- Committed and tenured Software Engineer with over 12 years’ experience in Application Development and Software Testing.
- Adept at all phases of SDLC, which includes Design, Analysis, Coding, Testing, Code Reviews, Implementation and System Support.
- Proficiency in COBOL; Visual Basic, DB2, SQL, and Mainframes.
- Established credibility in spearheading the entire project management initiatives end to end right from conceptualization, strategic & project planning within the set parameters.
- COBOL; Visual Basic; DB2; SQL; z/OS; IBM Mainframes; WANG - VS
- HP 3000; HP 6000; HP 9000;
Confidential, Reston, VA
Lead Programmer & Test Engineer
- Documented software defects using bug tracking system and reported defects involving program functionality, output, and content. Delivered thorough QA testing reports that determine product quality and release readiness;
- Scheduled staff programmers and assessed COBOL programs for date fields in programs. Successfully managed the date 2000 - year turnover. Investigated and edited COBOL programs for US Postal System.
Confidential, Washington, D.C
Computer Specialist/ Programmer
- Met with end users and department heads to gather and document requirements, establish technical specifications, and set deadlines and milestones.
- In charge of utilities on the Mainframe system. Assisted and led the team with the daily mission statement for the overnight run of the programs.
- Supported, troubleshoot, and maintained production systems to optimize performance, resolve problems, and provide timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Developed, designed, created, and implemented a COBOL solution for a file transfer system, which was a stock market impact solution.