- A highly organized networking support professional, with over 5 years IT customer service and networking experience. Seeking a position with an organization that offers a challenging atmosphere to utilize my experience and skills.
- Hands on experience in Cisco routers - (2851, 3845, 7200VXR; Cisco switches - (3560, 3750, 4500, 4900M, 6500, Nexus 7000, ); Cisco security (Cisco ASA 5505-5580 firewall), Wireless Controller 5500
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting complex (Layer-2, Routed, LAN, WAN, Firewall Security).
- Provides technical expertise in configuring and troubleshooting of various IGPs including OSPF, & EIGRP. (And also provide end-to-end connectivity using route redistribution).
- Layer 2 switching such as: VLANs, VTP, STP (mst and pvst+), Trunking (802.1Q and ISL).
- Maintain and upgrade desktop applications/solutions (including POS systems) to ensure quality implementations.
- Serve as a system administrator for critical enterprise systems, as designated by the Network Manager.
- Support local area network (LAN) services when required as related to desktop systems interfaces.
- Maintain related network documentation and inventory databases.
- Configured and upgraded Cisco Layer 2, Layer 3 switches and routers.
- Monitoring and resolving network performance and outage issues.
- Familiar with vendor escalation procedures (SLA) within the NOC environment.
- Working knowledge on application of various Cisco technologies to include PVST+, PAGP, trunk, routing, switching, MPLS, VPN, LANs, WANs, ACLs, Network Security policies and QOS. Configured DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, VPN and ARP.
- Performing subnet and VOIP VLAN activation.
- Working with telecom vendors for new circuit turn up and operational support for existing WAN links.
- Configuring network devices using First Hop Redundancy Protocol (HSRP).
- Creating layer 2 and 3 Ether-Channels for bandwidth aggregation and loop avoidance.
- Troubleshooting wireless network connectivity issues using NCS and controllers, to include troubleshooting and resolving end-users connectivity issues.
- Very proficient in network tools such as Solarwinds NPM for monitoring and analyzing real-time traffic, Solarwinds NPM for configuration management, backups, scheduling jobs and Solarwinds IPAM for IP addressing management.
- Using various packet analyzers and tools to analyze IP traffic for troubleshooting, capacity planning, and reporting. to include, cisco works, Wireshark
- Familiar with ticketing system - BMC Remedy for Change Management Request, Incident and Reporting.
- Provided telephone, email and remote support for 650+ end users performing problem analysis and troubleshooting to resolve incidents within service level agreements and agreed upon metrics
- Very familiar with footprints Incident tracking system.
- Communicated and escalated technical issues that couldn’t be resolved at the first. level based upon department operations and procedures to Tier III as necessary.
- Encouraged and maintained a positive employee culture of good communication, customer relations and improvement within team members.
- Consistently applied customer service best practices.
- Consistently and diligently worked all tickets assigned to the help desk (ensure they are pending w/reason, in progress, etc.) Verified with the customer that the problem has been resolved before resolving the ticket
- Provided floor coaching for Tier I technicians and was the first point of escalation.
- Provided recommendations to management regarding improving processes and policies affecting the users supported.
- Assisted the Manager with various reports
- Assisted in implementing policies and procedures for the help desk.
- Performed other duties as assigned