPLS configuration and troubleshooting, EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, MPLS, Multicast, DMVPN, VRF, GRE. Network Design and implementation of Cisco Nexus solutions in the Data Center.
- Knowledge of Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager & Guest system. Review and document existing Wireless Controller configurations, Assess current ClearPass configuration, AirWave review, and Access Point placement and relocation assessment of the new wireless solution design.
- Understanding of Wi-Fi 802.11 networks and routing protocols and TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
- Providing enterprise network improvement engineering support for wired and wireless networking.
- Experience configuring 802.1xfor port-based Network Access Control, Wired Networking, Aruba Wireless Networking, TACACS+
- Aruba Networks Instant Virtual Controller for WLAN deployment and implementation
- Aruba Airwave configuration and implementation to manage WLAN AP and controller infrastructure
- Replace the current master controller (3600) with a model 7205 and migrate the licensing to the new hardware. Replace the current local controller (3600) with a model 7210 and migrate the licensing to the new hardware
- Assist customer with functional testing post installation of all Aruba IAP 205, 325 series
- Install two (2) new ClearPass appliances and add two (2) new ClearPass 5K appliances to the current VM Platform cluster as subscribers. Promote one (1) of the new ClearPass appliances to publisher and decommission the VM platform ClearPass server
- Onsite configuration and implementation of a complete LAN, WAN, WLAN using Aruba 5400 switch as Core, IDF 3800 Switches, Aruba Airwave server configuration along with multiple deployment of Aruba IAP.
- Onsite configuration and implementation of Cisco router MPLS circuit and VPN tunnel for a customer overseas.
Confidential - Florida
- Administered Cisco Routers 2600, 2800, 3900. Cisco Catalyst 3700, 3800, 5500, 6500, Nexus Switches 5000 & 7000 Series, Cisco Wireless AP and Cisco Works 2000
- Managed Bluecoat SG Proxy/Content Filtering devices implementing companywide internet policies categorizing internet website and threats.
- Administered day to day corporate wide Infoblox 550 DNS/DHCP grid operations. Using this approach, we concentrated all local and branch DNS/DHCP appliances into one single Grid to easily manage a ll operation from one single management device.
- Configured and supported F5 BIG-IP equipment corporate wide LTM Local Traffic Manager, protecting company’s Internet-facing applications, delivered via secure proxy and encrypted SSL traffic management, optimizing and load balancing application traffic among multiple pool servers and URLs.
- Troubleshoot day to day F5 operations and health status on virtual server or connectivity issues, modified and managed pools for performance issues, also performed basic troubleshooting on performance issues and device management response and connectivity issues.
- Performed and analyzed packed traces during major connectivity or performance issues. Opened support tickets with F5 for major images upgrade or hardware issues. Configured proper DNS settings corresponding with configured VIPs and DNS lookup and name resolution.
- Knowledge of the following Protocols IP, BGP, HSRP, EIGRP, Ether Channel. Configured MPLS circuits to enabled remote offices access to Confidential corporate WAN.
- Configured and designed address translations (NAT and PAT) when implemented new VPN with Business Partners. Configuring static routes, authentication and authorization.
- Support for all corporate LAN switches and WAN routers, firewalls management, troubleshooting layer 2 and 3 issues, IP routing, network addressing, and network segmentation, support and maintenance.
- Designed network diagrams LAN / WAN / MPLS topology for network upgrade projects assigned to me.
- Worked on Video conferencing deployment over IP using Polycom systems which will provide substantial operational efficiencies and cost savings to our company.
- Managed and implemented all technical aspects for network conversion to Cisco Hardware of all Latin-American offices. Installed, configured and implemented Cisco switches 3000 series and routers 2000 series
- Worked on the corporate wide upgrades to manage and secure new wireless infrastructure comprised of Cisco Access Points and Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controller.
- Managed enterprise Internet Firewall Project which included Cisco PIX firewall, Cisco VPN concentrators, enabling major campus, branches offices securing access to WAN cloud, Internet access, Business Partners site to site connectivity, including hardware, software installation and configuration.
- Implemented Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) content-routing technology that allows us to ingrate web sense with Bluecoat Content Gateway.
- Implemented and managed day to day operation of company’s Cisco ASA firewall, ACL, Security threats. Managed and maintained performance upgrades on the local campus wireless infrastructure comprised of Cisco APs.
- Participated in the planning and implementation of campus network backbone project (Access, Distribution and Core) with Cisco Switches 10/100 to improve network performance from Token Ring to Ethernet Migration Project. Worked on the implementation of DNS/DHCP client administration, using CNR (Cisco Network Register) software to manage DNS/DHCP administration.
- Experience administering, installing, configuring, patching, upgrading, Windows Servers as well as configuring and maintaining an Active Directory Forest, PKI, DNS, DHCP, BGP.