- I am an approachable, proactive, technical, business minded individual who is eager to meet new challenges head on while properly using resources.
- I have been a lead, supervisor, and manager in many of the companies.
- I can identify and resolve incidents/issues rapidly.
- I have lead many swat and tiger teams at several companies to quickly bring issues and problems to resolution and to help improve processes to remove and/or mitigate similar issues from reoccurring.
- I have 25 years of experience in large enterprise environments from research and development, NASA, media and entertainment as a Project Manager and Engineer. He is a self - motivated individual who enjoys learning and thrives on challenges and welcomes the opportunity to work in a cross-functional team environment. He is a strong team leader or project manager and maximizes available resources to perform tasks in order to meet operational objectives in a timely and cost effective manner. He has helped several organizations define and implement disaster recovery and business continuance plans. Small and large problems are investigated in great detail and at time bringing cross-functional teams to scrutinize the issues or problems at hand.
- I have lead, supervised and managed technical teams globally. I have managed CAPEX and OPEX budgets. I have managed teams of 6 direct reports and up to 25 matrixed engineers.
- Subject matter exert for Storage SAN/NAS .
- Worked with various operating systems: Linux- RedHat, Centos, Debian and Suse, Solaris, Windows Server 2008/2012R2.
- Working knowledge of backup software: Commvault, Symantec NetBackup, BackupExec, EMC Legato, Avamar, Veeam, and HP Data Proctector.
- Hands-on knowledge of HP EVA and 3PAR, Brocade SAN switches and directors, Cisco MDS, Quantum, BlueArc, Isilon, Hitachi, IBM Shark, Quantum/ADIC/STK/Spectalogic tape libraries, and Network Appliance.
- Scripting capabilities in bash, csh, ksh, perl and python.
- Experience working with a pharmaceutical company to optimize performance on infrastructure databases, server and storage.
- Worked on health care applications to help to bring high availability to the environment while minimizing cost.
- Introduced and installed a manufacturing framework to help reduce cost and waste but yet retain quality.
- Deployed a large archival system for storing electronic designs which was also used to file for patent rights.
- Working on four space mission by NASA and managed a science computing facility for an Earth Observing Mission.
- Windows 2008/2012, VMware, Wintel, CASE, CAD, databases, operating systems, ILM, EMC ECC 5.2.
- Experienced with storage protocols and technologies such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Fiber Channel, NetApp Filers, XFS, and ZFS.
- I have extensive experience with performance tuning storage for databases - Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Sybase, Informatica, Hyperion, and MS SQL. I have tuned storage arrays for VMWare, VDI, and Citrix.
- I have a green belt in six sigma and trained on Lean.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Audit infrastructure processes and components - servers, network, applications and security practices.
- Audited Cisco Meraki placed at Corporate Ernest as well as the 12 divisions.
- Evaluated Solarwinds NPM, NTP tools to automate network monitoring and application latencies and well as security of “hardwired” and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Worked with VOPs and internal ESXi tools to determine performance issues with VSphere 5.5 and VSphere 6.0 clusters.
- Worked with external professional services provider to plan for implementationf redundant WAN connectivity.
- Project storage and performance capacity of infrastructure components fromnetwork, to servers to storage and applications.
- Design an on premise infrastructure to grow with current capacity andperformance needs of the organization including backup.
- Make recommendation for security, and infrastructure needs.
- Assess application performance and make recommendations.
- Determine storage performance needs for the infrastructure and makerecommendations.
- Determine network baseline latencies to and from Ernest Packaging corporateand the 12 remote divisions.
- Determine performance issues regarding Citrix Xen Desktop.
- Planned the upgrade of VMware 5.5 to VMware 6.0.
- Made strong recommendations to cluster core applications.
- Create a roadmap to bring the current infrastructure to 2017 data centerstandards. Developing a plan to upgrade infrastructure to a supportableposture.
- Evaluate current infrastructure needs with regards to connectivity, performancand security needs.
- As Ernest Packaging shifts from a Citrix environment to standalone computedevice, determine the impact to the corporate infrastructure and makerecommendations.
- Planning a migration from Active Directory 2003 to Azure AD and AD 20016-FS.
- Investigating tools to shore up security issues.
- Creating a road-map of products (hardware and software) to determine end-of lifefor replacement of next generation solutions.
- Deployed SolarWinds n-central product for endpoint monitoring, patchmanagement and anti-virus.
- Configure SolarWinds Standalone cloud based backup for 130 servers. Testrecovery of file system, database, and Citrix server. Report estimated recoveryf systems.
Environment: s: VMware, Citrix, Hitachi HUS, Veeam, SAN, Multi-Datacenter, CiscoUCS, Cisco Networking, Palo Alto Firewall, Microsoft Office and Microsoft SQL
Service Delivery Manager
- Managed a staff of 3 highly trained engineers in the support of the storage andbackup infrastructure for the Orange County Data Center.
- Responsible for storage, backup and restore for over 500TB of data.
- Assessed backup licensing for Veeam and Data Protector.
- Capacity and resource forecasting for tape library resources, Data Domainreplication.
- Participated in problem resolution with vendors.
- Project storage and performance capacity of infrastructure components fromnetwork, to servers to storage and applications. Ran tunesys on primary and secondary 3PAR arrays to compact the CPGs. Design an on premise infrastructure to grow with current capacity andperformance needs of the organization including backup.
- Managed SLAs with the customer.
- Validate that hardware and software licensing would meet deliverableexpectations of customer. Re-aligned licensing.
- Contributed to the architecture and deployment of SolarWinds Orion.
- Instrumented SolarWinds application to determine storage resource latencies and performance issues between application servers and the storage platforms.
- Participated in the planning of migrating data from one storage platform toanother.
Environment: s: AIX Servers, Windows server, Linux, MainframeVMware, HP 3PAR, Veeam, HP Data Protector, EMC, Data Domain, SAN, Multi-Datacenter
Senior It Specialist
- Audit storage and application deliveries from 3party vendors (IBM) and application support Cognizant to assure what is being requested is what is being delivered.
- Assure proper trending of storage and backup resources to meet application demands in order to provide un-interrupted capacity and performance.
- Manage vendor relationships to maintain open lines of communications.
- Review work orders to validate the proper levels of detail are in the documents to avoid misconceptions and incomplete deliveries.
- Act as a cross-functional liaison between third parties' storage, backup and recovery, applications, network, and security.
- Participate in the development of new architecture for new storage and backupstrategies which will align the best practices for applications, HIPPA, SECSOX requirements.
Environment: s: UNIX/Linux Servers, VMware, HP storage, Hitachi storage, IBM SVC, TSM backup, NetApp, Storage, SAN, Oracle, SAP Hana, MS SQL, Pega, Multi-Datacenter.
Sr. Storage Engineer
- Ran quarterly health checks on EMC Isilon. Applied patches and gathered performance statistics as need.
- Managed vendor relationships and POCs regarding storage platforms and architectures.
- Configured and deployed NFS and SMB servers with transfer capabilities between 3.5Gb/s and 4.5Gb/s.
- Created storage standards and reference architectures.
- Installed S3/DS3 Black Pearl and T950 Library for long term archive usage.
- Architected and deployed GlusterFS.
- Prototyped Ceph on Ubuntu platform.
- Troubleshoot storage performance for MAC, Window and Linux systems
Environment: s: UNIX/Linux Servers, MAC, Windows servers, VMware, EMC Isilon, SAN, Pre and Post editing support.