- Sr. System Administrator with 16+ years of experience supporting a variety of desktop and server operating systems.
- Unix/Linux Systems include: Solaris 8, SUSE 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6, CentOS 5/7, Ubuntu 14/16. MS Server systems include Windows NT Server 4 thru Windows 2012. MS desktop systems include WinNT 4 thru Windows 10.
- Experience includes designing and building virtual environments with VMWare products: vSphere 5.5/6, vCenter Server 5.5/6, ESXi Server 5.5 and the vSphere client that corresponds to the vSphere version. Environments built to utilized local server hard drives as well as remote storage (Network Appliance devices) for VMWare datastores.
- In order to support the virtual enclaves, yum repositories were created for RHEL and CentOS systems; also a downstream Windows Server Update Services instance was created and maintained.
Operating Systems: Linux, (various distributions and versions, UNIX (various versions), Windows (various versions)
Senior Systems Engineer
- Prototyping and continuous development of infrastructure cloud services
- Investigating new technologies and researching their applicability to different prototype solutions
- Meeting with the customer to gather requirements and understand new challenges
- Translating customer requirements into technical tasks
- Researching new technologies
- Mentoring junior staff
- Engineered a virtual environment using VMWare vSphere 6 and 5.5 (on W2K8r2 and W2K12r2) with VMWare ESXi 6 and 5.5 host servers, remote storage provided on a clustered Data OnTap 8 NetApp FAS 2552 controllers and network backbone configured on Cisco Nexus 3500 series 10G switch
- Engineered and configured a testing and integration area where members test patches and updates on EMS products prior to deploying to production environment
- Primary contributor of ICD 503, Intelligence Community Information Technology Systems Security Risk Management, Certification and Accreditation of computer system
- Primary contributor of Power, Space and Cooling triage process
- Developed migration plan for mission critical complex services/applications to move from a physical presence to a virtual environment housed on High Availability Clustered Data OnTap 8 NetApp FAS 2552 controllers
- Strong familiarity of Mission Utility Cloud topologies; PAAS, IAAS (Machineshop/Partshop)
- Engineered and configured a testing and integration area where members can test patches and updates on EMS products prior to deploying to production environment
Senior Systems Administrator
- Data transfers were directly supporting the Cyber Defense mission.
- Also performed account management functions for Operations Center analysts stationed worldwide.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Supports the VAO program as a member of the Systems and Database Administration team
- Performs the role of Senior Linux System Administrator for multiple operating systems in both mission and development environments.
- Primarily administers and maintains virtual enclave consisting of CentOS 6, RHEL 5/6, and Windows Server 2008/R2.
- Administers and maintains a virtual hypervisor; VMware vCenter 5 and ESXi 5.x, as well as supporting the various VM operating systems.
- Installs and configures additional applications based on the needs of the users.
- Installed and configured HP SiteScope, along with SPLUNK server, to continuously monitor the health and status of physical and virtual servers within the enclave.
- Works closely with the ISSO to ensure System Security Certification and Accreditation (C&A) efforts are adhered by maintaining a NESSUS server within the enclave.
Subject Matter Expert
- Subject Matter Expert and member of the Enterprise End User Services (EUS) - Directory Development Team. Coordinated and developed an Enterprise monitoring solution for EUS-Directory; the solution involved implementing and deploying the HP EMS application suite which included HP Operations Manager-Linux, and HP SiteScope versions 10.10 and 11.
- Also, provided agent-less monitoring of systems/applications and of network devices, and enabled a single central console for support desk operations.
- Maintained and supported hardware and software license management, growth planning and expansion of services.
- Responsible for maintenance of a VMware 4.5 environment containing multiple operating systems (Windows 2003/2008 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux), and migration to a VMware 5.0 environment.
- Responsible for maintenance and installation of hardware within the area, including migration from NetApp FAS2400 series with Data ONTAP 7.x to FAS3200 series with Data ONTAP 8.x.
Senior systems administrator
- Managed a network consisting of Windows 2000/2003 Servers, SUSE 10 Linux Servers and Desktops, Red Hat 5 Enterprise Linux Servers, and Network Appliances (NetApp) data devices.
- Installed hardware and software, conducted system upgrades, evaluated and installed patches, and resolved software and security-related issues for all supported Operating Systems
- Maintained and supported all aspects of computer system, to include user accounts, data files, desktops, laptops and printers at customer’s remote site.
- He performed system upgrades, and evaluated and installed patches to servers and workstations attached to a classified DoD network.
Senior systems Administrator
- Member of the s Confidential program, installing Windows 2000 and Solaris-based systems, and integrated server components and workstations into existing infrastructure at customer sites.
- Primary architect for configuring and deploying a Metro-Cluster system consisting of two FAS940 control units configured to emphasize availability and reliability
Senior systems administrator
- Member of desktop system modernization team for a DoD Information Technology Modernization effort.
- Installed Windows desktop computers and removed UNIX-based systems, migrating user data to the new environment and adding the workstations into existing infrastructure