- Project management professional with history of success in analyzing information technology needs and managing teams to ensure satisfaction to clients in a broad spectrum of businesses and industries.
- Strong experience in ensuring smooth delivery of IT solutions to internal and external clients.
Confidential, Geneva, IL
Senior System Administrator
- Lead applications and wide area network support for INEOS, a worldwide petrochemical company with over 50 refining facilities located in 13 countries. Remotely supported and managed delivery of over 60 web and database applications in development and production environments, hosted on RHEL and Windows servers.
- Wide area network management involving Websense Triton software for Web security and compliance, RSA Authentication Manager software for secure enterprise access, and WhatsUp Gold software for monitoring and analysis, including administration and support of 10 Windows WAN application servers.
- Developed new release / change orders, and SLAs to manage customer needs and expectations. Provided monthly status presentations to upper management. Backup DBA role for Oracle / SQL databases.
- Lead a $50K data center relocation project to move all Unix - based applications and databases from a Sun Solaris platform in Illinois to a Red Hat Enterprise Linux platform in Texas.
- Updated Oracle databases from 10g to 11g and replaced OAS with WebFocus and Fusion Middleware.
- Coordinated with onshore and offshore teams to deliver exemplary customer service and support using Footprints and Remedy Helpdesk software for ticketing, and SharePoint software for collaboration.
Confidential, Aurora, IL
- Volunteer position providing project management and general contracting assistance for the rehabilitation of client living facilities. Inspected construction and interior accommodations, worked with administrative personnel, staff, contractors, vendors, and donors to determine requirements, plan for changes, budget, and schedule, identify and avoid risks, monitor and control work.
- Provided special project technology and personal computer support for disabled individuals at client facilities in the Fox Valley area.
- Directed efforts to rehabilitate two client-occupied group homes at a cost of $400K+.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
Director of IT Services
- Orchestrated daily IT functions in conjunction with a sales staff of five to deliver information technology solutions to small / medium-sized businesses. Developed a standardized data services catalog and created detailed SLAs for managed and unit service contracts. Evaluated and implemented remote systems management software. Installed and administered Microsoft Server, Exchange, security appliances, wireless networks, and desktops. Managed all licensing, service contracts, and inventory.
- Cultivated customer relations by configuring / installing data services on site, valued at over $125K.
- Enhanced sales efforts by creating targeted marketing collateral and training sales staff in IT concepts.
Confidential, Elgin, IL
Information Systems and Technology Manager
- Managed projects and worked with cross-functional teams to establish over 35 remote sales and construction offices. Controlled budgets and equipment of up to $1 million to support 200 employees and 20+ work sites. Identified and resolved computer hardware, software, and network issues. Maintained four Microsoft Windows 2003 servers. Responsible for setup, and installation of all cabling, telephony, and data equipment, including wired and wireless high-speed Internet service. Maintained inventory, licensing, documentation, and service level agreements. Oversaw a staff of two.
- Slashed telephone expenses $70K annually by renegotiating contracts, optimizing plans and accounts.
- Generated $14K annual savings by sharing WAN bandwidth among three divisions.