- 7+ years of IT experience, with strong expertise in the fields of Server Virtualization , Private Cloud , Storage , Networking & Operating Systems.
- Extensive experience in providing cost - effective, scalable, secure and highly available business applications for enterprise customers in public and private clouds ( Amazon Web Services and OpenStack )
- Extensive experience in building and maintaining OpenStack private cloud through Fuel, Kolla, Ansible and Puppet deployment Tools.
- Expertise in Architecture designing and deploying OpenStack Cloud on multiple regions with CI/CD integration.
- Expertise in designing and deploying Hadoop clusters on Private cloud (OpenStack)
- Experience in designing multi AZ deployment of applications in public and private Cloud for high availability and with security.
- Have lead efforts in areas of Design, Planning, Engineering, Product releases, Patch management for Private Cloud (OpenStack)
- Operational experience with exploration and execution of Major Mirantis Fuel and OSA Platform upgrades along with major and minor version updates and upgrades.
- Experience in Migrating instances between public and private clouds using automation scripts.
- Expert at research & analysis, architecture and deployment of open source infrastructure tools.
- Indepth knowledge and exposure of Server, Storage & Network Virtualization
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as an integral part of a team and committed to highest levels of professional.
- Professional Trainer in Training teams on OpenStack, AWS, Cloud and Virtualization.
- Subject Matter Expert: OpenStack, Cloud, Application Orchestration, Software Defined Storage, Virtualization.
Operating System: Ubuntu, Redhat, Debian, CentOS 6.X/7.X.
Virtualization and Tools: KVM, ESXi, RHEV, Proxmox, vCenter
Containerization Tools: Docker, LXC
Cloud: OpenStack, Cloudstack, AWS, RackSpace
OpenStack Versions: Juno, Kilo, Liberty, Mitaka and Newton
Deployment Tools: Mirantis OpenStack 7.0/ 8.0/9.0, Kolla, OSA, Packstack
PaaS and Cloud Tools: Murano, OpenShift, Sahara, AWS CloudFront
Orchestration Tools: Heat, Cloudify, Apache Stratos, Scalr.
Applications: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Apache2, Nexus, LDAP
Monitoring/Alerting: Grafana, InfluxDB, Nagios, Zabbix.
Site reliability engineering (SRE)
- Owned system architecture discussion to determine requirements, constraints, and market factors for Elastic cloud build using OpenStack.
- Researched trends pertinent to cloud, virtualization, storage, and continuous integration and provided optimal solution
- Investigated, Desginged and upgraded OpenStack Elastic Cloud spread across 28 regions from Icehouse to Newton using OpenStack Ansible deployment tool.
- Configured ceph to provide backend storage for OpenStack (swift and cinder) and also added Multiple storage backends to Cinder.
- Developed custom in-house tool to auto generate capacity reports for all Hypervisors and Instances across various Regions.
- Developed In-house tool to auto generate Capacity graphs used for forecasting the cloud resource utilization and automated the processes by pushing all graphs to wiki.
- Involved in Architectural and Deployment designs for Major Upgrade of Elastic Cloud.
- Provisioned Operating System on Bare Metal servers spread across racks using Canonical MaaS.
- Provisioning and optimizing of compute, network, and storage services with OpenStack through dashboard, command-line and API utilities.
- Troubleshooting any part of the lifecycle services within the OpenStack including message queues, database, compute hardware, and network connectivity.
- Configured OpenStack nova availability zone, nova aggregates and respective flavors with meta data as per customer requirements.
- Performed Puppet to Ansible configuration management tool migration across all regions.
- Deployed, Managed and Operated multiple OpenStack distributions like Mirantis OpenStack, Kolla and OpenStack Ansible.
- Deployed TIG-stack to monitor and alert the health of Nova, Neutron, Keystone and other OpenStack services.
- Build and delivered custom images (Linux/Windows) for OpenStack Glance to automate provision, Install and run the applications.
- Responsible for maintaining and forecasting budgets for all technological CapEx and OpEx cost centers
- Developed in-house tool to reclaim unused quota resources across all regions and projects which helped in reclaiming nearly 40% quota back to cloud.
Environment: OpenStack, KVM, Ceph, Sahara, Hadoop, Murano, Networking, OpenStack Upgrade, GIT, Nexus, LINUX, REST API, TIG-stack, Orchestration, Architecture and Deployment.
Senior OpenStack Engineer
- Subject matter expert for the cloud initiatives, infrastructure architecture, design and implementation roadmap for Private clouds (OpenStack).
- Architected and deployed private cloud using OpenStack for in-house projects accommodated with 4.5TB RAM, 38TB Storage and 2K+ Cores.
- Implemented Hadoop infrastructure for HDFS/ZooKeeper/HBase/MapReduce on top of Private Cloud.
- Operational experience with multiple OpenStack distributions like Mirantis OpenStack, Kolla and OpenStack Ansible project.
- Performed numerous OpenStack deployments using Fuel, Kolla, Puppet, and Ansible
- Operational experience with preparation and execution of Major Mirantis OpenStack Platform upgrades along with minor version updates and upgrades.
- Build, deployed and managed OpenStack Environment using Mirantis Fuel 8.0 for in-house Cloud. Designed and architected cloud application deployment in OpenStack with Nova, Neutron, Keystone command line clients.
- Migrated VM's from VMware ESXi to OpenStack Environment using virt-v2v packages.
- Deployed Zabbix to monitor and alert the health of Nova, Neutron, Keystone and other OpenStack services.
- Used Nova to take snapshots at regular intervals to ensure state availability in case of an AZ failure
- Integrated Ceph distributed storage with Openstack Nova, Glance, and Cinder services.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitple applications utilizing most of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, ELB, CloudFront, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Setup specific IAM profiles per group utilizing newly released APIs for controlling resources within AWS based on group or user.
- Created S3 backups using versioning enable and moved objects to Amazon Glacier for archiving purpose.
- Created load balancers (ELB) and used Route53 with failover and latency options for high availability and fault tolerance.
- Build and delivered custom images (Linux/Windows) for OpenStack Glance to automate provision, Install and run the application.
- Worked as part of DevOps Team for different internal automation and build configuration management activities.
- Provided customized training to Team on Cloud, Virtualization, OpenStack and AWS.
Environment: OpenStack, KVM, Proxmox, Ceph, AWS, Sahara, Hadoop, Murano, Networking, Tomcat Apache, GIT, Nexus, LINUX, Data Center Migration, Hybrid Cloud, REST API, AWS, EC2, Orchestration, Architecture and Deployment Blueprints.
- Developed industrialized assets, blueprints, prototypes, use cases, point of views, design and build artifacts for Confidential Internal COE Private Cloud
- Implemented Private Cloud blueprint by mapping OpenStack components to functional blocks.
- Worked together with Data Center Operations and Network Security teams in seting up OpenStack Hypervisors across multiple regions.
- Implemented horizontal auto-scaling using OpenStack components - Heat, Ceilometer and launched stacks from templates using the Heat Orchestration Service.
- Experienced in migrating VMs from VMware to Private cloud with zero downtime.
- Troubleshooting any part of the lifecycle services within the OpenStack including log files, message queues, database, hardware, and network connectivity.
- Knowledgeable to write shell scripts to onboard new nova-computes (hypervisors) inorder to provide more VM capacity for Nova.
- Explored Cinder to enable persistent storage for applications like databases deployed in OpenStack.
- Experienced with Pacemaker and auto service recovery for OpenStack control plane services like RabbitMQ and Galera.
- Advanced network troubleshooting using tcpdump inside namespaces and across physical network interfaces.
- Deployment, operation, and troubleshooting of containers inside an OpenStack environment (OSA).
- Debugged networking issues for VMs using tcpdump, ssh, netstat and other debugging tools.
Environment: OpenStack, Murano, OSA, Networking, GIT, LINUX, Nexus, KVM, CEPH, VPN and Zabbix
- Involved in configuring hardware and installing Windows and Linux operating systems on customer premises
- Installed VMware ESXi on Dell Servers and configured Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu Desktop/Server, Windows 2K virtual machines for various applications.
- Deployed and managed local apt repository for all Ubuntu servers.
- Involved datacenter migration in large midrange environment.
- Provided support for creating user accounts, security privileges to specific users and process monitoring in Ubuntu and RedHat Linux.
- Monitored system performance statistics like storage, CPU utilization and network bandwidth utilization.
- Documented system logs and error reports.
- Network configuration and troubleshooting of network access for servers and clients especially on Ubuntu servers.
- Managing system processes and installed services on Ubuntu servers.
- Configured, implemented and maintained hardware RAID storage technology on servers.
- Configured RAID controllers and disk storage shelves.
- Created and updated network documentation and inventory
- Managed and maintained large scale web and database servers.
- Remediation and patching of Linux Servers.
- Installation, configuration and Operating System upgrade for Red Hat Linux and Ubuntu.
Environment: Windows Server 2008, Linux, Hardware, apt and yum repository, patching, networking, RAID.
- Designed developed maintained and updated a variety of web sites as assigned.
- Assisted other design staff members with various aspects of site maintenance as needed.
- Updated web style sheets and pages on a regular basis and as required.
- Coordinated various web pages with appropriate links and multimedia elements in collaboration with design team members.
- Prepared site update reports for submission to management on a regular basis.
- Managed all aspects of online shopping website, including publishing, updating, and managing content.
- Edited and published monthly member newsletter.
- Designed and published a new weekly member email update with online discount sale events and news.
- Photographed Club events for uploads to website and newsletters.
- Promoted sales by updating and enhancing bookstore website through marketing and campus activities research
- Created customer newsletters and promotional emails using HTML templates and hyperlinks to product information.
Environment: Windows Server 2008, Linux, WordPress, Web Designing, E-Commerce, Magento, Marketing.