- To obtain a challenging position within the IT Field that will utilize current certifications and experience to ensure the organizations success.
- Honorable Discharge from the United States Marine Corps.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self - starter, career oriented and highly motivated. Sincerely dedicated to achieving career goals and recognition in the company.
Sr. Systems Engineer / VMware Engineer
- Completed IT Assessments for other organizations within the Department.
- Managed the ticketing system and trained and assisted junior technicians.
- Installed, configured and managed entire vSphere Infrastructure.
- Ensured Immunization Infrastructure was up and stable.
- Configured and installed ESXi hosts.
- Experienced with VMware 4, 5.0 & 5.1.
- Upgraded vSphere Infrastructure to 5.1.
- Completed over 50 P2V migrations.
- Managed IBM H series and E series Chassis. LS 42, HS21 & HS 22 Blade Experience.
- Created backups and images with Acronis Backup & Recovery.
- Created VM templates and VM clones.
- Patched ESXi host with VMware Update Manager (VUM).
- Managed entire Active Directory Infrastructure. Enterprise Admin Privileges.
- Fixed replication issues. Revamped GPO Infrastructure.
- Installed and configured domain controllers which made the environment more stable.
- Patched systems. Experience with Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008 & 2012 OS.
- Fixed VMware & Windows Issues. Assisted with Desktop Issues.
- Configured entire DNS Infrastructure.
Sr. Systems Engineer / VMware Engineer
- Managed entire VMware vSphere 4 environment.
- Revamped vSphere clusters. Organized DNS resolution on ESXi Hosts.
- Installed and configured ESXi hosts.
- Performed P2V migrations. Created VM templates and VM clones.
- Patched ESXi host utilizing VMware Update Manager (VUM).
- Created Standard Operating Procedures for VMware.
- Deployed servers utilizing VM templates.
- Installed needed agents, i.e. SCOM,SCCM, McAfee, etc…
- Pre-staged servers in Active Directory before deployment.
- Troubleshot vSphere issues, i.e. network connectivity, database issues, GUID issues, etc…
- Installed, configured and managed Windows Server 2003 & 2008 member servers.
- Deployed Virtual Center. Created data centers and clusters.
- Created templates & Deployed clones.
- Deployed VMware lab for testing purposes.
- Managed an entire DoD enterprise consisting of DC’s, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, SQL and WINS Servers.
- Created Standard Operating Procedures for Systems Analyst.
Sr. Principal Systems Engineer / VMware Engineer
- Managed VMware vSphere Environment as the Tier III VMware engineer.
- Deployed images to thin clients via SCCM.
- Appointed Lead Systems Administrator for the Lab environment.
- Installed, Configured and Managed VMware ESX & ESXi Servers and Virtual Center Server, VI3 & vSphere 4.
- Configured VMware Distributed Resource Scheduling, High Availability and Fault Tolerance.
- Performed vMotion, cold & hot cloning and created VM templates.
- Converted Physical to Virtual utilizing VMware Converter.
- Installed Secured ESX scripted installs and open secured setting via Linux commands.
- Installed Virtual Center Data Center and clusters in lab environment.
- Created VM’s and modified VM settings and configured network in virtual environment.
- Developed and approved test plans.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS,GPO’s, SQL and Exchange.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2003/2000 and Exchange Server 2007/2003/5.5.
- Designed Visio diagrams with current MTL elevation and infrastructure drawings.
- Installed, configured and applied security patches and upgrades.
- Racked equipment in labs and upgraded firmware to IBM equipment.
- Assisted storage team in zoning Brocade switches and configured Brocade switches on IBM chassis.
- Attended Technical Exchange Meetings and shared information with the MTL engineers.
- Holding a position of the highest trust within the Department of State, at the Enterprise Network Management Operations Center (NOC). Assists with the Top-Level Domain Management for the SBU and classified LANs. 365x24x7 operation.
- Utilized Universal Trouble Ticket (UTT) and Remedy ticket system.
- Provided support for Systems Administrators worldwide via phone and remote connections.
- Installed &configured Windows Enterprise Server domain controllers and DNS servers.
- Conducted quality assurance on domain controllers. Reported discrepancies into database.
- Monitored, maintained, and corrected errors that occurred on Domain Controllers.
- Resolved communications problems between Domain Controllers and Exchange Servers, efforts prevented mail-queues backups.
- Monitored NetIQ alerts and prioritized by fixing most critical alerts first.
- Performed walk through to ensure that on site enterprise servers were up and operational.
- Managed the entire Active Directory Infrastructure for the enterprise. Ensured thousands of domain controllers were replicating as scheduled.
- Patched systems and pushed installation packages via SMS.
- Assigned as Team Lead on several installs and provided user support for Domestic Bureaus after conducting Exchange Migrations.
- Daily duties included work first hand with System Administrators troubleshooting migration issues, as well as training on Active Directory and Exchange 2003.
- Performed setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of Windows 2000/XP workstations, Windows 2000/2003 servers, Exchange servers and CISCO switches.
- Performed configurations, and maintenance of software and hardware assets in a large multi-protocol environment.
- Installed and configured Department of State worldwide enterprise network solutions. Such as Windows Enterprise Server 2003 domain controllers, Exchange servers, DHCP servers, DNS servers, WINS servers, application servers, print servers, file servers, and SAV anti-virus servers.
- Implemented and replaced Cisco switches with IOS and port configurations.
- Migrated data and file systems from Windows NT into Active Directory and decommissioned NT domains.
- Migrations included consolidating data such as network files, SQL databases, Oracle databases, and Exchange 5.5 mailboxes.
- Experienced with such hardware as HP/Compaq G2, G3, G4 and G5 servers and a wide selection of computer workstations.
- Conducted Quality Assurance on software and hardware.
- Performed software verifications / validations following the server integration process.
- Performed various inspections such as incoming, integration or final inspection.
- Used automated tools such as BTK to perform software & security validations.
- Inspected / Audited servers, switches, power supplies, workstations, monitors & printers.
- Imaged thin clients and workstations.
- Assisted in system integration in configuration of servers and racks.
- Generated and implemented software checklist & procedures.
- Performed configurations & software verifications on Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange 5.5 system console.
- Interacted with integration & staging to ensure proper configuration of PCs and servers.
- Terminated and Installed fiber optic cable on unclassified and classified networks.
- Tested backbone to insure terminations were operable on both ends of the cable.
- Installed ladder racks to support and hold backbone cable.