Bachelor of Science in Engineering Graphics
Confidential, Sturgis, MI (Apr/2008 - Present)
Engineering / CAD API Programmer / Systems Analyst
- Responsible for CAD problem user support and software customizations. Software includes AutoCAD, OneSpace, ME10, Solidworks,PDM Works, E-drawings
- Migrate ME10 macros to OneSpace. Create new OneSpace complex macros.
- Maintain and create Solidworks VB macros.
- Create Visual Basic/ VB/ VB.Net , WinForms,Excel and SQL applications.
- Create and distribute user documentation for applications as needed.
CAD/CAE Unix System Administrator
- Responsible for the installation, patching, configuration, storage, backup, volume management, maintenance, documentation and procurement of all the engineering CAD/FEA workstations/servers and peripheral devices. (This includes 18-20 individual HP single and dual processor workstations, 1 HPC - 7 dual Itanium node Linux cluster, 1 Dell Linux server and 1 HP RP2470 data server along with various printers/plotters.)
- Install, support and configure the following UNIX operating systems:
- Install, support and configure the following software applications:
Unigraphics NX, CATIA V4/V5, SDRC, PDGS
TeamCenter, IMI, Autoweb, Ftppah
Patran, Nastran, Marc, Adams, Abaqus, Easycopy, LSF, Omniback
- Wrote and debugged pre-existing in-house applications using the following CAD programming languages: CATIA V4 IUA, Unigraphics GRIP, SDRC macro.
- FORTRAN, VI, SHELL , CRON scripting
- Edited pre-programmed SQL, PHP programs, PERL and AWK scripts
- Responsible for the evaluation and procurement of all software, hardware and maintenance agreements for the division along with short and long-term planning.
- Support via phone, VPN and WAN 3 remote locations.
- Responsible for Data Translations to/from GM, Ford, Chrysler, vendors during data I/O personnel absence.
- PLM Windchill PDMLink User creation/support (Attended Windchill System and Business Administration Class)
- PLM Windchill Workgroup Manager, MCAD installation and configuration.
Confidential, Troy, Michigan (1993-1998)
Consultant CAD Systems Engineer
- Installed and configured CATIA V4/Unigraphics/IDEAS/PDGS workstations at various automotive suppliers in the Detroit, Indiana, Illinois and Milwaukee areas.
- Set up and installed software and operating systems on IBM, HP, SGI and SUN workstations along with the installation and configuration of all required peripheral devices.
- Wrote various UNIX shell scripts including backup utilities.
- Taught various AIX and CATIA installation classes while living in the Detroit area.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, Michigan (1988-1993)
CAD - CATIA IUA/Fortran Programmer
- Debugged the existing Chrysler in-house CAD software during the migration from a mainframe environment to a Unix platform (1 yr).
- Wrote many CATIA V4 IUA and GII applications using CATIA V4's interface language and FORTRAN. Documented the applications, trained users and supported the user community after implementation.
- Worked closely with engineers and designers to develop accurate specifications for the required applications.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST