- Over 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of Linux System Administration, DevOps Engineering, and in automate/build/releasing of code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers.
- Configured and administered AWS (Amazon Web Services) like EC2 instances , IAM, S3, SNS, SQS, EBS volumes, AMI's , AWS Cloud Formation and Amazon Cloud Watch for different availability zones in development, testing, and production environments.
- Developed infrastructure in the cloud using AWS services like VPC, RDS, Security Groups , Elastic IP's (EIP) , Key pairs , Auto scaling, Elastic load balancing and AWS Redshift.
- Configured DNS health checks using Route53 in the AWS cloud environment and Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from DynamoDB to MySQL Database.
- Provided operational support to ensure availability of customer websites hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and public cloud, Hands on experience writing Terraform templates for building, changing and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Node.js, Python and Ruby on familiar servers such as Apache and IIS.
- Configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2, Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search .
- Have conceptual knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud service.
- Integrated Openstack (Grizzly) with OpenSwitch to create Software - Defined-Networking tenant and service provider networks and routers, Developed KVM hypervisor with Openstack .
- Proficient level of experience on DevOps essential tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Subversion(SVN), GIT, Hudson, Jenkins, Ant, Maven.
- Implemented the Docker containers for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten the Build/Release Engineering, and Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, config Maps, and deployments. Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm and Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files.
- Hands on experience with Mesos Marathon & Zookeeper cluster environment for application deployments and docker Containers.
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Foodcritic and Test Kitchen, Deployed cookbook recipes on multiple nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances and used Chef for server provisioning and automating infrastructure.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Rundeck and Jenkins.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Puppet Master/Agent , and wrote custom Modules , Manifests using ruby scripting language and Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Responsible for Plugin-Management in Jenkins according to requirement Upgrading and Degrading Plugin Versions, Hands on experience with Bash, Perl, Python, and ruby scripting.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code and Pushed the artifacts generated by MAVEN in to the Nexus repository.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Worked with Python Libraries like Beautiful Soap and SQL Alchemy and Wrote Python scripts to parse JSON documents and loaded the data to database.
- Integration, deployment and automation of application servers Tomcat, WebLogic across Linux platforms.
- Experience developing Splunk Queries and Dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis, Worked on Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center.
- Involved in full Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC), Methodologies & Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control and implemented in Agile Testing Methodologies &Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Responsible for release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting on UNIX platform.
- Expertise in creating of Active Directory and Network Fundamentals, Protocols like TCP/IP , DHCP , DNS and Group Policy , Developed the Object-Oriented applications using Java, Shell Scripts, and Perl Scripts on UNIX.
Windows, UNIX LINUX, RHEL, SOLARIS, MAC: OSX
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS, and EBS.
Source Control Tools: Subversion, GIT and Perforce
Build Tools: ANT and Maven
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins and Cruisecontrol
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet and Ansible
Automation Tools: Docker
Monitoring Tools: Nagios and Splunk
Repositories: Nexus and Artifactory
Clustering Software: RedHat Cluster Suite and Veritas Cluster.
Tracking Tools: Jira, ClearQuest
Web Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Networking Services: FTP, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, WinScp, SAN/NAS, RAID LEVELS.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
- Developed Python scripts to automate AWS services which includes ELB , Cloud Front distribution, Database , EC2 , Route53 , Auto scaling , ECS , Security groups and S3 bucket.
- Used Amazon IAM to manage roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM , Configured Amazon Cloud Watch alarms with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC , subnets , NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Created AWS Security groups which behaves as virtual firewalls that controls the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances, Managed network security using L oad balancer, Auto scaling, and NACL s.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS , storage using S3 buckets and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket, Worked on migrating MongoDB collections to new DynamoDB tables.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks of Docker container and Service Orchestration using Terraform Templates developed by python scripting language.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, setup the Elastic search , ELK Stack to collect, search and analyze log files across the servers. Evaluated system logs using ELK Stack .
- Managed Git repository, code merging, production deployments, also coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Git source control.
- Build scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and developed a continuous deployment pipeline using Jenkins , chef, and Ruby scripts .
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations and Configuring Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using cloud formation.
- Managed the configurations of the instances using Chef . Written and modified various Cookbooks/ Recipes for better management of the systems.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins .
- Automated the process of Apache Webserver installation, configuration using Ansible .
- Created Docker images using a Docker file and worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images, Managing Docker volumes and worked on Docker swarm to deploy the containers into the cluster using Docker CLI.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Performance Monitoring of CPU, Memory, Disks, Network using various monitoring tools like Nagios, worked with JIRA as a ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: and Tools Used: EC2, ELB, VPC, S3, Cloud Formation, RDS, Dynamo DB, Route53, Auto Scaling, Security groups, NACL’s, ELK, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, Jira, Agile, Python, Ruby.
Confidential, Maitland, FL
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS stack (Including EC2 , Route53 , S3 , RDS , DynamoDB , SNS , SQS , IAM , ELK ) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling in AWS CloudFormation .
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java , PHP , Node.js , Python , Ruby , and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache , and IIS .
- Responsible for monitoring servers using Cloud watch and using ELK Stack , Elastic Search , Logstash and Kibana , developed a RESTful API of Elasticsearch to analyze, search and visualize data.
- Hands on experience in Assisting stake holders of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality data, dashboards, and various applications.
- Experienced in creating snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMI) of the instances for backup by creating clone instances, Also Created Lambda function to automate snapshot back up on AWS and set up the scheduled backup.
- Developing scripts for deployment of customer environments into AWS using Bash , Python and created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process and Integrated Maven with Jenkins to run, to automate the build process as a part of continuous delivery.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services(AWS) and configuration management using Puppet , Designed puppet modules to manage configurations and automate install process.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications, Worked with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and had Integrated Ansible with Rundeck and Jenkins.
- Implemented a continuous delivery pipeline with Docker , Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's whenever a new GitHub branch gets started. Jenkins , our continuous integration server automatically attempts to build a new Docker continuous from it.
- Automated the Applications and databases like MYSQL , NoSQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Nagios .
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations, Plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker and, also involved in administration and support of Unix Servers including SUSE , Solaris , RedHat Linux , HP-UX , and CentOS .
Environment: and Tools Used: AWS (EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, ELK, Beanstalk, Cloud Trail), EBS, SQL, AWS CLI, AWS Auto-Scaling, Cloud watch, CloudFormation, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Python, Jira, Splunk, Nagios, Unix/Linux, RHEL 5/6.8, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
- Configure and deploy several hypervisors and Virtual Machines running OpenStack for DevOps, testing, and production environments.
- Developed Networking policies for Docker containers. Worked on open source development tools like Docker Containers .
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures, and managing containers, Deployed and maintained multi-container applications through Docker.
- Automated the Applications and MySQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Nagios.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet Roles, Profiles, MCollective, Hiera, and Custom Puppet modules, Ruby scripting language.
- Responsible for creating Puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing puppet manifests and automated manual installation process using puppet.
- Experience in setup of Puppet Agents, Puppet Master both in Puppet Enterprise, Open Source and developing Catalogs using Puppet language.
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Foodcritic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra Database installations, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Defined dependencies and Plug-ins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Managed source code using GIT repository and responsible for creating Branching, Creating Labels, Merging of codes on GIT for QA testing and release .
- Responsible for User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
- Integrated JIRA with Git and configured with Jenkins to automate the entire Build and release process, Created, and maintained Continuous Build and Continuous Integration environments in scrum and agile projects.
- Deployed web applications to Apache HTTPD , Tomcat , WebLogic and configured, monitored, and troubleshoot web server configurations and deployments.
- Experience in system administration, system builds, server builds, install, upgrades, patches, migration, troubleshooting, security, backup, disaster recovery, performance monitoring and fine-tuning on RedHat Linux systems.
Environment: s and Tools Used: Docker, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Python, GIT, Nagios, Jira, Agile, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, Linux.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Build and Release Engineer
- Created Jobs for Builds and Deployments, installed several plug-ins in Jenkins to support multiple tools required for the implementation of projects.
- Building & Integrating the software and performing Sanity tests with for every commit and the results are intimated to Developers using Jenkins.
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project using Jenkins Artifactory Plugin .
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Integrated Junit tests in Ant and configured Jenkins to send the Unit test report to the development team.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and automated weekly releases for compiling Java Code , Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using Subversion/SVN version control tools and, user support for Subversion/SVN issues.
- Maintained Subversion/SVN repositories on Windows .
- Created Nagios Monitoring infrastructure , also created various Nagios Plugins Scripts based on Perl & Python , for checking health of App servers and for Monitoring load .
- Responsible for directing the architectural, configuration, and administrative decisions in JIRA and Confluence instances containing thousands of users within a highly matrixed organization.
- Set up the Linux Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization jobs.
- Installed, Deployed RedHat Enterprise Linux , CentOS and installation of packages and patches for RedHat Linux Servers.
Environment and Tools Used: Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Nagios, Perl, Python, Subversion/SVN, Nagios, Jira, Windows, Linux.
Build & Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Created Puppet manifests, classes, and modules to automate system operations.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Database, and Packages.
- Wrote ANT Scripts to automate the build process, provided ANT build script for building and deploying the application.
- Installed Jenkins and perform troubleshooting during installation to implement the CI process for the java application builds
- Responsible for Plugin-Management in Jenkins according to requirement Upgrading and Degrading Plugin Versions.
- Responsible for the build and Release management process, also responsible for Automated Build Scripts.
- Involved in creating and Maintaining Branches and Tags based on the requirement and schedule using GIT.
- Coordinating with development teams to perform builds and Resolve Build Issues.
- Used Cruise Control for automation and CI related build and deploy activities.
- Developed Batch, Perl, and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Used HP QC for Ticket tracking and Change management.
- Configuring and maintaining network services such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, DHCP, NFS, Web, Mail, FTP.
Environment: & tools: Puppet, ANT, Jenkins, Web logic, Cruise Control, Java/J2EE, Shell Scripts, GIT, UNIX, Ubuntu LINUX, Windows XP.
- Installation, configuration and upgradation of RedHat Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, and IBM AIX operating systems.
- Configured and installed Solaris, HP-UX and RedHat Linux Servers using jumpstart, Ignite and kick start.
- Disk and File System management through Solaris Volume Manager, Logical Volume Manager, and Veritas Volume Manager.
- Built high-end servers, creating, and loading images on Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers using SystemImager tool.
- Installed and configured Oracle Real Application Cluster(RAC) in Solaris, HP-UX, and Linux servers.
- Expertise in Global File System (GFS), Creating, configuring, and managing clusters in RedHat Linux Servers using GFS
- Installed, configured, and managed RedHat Cluster Suite in Linux servers.
- Performed configuration and troubleshooting of services like NFS, NIS, DHCP, FTP, LDAP, Web servers, Samba server, and Apache server.
- Planned and implemented migrations from lower end to higher end in OS level and Hardware level in Solaris, HP-UX, and Linux servers.
- RPM package administration using RPM Build and performed Data Backup, Recovery using Veritas Net Backup (VNB).
- Update the systems using RedHat Enterprise Network (RHN), Managing and monitoring through RHN.
- Worked on installing and configuring VMware/ESX Servers for virtualizations.
Environment: & Tools: Solaris, RedHat Linux, HP-UX, IBM AIX, Sun Enterprise Servers E5500/E4500, Sun Fire V 1280/480/440, Sun SPARC 1000, L, N class Server, HP blade servers, Dell blade servers, IBM RS/6000, p Series servers, VMware ESX Server.