- Innovative IT professional with over 30 years of experience as a systems analyst exposed to mainframe, mini - computer, and PC based systems. Possess strong analytical, problem solving, and reasoning skills. Have been using SDLC methodologies for many years within both large and small teams.
- Have excellent verbal and communication skills and have worked with both internal and external clients. Understand development time estimation and strong adherence to project schedules.
- Have created system documentation, project plans, time estimates, technical design documents, test plans and cases, coordinated integration testing, migrated production code, and performed systems support and problem resolution.
- Personally performed full life cycle on many web and Windows based data entry and decision support systems connecting to MS Access, SQL Server, and Oracle databases.
- Have extensive experience in architecting and developing web and thick-client client server database applications using ASP.NET (VB and C#), VBA, MS Access, SQL Server, and Oracle. The development of these systems included both the front-end GUI and reporting as well as the back-end databases.
- The design of the back-end databases included all application DBA work that included the logical and physical design of tables as well as the optimization of performance using indexes. Have designed many ad-hoc and reporting applications integrating data from multiple internal corporate databases.
- Have designed multiple systems integrating MS Access, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint. Have also built stand-alone MS Excel metrics applications that directly connect to Oracle and SQL Server.
- ASP.NET, VB.NET, Visual Basic, SQL, HTML, C#, C, MS ACCESS VBA, MS VSTO, ORACLE PL/SQL, MS SSIS, UNIX Shell, MS ASP Classic, JCL, COBOL, ASSEMBLER, XML
- MVS, UNIX, MS Windows, MS Windows Server, MS Office development platform, Visual Studio 2005 - 2013, Telerik Controls, Visual Studio 2005 - 2013, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Word, SOAP, Crystal Reports, MS Report Viewer
- SQL Server 2000-2012, SQL Server Azure, Oracle 8i - 11G, MS Access 2000 - 2013
- Created ETL processes using VB.Net, SSIS, and VBA scripting extracting data from Netezza, Oracle, and SQL Server. Performed scraping of data from text reports. Created .Net console applications to run ETL processing.
- Created multiple turnkey systems MS Office solutions integrating MS Access and Excel using VBA coding and backend databases in SQL Server, Netezza, MS Access, and Oracle.
- Developed complex dashboards/scorecards with multi-tabbed Excel spreadsheets populated by VBA code.
- Developed delivery systems in VB.Net to send reports to clients via email.
- Developed web-based reporting systems using ASP.Net and VB.Net using the Microsoft report viewer.
- Developed client server applications using MS Access and ASP.Net as the front-end with Oracle and SQL Server as the databases. Developed MS Access/SQL server applications using Citrix.
- Developed custom solutions to automate ad-hoc data extraction and delivery with no coding required.
- Performed SQL Server and Oracle DBA tasks creating tables, indexes, triggers, stored procedures, and functions.
- Performed problem resolution and support for all internal systems.
- Developed C# coding samples for SOAP XML web services.
- Developed decision support systems in MS Access, SQL Server, and Oracle that extracted and integrated data from corporate databases for data mining and reporting.
- Developed standalone Excel applications that read directly from SQL Server and Oracle.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Completed the EDS Systems Engineer Development program. For the first 10 years in my career Confidential EDS worked within a large EDS team of consultants Confidential maintaining various mainframe and minicomputer systems.
- This team followed an SDLC development methodology. Worked within the development and QA teams using COBOL, JCL, MVS, VSAM, UNIX, C, UNIX Shell. In late 90’s became part of a small group of EDS employees involved with a startup venture.
- Built PC based custom applications to support the startup.
- The systems built include billing, case management, and reporting and analysis systems in MS Access and SQL Server. I was also the SQL Server DBA.