- Experienced Software Developer with more than 15 years experience in resolving problems and issues in multiple programming, regardless of languages. Able to focus on problems and finding solutions when others might give up. Possessing interest and willingness to learnin learning new and different technologies. Able to take initiative and quickly learn new skills quickly.
- MVS COBOL
- DOS ScriptingEztrive
- DocuMergeMark IV/Answer II
- Business Objects
- Visual Basic (VB)
- DOS Scripting
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Primary programmer Designed designing job and data flow of LifePro 1.09 communications conversion from LAN processing to the Mainframe so that all products supported by the team would be consistent. WroteMainframe, wrote programs, jclJCL, and scripting scripts for the conversion and then testedtesting the changes. The project included more than 7 programs and 45 jobs for 6 different communication data streams. I was the primary programmer on the project with occasional support from 4 others. I cCompleted in less than one year what at least 3 others tried failed to accomplish in more than 5 years.
- Primary programmer designing job and data flow of LifePro 1.11 Server 2003 conversion to Server 2008. The project included transferring DocumergeFP files, scripting jobs from the old server to the new. While installing and configuring DocumergeFP on the new server, compatibility issues were discovered and corrected. This included discovering an error that the Documerge vendor, Oracle, needing to implement a patch to all clients.
Cobol Software Developer
- Wrote design and code specifications for the conversion of 45 Codes Tables in 350 programs. Then coded the programs and tested the changes. The team consisted of 5 programmers and the task was completed in 6 months. A subset of this conversion was 5 tables, 51 programs, specifications written, programs coded, tested, and implemented in 4 weeks with no errors.
Applications Development and Support
- Created Pneumococcal and Influenza vaccination order in Admit Order Group based upon patient health history and national immunization standards which generated additional revenue for hospital as well as nearand raised efficiency to 99% compliance with national guidelines.
- Completed conversion of 2.2 million medical records tracking and nursing notes from IMS to DB2.
- Wrote programs to identify errors on insurance claims within the system, which shortenedshortening the turnaround time on insurance ppayments from as long as eight weeks to approximately three weeks.
- Built ICU devices to communicate effectively with new EPIC Electronic Medical Records System for medical staff. This was the largest “one - time” conversion ever executed by EPIC, and it would not have been successful without our team’s preparation and input.
- Developed auto-generated orders for transfers from the Emergency Room to a regular nursing floor, saving which saved 5% administrative time and decreased decreasing the opportunities for data entry errors.
- Coordinated with stake holders to identify, build, code, and test up to 200 data variable rows from 9 ICU devices for transmission from the device through the network to the programs loading the databases with the data.
- Assisted in the conversion of IMS database of nursing order documentation to DB2, resulting in 10% faster response time of the at leaston 4.5 million daily transactions.
Systems Software Engineer
- Designed, developed, and tested a significant revision to the Recovery System for Production Data. This resulted in designation as the pPrimary contact and person responsible for running and maintaining the Production Data Recovery System, which processed an average $150K to $7.5M in revenue.
- Designed, developed, and tested a major revision to the Production Data Recovery System.
- Designed and developed reporting programs for the Auditors.