- SAP BODS Business Objects Data Services
- SAP BOIS Information Steward
- Data Quality Management (DQM) for SAP
- SQL Server
- Power Designer
Data Engineer/Systems Integrator
- Responsible for the build out of SAP Data Services environment for Uptake Technologies’ Symphony project, a global data warehouse built for Caterpillar Inc. Installed and configured Data Services in DEV, QA, and PROD. Developed transformation dataflows and code promotion strategy. Developed BODS custom bulk loader routines to address performance and Unicode issues when writing to Postgres via Data Services. Automated scheduling of nightly backups and production job streams.
- Developed and implemented a Data Quality solution for cleansing, geocoding, deduping, and householding customer data using SAP Data Services and Netezza for National Vision as a prerequisite to the implementation of SAP Hybris Commerce and Hybris Marketing. Developed processes for enriching customer details with US Census data using ESRI’s ArcGIS tools.
- Developed back - end transformation processes for a SAP Hybris Marketing implementation at the National Hockey League using SAP Data Services and SAP HANA. Developed processes for the cleansing, matching and loading of incoming data streams to a HANA based marketing database. Redesigned existing processes to implement process automation, restartabiliuty and fault tolerance.
- Developed ETL processes for ARI’s Business Information Garage fleet management data warehouse using Oracle, SAP HANA and Data Services.
- Provided maintenance and support for Sargento’s Production Operations data mart using Oracle, SAP HANA and Data Services.
- Provided SAP Information Steward technical assistance and direction to the Enterprise Data Management group at Kimberly-Clark. Used Data Insight for data profiling, rule development and scorecard setup. Created procedures for setup and use of Data Cleansing Advisor and Match Review. Configured and scheduled Metadata Management Integrators. Developed custom code for displaying Data Insight profile results. Developed C# web service interface for displaying Metapedia search results. Built custom Cleansing Package for Material Procurement. Developed group strategy for using Team Foundation Server for source code control and configuration management.
- Supported Puget Sound Energy during a SAP BODS Data Services and Satori Presort implementation. Diagnosed and resolved critical performance and stability problems. Streamlined operational processes and verified cleansed address data against USPS postal standards. Resolved Data Quality Management (DQM) for SAP stability problems.
- Installed and configured SAP BODS Data Services and Information Steward 4.2 for Dawn Foods. Migrated existing 3.2 installations to 4.2. Provided Data Services development and support services for legacy system to ECC migration. Developed and implemented strategy for using Information Steward Data Insight and custom Data Services jobs to validate and score the migrated data prior to import into ECC. Developed and implemented a custom automation system for scheduling BODS batch jobs and passing in dynamic variable and parameter overrides.
- Implemented SAP BODS Data Services 4.x for Demeter Analytics, a database marketing firm. Developed data quality jobs, base match, address, and data cleanse transforms. Designed and implemented data quality processes for importing, cleansing, NCOA processing, geocoding, matching and householding data from multiple different sources across multiple servers. Developed server based .NET spatial applications using ESRI’s ArcGIS Server platform.
- Migrated legacy ETL processes for a Netezza Data Warehouse to Data Services 4.x for Major League Baseball. Provided ongoing Data Services development and production support for evolving business requirements and enhancements to the Injury Analytics Data Warehouse by transforming data from SQL Server and Oracle data sources.
- Installed and configured Data Services 4.x for RNC. Developed Data Services jobs for the cleansing, geocoding, matching, and NCOA processing of name and address data in both batch and real-time. Developed process to remotely execute batch Data Services jobs via web services and to provide for the dynamic substitution of global variables and substitution parameters. Developed C# applications to implement CoreLogic’s PxPoint spatial geocoder and used SQL Server to develop processes for analyzing spatial data used in the decennial redistricting process.
- Diagnosed and resolved implementation issues with SAP/Business Objects Data Services and Data Quality Management (DQM) for SAP for Hollister International in Libertyville, IL. Customized Data Services DQM jobs to add custom break keys and facilitate customer specific address mapping requirements.
- Implemented SAP/Business Objects Data Service and Data Quality Management (DQM) for SAP for Terasen Gas in Vancouver, BC. Developed Data Services batch jobs for migrating EMIGALL business partner data from a legacy application to ECC. Developed real-time web service jobs for Canada Post address cleansing and duplicate checking.
- Worked with Fulcrum Analytics to develop a process for the name and address cleansing, matching, and householding of retail sales data using Oracle, PL/SQL, FirstLogic Postalsoft (ACE, DataRight, MPG), and Business Object’s Data Quality suite.
- Assisted Edelman Public Relations in the migration of a Media Monitoring database by developing ETL procedures using SQL Server, SSIS, and C#. Developed user acceptance test plans for validating the correct transformation of migrated information.
- Provided Oracle Database Development and Project Management skills to Bridgestone/Firestone during the transition of a database marketing system from an outsourced vendor to an in-house managed project. Was responsible for modeling schema changes using Erwin and converting the terabyte-sized system’s ETL processes to meet in-house standards. Rewrote core data transformation routines using PL/SQL, .NET, FirstLogic Postalsoft (ACE, TrueName, DataRight, MPG), and FirstLogic IQ8. Also developed XML web services to integrate data warehouse information running on Teradata with enterprise CRM systems. Developed process for cross-referencing retail sales data with demographic data using ArcView/ArcGIS to display the results geospatially.
- Performed analysis of geospatial data as Chairman of the Village of Bull Valley Plan Commission. Used ArcGIS and SQL Server to interactively analyze wetland, soil, tax, and demographic data during development of the village’s comprehensive plan.
- Performed as a Sr. Systems Architect and SQL Server Database Administrator during the development of a web-based practice management portal for Accenture/Andersen Consulting.
- Worked as Database Administrator of an Oracle-based order management system for the e-commerce group of Chicago Title and Trust. Responsibilities included logical and physical data modeling, migration of the database schema and the conversion of its data from SQL Server to Oracle. Additional responsibilities included the development of stored procedures using PL/SQL and the performance tuning of SQL queries.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Supported a large human resources development project for a Andersen Consulting. Responsibilities included the planning and implementation of packaged software, the development of stored procedures for batch processing, the development of an ad-hoc data mart, the training of junior personnel, and the performance monitoring and tuning of multiple SQL Server databases.
- Developed technical training materials and taught courses in relational database concepts, SQL Server, and networking basics.