- Experience in various environments including data center networking, central office switch technology, OSP engineering, wireless and 4G LTE, WAN/LAN, and test lab construction.
- Trained support technicians on policy and operations.
- Implementation and provisioning of telecommunications services for residential, commercial, and industrial clients.
- Start - up design architecture to peripheral connectivity.
- Customer service and retention focused.
- Ability to work well under pressure, as a team member, and assist in project leadership. FCC licensed.
Field Service Technician
- Installation of various types of Telecommunications equipment
- Assist in maintaining various remote manned and unmanned location throughout state of Wisconsin
- Assist senior technicians installing equipment for fiber node insertion
- Assist with build out and restructuring of new and existing field offices on a team, as well as independently
- Test field network equipment prior to deployment
- Build network gear per specification of need
- Assisted in the proficient operation of mobile network offices
- Reading of technical drawings and diagrams
- Installation, termination, testing, and labeling of cross connects (cat5, cat6, coax, and fiber)
- Moving and installation of cabinets and relay racks
- Private cage builds utilizing mesh wall materials
- Troubleshooting circuited with use of BERT equipment
- Perform remote services for customers
- Hardware installation to include server racks, power strips, rails, cable management, and customer equipment
- Utilize ticketing system, shift reports, and email
- Manage multiple projects
- Build and upgrade various types of servers and chassis by way of blueprints and layout design
- Installation of various types of cable and ladder racking
- Installed various types of cellular/switch equipment to include transmission power, eNodeB cells, Mod cells 2.O & 4.O B, 7705 and 7750 routers, on customer premises, and wireless remote locations.
- Lab installation skills: Install, label, and dress power distribution equipment, fabricating racks, grounding, IP routers, telephones, and wireless networks, ethernet cabling, fiber and coax cross connects.
- Reconfigured wiring through schematic architecture of office suites and various lab environments to accommodate current and future technologies utilizing category 5, 6, Gigaspeed, and other types of color coded twisted pair wiring.
- Worked inside/outside and aloft to install, relocate, and remove equipment, as well as install wiring and performance provisioning.
- Utilized various types of equipment to perform routine maintenance, provisioning, and continuity testing.
- Types of equipment used: DACS system and BNC/mini BNC cabling, 5ESS switch, 4ESS extraction, ADTRAN, Foundry Networks, Lucent, Polycom, Galaxy, Tyco, AVAYA, Systimax, Panduit, DSX cabling.
Outside Plant Engineer
- Researched outside plant records to identify candidate facilities for extraction
- Planned and documented functional cabling reports utilizing the most efficient and least disruptive removal methods
- Coordinated with client planners/engineers to insure efficient work flow
- Coordinated with other client/telecommunications firms to insure maximum success of projects
- Maintained daily/weekly records and reports of project(s) progress
- Coordinated with operational departments to insure proper packet data transmitted and received
- Utilized NERV, TIRKS, LFACS, TELCODATA from local telephone industry in design and planning tasks
Provisioning and Maintenance
- Provided direct support for advanced telecommunications network cable plant, and network surveillance, throughout WAN/LAN
- Performed provisioning of POTS, 56/64KBs sub rates, basic and enhanced ISDN, and T1 circuits
- Provisioned teleconference services and equipment for voice and video utilizing Loop and BERT bit rate tests
- Assisted with training of technicians to install and maintain networks
- Designed, provisioned, and repaired ADSL, HDSL, and DOV DSL services
- Repaired and performed routine maintenance and provisioning on inside/outside networking facilities and cables, 50 pair minimum
- Designed and installed architectural layout for residential, commercial and industrial telecommunications services to include multi-story dwellings requiring moves, adds, or changes