I.T. Professional with demonstrated success designing, implementing, troubleshooting and administering I.T. initiatives which support and enhance business functionality. Technology savvy self - starter, adept at moving in to the latest technologies and utilizing existing experience to quickly adapt and succeed. Possess communication and collaborative skills to lead and work in concert effectively with diverse technical and operational groups.
- Active Directory Admin and Programming
- VMWare vCenter Infrastructure
- Cisco Firewalling, Routing & Switching
- Windows and Linux Server Admin
- Scripting and Automation
- Performance Analysis and Troubleshooting
- Fibre and iSCSI SAN Administration
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Network Security and Ethical Hacking
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 , Redhat, Ubuntu, Kali & Other Linux, Cisco IOSVMWare ESX 5/6
Software: Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016 , VMWare vCenter 5/6 & SRM, Active Directory, IIS, SQL, Office 2007-2016 and Office365, Azure, Microsoft SCCM, McAfee ePO, RSA SecureID, GFI LanGuard Security, SolarWinds Log and Event Manager, SysAid ITIL, Intune MDM
Programming Languages: Windows PowerShell, Visual Basic 6, Python, Perl, VB .NET, ASP.NET, HTML
Confidential, Reston, VA
Senior Systems and Network Administrator
- Responsible for colocation and virtual customers as well as internal, remote employee support and resolution of various operating system, network and hardware issues.
- Administration of Active Directory including tools such as Powershell and ASDIEdit.
- Lead project to upgrade and migrate Microsoft Exchange environment from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016 and migrate external spam filtration service to new service provider.
- Tasked with and successfully completed project to add backup Microsoft Exchange 2016 servers, Domain Controllers, external DNS servers, and build Cisco Site-to-Site VPN tunnel to backup datacenter, for mail, DNS and domain information redundancy.
- Auditing and documentation of environment.
- VMWare monitoring and troubleshooting using built-in monitoring tools and logs as well as external monitoring and analysis.
- Office 365 and Azure Administration; including configuration of Azure MDM, Azure token authentication and integration with on premise network and SharePoint.
- System monitoring using Nagios & Cacti, and status report generation for statistics requests.
- Improved VMWare infrastructure; upgrading from VMWare vCenter 5 to vCenter 6 and system redesign to further efficiency.
- Assisted team with IP re-addressing project to move all servers and network devices to a new, more secured network.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
Systems and Network Administrator
- Administration and Programming with Active Directory, including .Net and ASDIEdit, LDAP Programming and manipulation.
- Training and mentoring of junior employees on their personal IT skill strengths.
- Assisted with Confidential ’s deployment of the Ohio Turnpike Commission’s core customer service systems; configuring and administering the core infrastructure involving Windows 2003 domain servers and RedHat servers and troubleshooting and remediation of system and networking issues for a six-month post-deployment period.
- Lead team in designing and implementing Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant security for network and Windows server environment, Cisco network devices and Barracuda security appliances.
- Planned and researched, designed, implemented, tested and supported VMWare infrastructure, including Site Recovery Manager.
- Implementation of two-factor authentication system for all networking devices using RSA SecureID
- Lead project to reconfigure HP LeftHand iSCSI SAN from High Availability to Active/Passive Disaster Recovery configuration for upcoming move. Also have prior administration and configuration experience with HP EVA Fibre-Channel SAN.
- Managed virtualization of Windows and Linux server environment, including physical-to-virtual conversions of existing core servers; utilizing VMWare vSphere 5/5.5 infrastructure, iSCSI SAN storage, and Cisco and HP ProCurve networking devices.
- Improved I.T. and general business efficiency through programmed automation of existing business processes using a variety of languages, but namely PowerShell 4.0, Visual Basic .NET 2.0+, ASP.NET, vb/jscript & perl.
- Proven ability to innovatively enhance business I.T. and see them through all phases from initial idea to design and planning, to testing, implementation, and support of the new process design.