- Onsite PSE for Intuit. Responsible for the stand - up of new Confidential (7G-Mode) and (8x Cluster-Mode) NAS/SAN storage devices including build-outs and configuration. Provisioned storage in a UNIX environment (Solaris and Linux) for NFS and NFS DataStores for ESXi. Created NFS exports for the Unix NAS environment.
- Created Qtrees and LUNs for UNIX O/S platforms that requires layer7 applications such as Oracle and LAMP to function. Configured DFM/Insight Balance for the monitoring of the Confidential environment. Assist’s the pre-sales team with design and Confidential storage allocation for iscsi, FCP, FCoE, NFS, and CIFS.
- Racked and stacked, cabled and configured ALL current models of the Confidential FAS family.
- Configured vFiler’s (Multi-Store)and SVM’s for clients needing extra security on a multi-tenancy environment. Performed data migration via SnapMirror,SnapManager for SQL and SnapManager for Exchange. Ensured customer had VM’s VDMK’s and datastores using SnapManager for VI and the VSC ESX Plug-in tool.
- Used Config Advisor and AutoSupports for troubleshooting MPHA cabling issues and other setup related problems. Used Confidential Synergy tool for Pre-Sales Demo’s and Post-Sales design and implementation.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Tier III (Escalations) Active Directory and Exchange Administrator for Marine Corp (SIPR) Network. Became the LEAD SAN and NAS engineer for the Global Enterprise Network supporting eight Networking Operating Centers around the world and the "go-to" engineer for 37 senior level Systems Administrators.
- Authored SOP instructions and KB articles on SAN implementation in a VMware ESX 3.5/vSphere environment using the iscsi and FC protocol. Senior Administrator for a 5,000 user multiple AD and NT legacy domain. Tier III for Active Directory and Exchange Server Migrations.
- Performs weekly security patches for ALL ESX hosts, Windows Server2003, and Exchange Server 2003 VM's using WSUS.
Technical Support Engineer
- Provided level 2 Engineering Support for over 30 Fortune 500 corporations worldwide in a SAN and NAS infrastructure in support on mission critical applications for ALL Microsoft Enterprise Applications, Oracle and SAP ERP’s, Sun Microsystems and other UNIX flavored operating systems.
- Infrastructure supports includes iscsi and FCP SANs,CIFS,NFS, and Cisco and Brocade Layer 2 and 3 VLAN Switches (Metro-Clusters). Native applications supported were SME, SnapDrive, and SMVI. D/R applications supported include OSSV SnapVault, SycMirror, Snap Restore, SMSQL, and SM for Oracle.
- Used WebEx and other Remote Administration technologies to effectively resolve customer network storage system issues. Supported Confidential PSE and FSE on new installs, down Filer's and ONTAP Upgrade issues in the field for Confidential Top Enterprise Customer Accounts (TEA = customers that have purchased 10 million+ yearly in SAN and NAS systems purchases along with an 4 hour SLA for service) ensuring a transparent footprint with minimal or no downtime acquired.
Information Technology Manager/Help Desk Supervisor & Trainer
- Managed, Trained, & Supervised 8 desktop support and network engineers in support of over 800 end users in a fast pace and high security environment. Manage help desk trouble queue, assigned trouble tickets, and provided senior level technical support (level 3). Instructed and supervised LAN and help desk technicians in the day to day task or end user support in a UNIX, WinNT, Windows2000, WindowsXP, Apple Mac OSX, desktop and back-end server based network.
- Provides intermediate to advanced technical training to entire staff. Functions also as Systems Administrator for the company NOC. Maintains, monitors, and troubleshoot ALL Compaq Proliant servers. Responsible for backups of all servers using VERITAS (NetBackup and Backup Exec) enterprise backup software.
- Expert in disk imaging using Symantec Ghost and Acronis “Tru-Image” software. Systems Engineer and primary designer the entire Windows 2000 Active Directory and Exchange Server infrastructure for the CAC2S program. IT guru and Windows2000 expert for resolving any and all issues in support of the CAC2S government program.