- A highly accomplished and goal - driven IT professional with extensive experience in shell scripting, server engineering/integrations, network configurations, system administration, hardware/software support, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Leverages analysis and forward-thinking skills to implement network services, develop server monitoring solutions, and create/modify logical volumes.
- A dedicated and hardworking producer who establishes patches/upgrades to key systems to drive efficiency, engineers IT infrastructure to support business objectives, and transforms configurations to promote effective required compliances.
- IBM AIX 5.3/6.1 Suse Linux Enterprise v9/10/11 Shell Scripting (bash/ksh)
- VMware Vsphere 5/6 IBM Blade Systems IBM Power series systems support
- Tectia SSH/OpenSSH HP DL380 G series support Xen
Confidential, Bentonville, Arkansas
Advanced Systems Engineer
- Managed internal projects and completed them on schedule while updating the stakeholders.
- Performed UNIX/Linux, VMware, Xen, shell scripting, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
- Coordinated and ensured deliverable dates with vendors.
- Acted as point of contact for SOX compliance projects.
- Addressed Linux system performance challenges and implemented changes effectively.
- Remediated and corrected issues on over 40K servers worldwide continuously while ensuring no impact and scheduled outages.
- Implemented changes to the environments using Puppet Enterprise and Wal-Mart’s in house distribution system.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Oversaw installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of IBM AIX and SuSE SLES 10 systems.
- Created IBM P-Series L Par's and VIOS configuration on IBM Blade-center H series utilizing JS22/21 blades.
- Transitioned AIX installations to LPARS/Blades via AIX NIM server.
- Integrated SSH usage within AIX NIM server.
- Provided shell programming as needed in AIX and SuSE operating systems.
- Set up and managed network services NFS/NTP/sFTP/FTP/CIFS/SNMP/DNS on AIX and SuSE servers.
- Performed AIX package/TL patch updates, logical volume management, and LV groups/LV creation based on requirements.
- Authored various shell programs to monitor, clean-up, and maintain process completion and availability.
- Created monitoring VM's within VMware ESX4 servers.
- Executed hardware racking, upgrades, and troubleshooting as needed.
- Assisted with configuration changes for promoting PCI compliance.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Networked all computers on floor properly and configured specific systems for access to network printer.
- Re-established DSL servers.
- Verified all floor pc’s proper routing, patched all systems, and installed all MS Windows service packs.
- Created separate youth profile with restrictions and virus definition updates, as well as performed hardware repair, imaged installation, and configured VERITAS Backup.
- Installed software to block harmful material on web sites, including social networking sites.
Confidential, Dublin, Ohio
Linux System Administrator
- Supported UNIX, Linux, digital/analog audio recording equipment, and predictive dialing PBX equipment.
- Managed installations, configurations, and maintenance for UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Analyzed and resolved problems associated with operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software.
- Provided detection, diagnosis, and reporting of UNIX/Linux/call center operational issues.