- Innovative and technically sophisticated Senior Engineer with extensive experience managing telecommunications teams and operations on a national and local basis.
- Skilled in all levels of access engineering with over two decades of experience at various small and large telecommunications companies.
- Effective manager capable of recruiting and training technical teams while managing operations, budgets, and resources to streamline processes.
- Time - tested expertise in regulatory requirements and compliance with local and federal telecommunications requirements.
- Accomplished team leader, engineer, and executive-level telecommunications leader.
- Exceled as Chief Technology Officer for an independent telecommunications company, expanding customer markets by 45% over the course of two years and adding 2k+ new customers in data and video services alone.
- Revitalized fiber and copper networks in over 30+ locations through effective negotiations and system designs as a CTO.
- Helped grow Confidential Telecommunications as Network Operations Director through effective executive-level leadership, business development, recruitment, and financial management.
- Network Engineering
- Telecommunications Services
- Team Leadership
- Telephone/Cable Networks
- Site Launch/Redesign
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Client Relationships
- Regulatory Compliance
- Network Design
- Financial Management
- Process Improvements
- Technical Team Management
Protocols: ISO/OSI layers, T1/T3, FDDI, ATM, ISDN, Frame Relay, X.25, SONET, IPSEC, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, OSPF, PPP, HTTP, TL1, CHAP, PAP, Cable DOCIS.
Operating Systems / Software: Windows 2000, HP OpenView, DNS, NETSYS, Linux Unbuntu, TL1 command language, ARCserve Backup Software, Microsoft Exchange, Novell NMS, Microsoft OfficeExceed, X Windows.
Hardware: Sun workstations, Cisco PIX Firewalls, Cisco 7500, 3000, 2600 Routers and Cisco 3500, 2900, 5000 Switches, #5 ESS, DMS 1, 100-200 and 500, HP Network Devices, US Robotics, DEC Equipment, Cyan, Hatteras, Confidential C7, E7 DLC, Adtran TA series, ISDN adapters, CSU/DSU’s.
Confidential, Petaluma, CA
Professional Services Engineer
- Principal strategist and founding team member in a new division of Access Engineers specially tasked with building Access Engineering at Confidential from the ground up; responsible for planning, designing, and implementing equipment and systems, maintaining diligent technical documentation, and executing project steps to ensure timely completion.
- Delivered cost-effective results in the initiation of the division, including a 25% cost savings when compared to outside contracting services alongside the growth of a permanent in-house team.
- Integral participant in the creation of policies, strategies, and procedures for all initial phase projects, deployments, and launches; effectively trained staff in the deployment of all access nodes.
Confidential, Little Rock, AR
- Designed and implemented strategies for transport equipment across Arkansas within the telecommunications sector, including cellular site establishment and troubleshooting, DWDM networks, and Ethernet/TDM services.
- Create plans for circuits to streamline delivery of telecom services to networks.
- Designed and developed circuitry and layout for over 400 sites over the course of six years.
- Planned and executed projects on time and approximately 10-25% under budget for three consecutive years.
Confidential, Copperopolis, CA
Manager/Engineer, Third Level Lead Technician
- Led engineering staff in technical troubleshooting and issue resolution of telecom services including telephone, broadband, and IPTV. Served as lead engineer in addition to managerial duties; oversaw complex and highly sensitive projects, such as design engineering for new sites.
- Spearheaded resource allocation among staff and budgets in addition to strict regulatory compliance and awareness among team; liaised with regulatory agencies on a regular basis and fostered positive relationships with regulators.
- Reduced truck rolls by 30% through centralizing of staff, daily assignment coordination, and cross-training of field technicians.
- Provided QA oversight and daily corrections.
- Cumulatively reduced operating costs by 20% and created a successful safety and mentorship program.
- Successfully designed and deployed fiber optic network incorporating multiple services to streamline service delivery in addition to a proprietary power distribution system to reduce operating costs.