- A solution driven & resourceful IT Consultant/Analyst and Software Developer with 20+ years of comprehensive experience in software engineering & development, software architecture, distributed applications on UNIX platforms, IBM Mainframe application design/development,/support, and mainframe tools and mainframe automation.
- Six Sigma Black Belt.
- A consummate expert, with successful track record in the IT field, possessing multidisciplinary repertoire of skills and competencies in executing and implementing strategies, managing people, leading change, and exceeding client’s expectations.
- Advanced knowledge of the key business principles and best practices to achieve success.
- Project Manager/Business Analyst with consistent/precise project planning and execution, with a goal oriented approach that ensures success and perfection.
- Strategic specialist with a flair for adapting quickly to dynamic technical and quality focused environments and adopting pragmatic approach to complexity.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Application & Software Design/Development Delivery & Change Management Strategic Planning/IT Strategy Development Quality Control Process & Service Improvement Cost & Quality Control Transformations People Management Process Improvement Programme/Project Planning Negotiations & Presentations
- Time Management Problem Resolution Effective Communication
Operating Systems/Software: IBM mainframe Z - OS, MVS/, UNIX/ Linux /Windows.
Mainframe: COBOL, CICS/ BMS, DB2, VSAM, MICROFOCUS COBOL, MQ, JCL, TSO/ISPF, Control-M, ENDEVOR, SPUFI, FIILEAID, OMEGAMON, XPEDITER, FILEAID,SYNCSORT, JES2, VTAM, Assembly Language and REXX for mainframe automation, Control-M, CA7
Databases: Oracle, SQL, PL SQL, Stored Procedures, SQL Server, DB-2, IMS, MS Access, TAOD, SQL Developer, COGNOS 10, SAS, C++. Data Modeling and Metadata library.
Transmissions: TCP/IP, FTP, PGP, DNS, SSL.STERLING GATEWAY, GENTRAN
JAVA: java (j2ee), Websphere, Eclipse, Java Script, HTML, JQUERY.
Project Management: MS-Office including Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Agile, and Sharepoint.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Transmission protocols include NDM, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, SFTP.
- Duties include maintaining existing transmissions .conversion to Confidential working with clients and addressing client issues and problems.
Confidential, King of Prussia, PA
- Participated in Data Center migration project.
- Performed conversion of Mainframe JCL to migrate client transmissions from MOVE IT to Sterling File Gateway.
- Transmissions converted from FTP to SFTP, NDM.
- Developed and performed QA testing to verify converted data for accuracy.
- Effectively worked with clients to do transmission testing on Sterling File Gateway and verification of files.
- Also completed porting of EDI files to Sterling File Gateway to be routed to the EDI Translator
- Database: Oracle,SQL Server.
Confidential, Wilmington, Delaware
Senior Analyst - ETL
- Provide web access to transmission data via Oracle, Cognos.
- Developed QA testing scenarios to be sure all new code developed was executed and verified correct.
- Also verified all data loaded from the production environment.
- Formulated the Data Warehouse Dimensional models for analytics using COGNOS 10..
- Facilitated the in house technology related to Confidential stores.
- Resolved problems and problem management.
- Managed and maintained data transmission from vendors and all the Confidential stores using FTP, PGP, Sterling Gentran Sterling File Gateway, Applix, SAP, MS SQL Server, C++, EDI X12 XML, SAS
Confidential, Newark, Delaware
Integration /Conversion /Automation Analyst
- Business Analyst in Migration of mainframe processes to UNIX/LINUX platform.
- Developed job flows/test cases in the UNIX environment. IBM Mainframe, COBOL, CICS, DB2, ORACLE,UNIX UNIX SCRIPT. Batch job scheduling using Control-M.
Confidential, Horsham, PA
Consultant Integration Analyst
- Developed and handled the Credit Card Delivery System and optimised the expansion of DB2 tables and credit card delivery system, DB2 tables/Metadata Library. (IBM Mainframe (Z/OS), COBOL, CICS, DB2, TSO/ISPF SAS, UNIX, UNIX Script, DB2, Stored Procedures, SQL). Created QA scenarios to test and verify data in new DB2 tables
Confidential, Santa FE, NM
Consultant Systems Integration/Conversion/ Business Analyst
- Skilfully converted mainframe systems to Java for Health and Human Services .
- Carried out mainframe data migration from VSAM and DB2 to Oracle. Introduced the mainframe group to Java environment.
- Scheduled mainframe and unix jobs via Control-M.
- Devised documentation to support mainframe group in the conversion process and applications for conversion.
- Controlled ETL processes for file synchronization to Oracle during conversion.
- Enhanced ETL conversion from mainframe to Oracle for the Java environment, java, java script, MS-Excel. Linux (Red Hat) - shell scripting.
Software/hardware: Mainframe Z/OS, COBOL, DB2, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, FILE AID, REXX, ORACLE. Created QA test scenarios for validation
Confidential, Valley Forge, PA
Project Manager/ Business Analyst/ Six Sigma Black Belt/ Developer
- Designed and formulated various Web Applications for an online menu of options for employees to access and making selections for trading and investments, institutional clients to extract data.
- Extracted data from Oracle and SQL databases for the data metrics, dashboards, data analysis for process improvement, company architecture. Performed Mainframe automation - REXX, ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE, C++.
- Formatted Ad Hoc online reports requested by clients through the online menu formatted dynamically via client request using Cognos, Java and SAS. Real time transmission of data, extracting data for collection of reporting activities from mainframe and UNIX platforms for integration into SQL and Oracle databases.
- Developed supplemental applications that created hardcopy reports. Created data analysis, metrics, and dashboards, pivot tables in Java, CSS, Excel and data analysis tools.
- Managed and accelerated process improvement projects for Business Clients, Computer Operations, Technical Operations, Technical Services, Trade Processing, Corporate Finance and Institutional Systems via Tivoli.
- Created metrics and dashboards for Computer Operations, Technical Operation and Tech Services using OBIEE, SAS, and Cognos. Developed and maintained Project documentation in the .Net Framework environment using MS Visual Studio .Net Framework 45 (IDE), SharePoint and Agile.
- Professionally executed Six Sigma data analysis for process improvement using customer service and computer operations problem tickets to determine recurrent issues, identify root cause and propose projects to reduce defects, support hours and improve Voice Of the Client/ Voice Of the Employee.
- Managed the Data Transmission group to support all data transmissions coming into Vanguard. The supported platforms were FTP, PGP, SFTP, NDM, EDI X12, XML, TCP/IP
- Acted as Team Lead team lead for implemented of Control-M as a mainframe scheduler