- He is a Cobol Programmer / Tester with over 30 years of proven experience in Information Technology with Student Loan (government), Telecommunications (government), Finance, Banking, Healthcare, Billing, Accounting, Insurance, Payroll and Personnel utilizing most Mainframe software.
- He has an extensive experience in all phases of Systems Development Life Cycle in the batch and online applications including coding computer programs and testing.
SOFTWARE: COBOL, PL/1, CICS, DB2, IMS/VS DB/DC, DL/1, BTS, SQL, IDMS/R, OLQ, ADS/O, VSAM, MVS/ESA, VM/DOS/VSE, TSO/E SPF, VM/CMS, QMF, SPUFI, JCL, IDCAMS, CLIST, REXX, EXEC, SAS, PANVALET, MICROFOCUS COBOL, MICROFOCUS RUMBA, FOXPRO, CULPRIT, EASYTRIEVE, FTP, WLM, DEBUGGER, EXPEDITER, CA SCHEDULER, MS ACCESS, ORACLE, AS/400, BRIO DEVELOPER TOOL, TERADATA, MQ SERIES, BMCDB2, IBM UTILITY, CRYSTAL REPORTS XI, .NET, JAVA, Test Automation Monitor, SPLUNK, POSTGRES, GIT, SOAPUI
DATABASE: DB2, IMS, IDMS/R, VSAM, Microsoft Access
HARDWARE: IBM Mainframe Systems, IBM PC Systems
- Analyze and review stories from HPSM ticket.
- Write change specifications base from the ticket stories.
- Make changes to the existing program (that are, either in combination of COBOL / CICS / DB2 / IMS / PL/1).
- Perform unit testing prior to functional testing.
- Project Description Summary (as Implementation Test Analyst - pre-production environment)
- Assist in the planning of Mainframe test environments for implementation testing.
- Review components to be installed in production-like environments for standards.
- Performs implementation test by either manually submitting mainframe jobs or thru control-M.
- Recognize and respond to problems encountered during implementation testing.
- Project Description Summary (as PMMT Test Analyst)
- To perform analysis on the system changes, write test plan and test cases applicable to system enhancements using Product Model Management Tool (PMMT versions 2.0 and 3.0) and Execution Database (EDB).
- Analyze and review functions from ticket stories.
- Determine possible scenarios for testing. Then, create test data using mainframe utilities.
- Write steps to reproduce the scenario and its expected results.
- Perform actual manual testing on all ready for test tickets.
- Create defects if test results are not as expected.
- Write management documents like Validation Approval Package (VAP), Risk Management Plan (RMP) and Evidence of Test (EoT).
Technology: COBOL II, PL/1, DB2, BMCDB2 Catalog, FMDB2, DB2MENU, APPTUNE, Debugger, IMS, CICS, SQL, VSAM, JCL, MVS, TSO/ISPF, XEDIT, EXEC, CLIST, REXX, File-Aid, MQ Series, Expediter, Panvalet, IBM mainframe utilities, control-M, MS Office, Visio, Trac, Microfocus Rumba, Test Automation Monitor, SPLUNK, POSTGRES, GIT, SOAPUI, Agile Methodology
Senior Consultant - Senior Programmer
- Performed full phases of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for Odyssey Case Management System, Accounting System, Guarantee System, Federal Reports and Default Fee System by writing computer programs for both online and batch applications.
- Created and developed COBOL/DB2 Stored Procedures used by the web (.Net) applications.
- Wrote FTP scripts in the JCL to transfer files from - to Mainframe and PC.
- Wrote reports that may deem requested by the Business Analysts using Crystal Report XI.
- Performed as technical support programmer for all production problems
- Project Description Summary (as UAT Coordinator / Quality Assurance)
- Performed Quality Assurance for all program and JCL changes and ensure standards were adhered prior to migration into UAT environment; then, schedule a stand-alone UAT execution and wrote resolutions for all problems that may encounter during testing.
- Developed a Unified Acceptance Testing (UAT) a testing system environment, composed of several systems applications for system integrity testing prior to migration of program changes into production.
- Wrote CLIST/REXX programs to help me ease the burden of tedious program migration procedures.
Technology: COBOL II, DB2, IMS, CICS, SQL, VSAM, JCL, MVS, TSO/ISPF, XEDIT, EXEC, CLIST, REXX, File-Aid, Easytrieve, Debugger, Expediter, Panvalet, FTP, WLM, IBM mainframe utilities, CA Scheduler, Ms Access, Visual Basic, Visio, Crystal Report XI, MS Office, Visio
Senior Consultant - Test Analyst
- Was assigned as part of a team within the Quality Assurance department supporting all existing system with legacy applications in the client server.
- Performed business analysis on their existing systems.
- Developed test cases and functional requirements of their systems.
- Executed the test plan prior to implementation in the production environment.
Technology: Citrix, Sybase, SQL, MS Access, Segue Silk Test, Oracle, MS Office
Senior Consultant - Senior Analyst Programmer
- Was originally contracted thru Indusa Inc. to resolve the issue of Auto-balancing Reports which were running in production for two years that cannot reconcile with the manual counts. The issue was resolved in less than two months.
- Provided technical support in solving various mainframe production problems.
- Helped Team Project Leader in the analysis and investigation of complex jobs.
- Wrote Adhoc programs such as tracking of stockpiling of medical supplies.
- When the company converted their systems to AS/400, Oracle, and Brio Developers tool, I converted most reports of the Salesman Invoice, Lease Sold Base and Customer Sales Analysis Systems.
Technology: COBOL II, MVS/ESA, TSO/E SPF, JCL, VSAM, Exec, Easytrieve, Teradata, Expediter, MS ACCESS, AS/400, Oracle, SQL, BRIO Explorer, MS Office, Visio